Trouble at the Resort

THE RED NOTEBOOK

FLASHBACK----- October 16, 2011

 

There she was, nagging at one of the resort’s staff like she’s some sort of VIP or maybe she is? Joanne, a customer far from Bohol who has reserved the resort months ago for the reception of her wedding is now complaining for not getting her reservation because of some allegedly VVIP Korean artists.

“How dare you tell me that my little sister and two cousins can’t stay here!? I HAVE MADE A RESERVATION!!

“uh...y-yes we understand b-but the reception for your we-wedding isn’t until next month so w-we just wanted you to put up with this –“

“Put up with it!? Ha. I reserved the resort for an entire month. You can’t just cut-off two weeks of it for those Koreans.”

“We don’t really want to upset you ma’am but they aren’t just ordinary Koreans. They’re A-list celebrities. We’ll be in big trouble if we reject them.”

“I DON’T CARE! Even if they were the president of Korea, I still won’t give a damn. It doesn’t change the fact that I reserved the resort first! Now, I’m going to say this as calm as I can, you better provide a room for my little sister and two cousins or else you’re going to regret it.”

The resort staff, seeing as he couldn’t do anything to make the customer give up on the two week reservation, just gave up and walked away to inform his manager.

-----

Despite the long drive you have to take to get there, Panglao Island Nature Resort will be worth it. It is a breathtaking sight,an exclusive luxury beach resort located in Dauis, Panglao Island, Bohol, Philippines. The resort is set on a cliffside property, with dramatic views of the sea from its infinity pool, restaurant and seaview cottages. It is surrounded by lush tropical landscapes embraced by clear, turquoise waters and dazzling white-sand beaches.

Amidst this beautiful scenery, three young girls were seated on a wooden bench across the reception’s desk, their head resting on their hands. All three of them had an obvious bored expression on their faces but they ironically blended with the beautiful interior design.  Looking at them was like looking at a beautiful painting.

“AH. Whatever!” One of the girls with an apple hairstyle suddenly exclaimed. “I can’t take it anymore. How long do we have to wait?”

“Shhhh. Hana-unnie, you can’t just yell in a place like this. Besides, that staff already went to talk to his manager, right? It probably won’t be long until we get our room.” The girl wearing a white dress whispered.

“Stella is right but the fact that they’re rejecting us first for some Korean celebrities is just FRU-STRA-TING.” the girl with a cool dandy camera joined the conversation.

“Exactly Berlith. VVIP Korean celebrities my ! Do they really think we care!? The only Korean celebrities i would go gaga for would be TVXQ5 and it’d be a miracle if I could see them together in this hotel soooo DON’T CARE!” Hana babbled.

“I know right. How dare they reject us!?” Berlith agreed.

“Yeah. Well, welcome to the ugly world of reality where big-shot Korean celebrities who probably aren’t DBSK are favored than three young girls.” Stella retorted with her usual laid-back tone and straight face.

The three of them were about to get into another argument when Joanne strutted towards them with a grin on her face, holding up a room key accompanied by a resort employee. “Let’s go!” Joanne touted. The three girls immediately rose up from their seat and followed the resort employee and Joanne. The resort employee led them to a golf cart and motioned for them to enter the passenger seat. The four of them obliged and the resort employee drove them to their room.

-----

That night…

Hana, who happened to be so tired, was in front of the mirror, lousily brushing her teeth when out of nowhere, a Blackberry Torch 9810 appeared in front of her face and Berlith, who, a second ago was sitting quietly on the toilet was now shouting to her ear.

“UNNIE! UNNIE! LOOK! LOOK!”  Berlith said with an excited grin on her face.

“YA! What do you think you’re doing? GET THAT THING OUT OF MY FACE!” Hana annoyingly heaved the cellphone out of her face.

“But…LOOK!” Berlith insisted.

“Aiish… I’ll listen to your senseless spazzing later! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!” Hana retorted as she shoved Berlith out of the bathroom.

 “Lucky!~” Berlith grinned despite being forcibly driven out as she saw her next victim. (Yes, her next victim) the person who is to listen to Berlith’s endless rants.

Stella was comfortably lying down in bed wearing a red cotton night dress with her earphones on. She was quietly listening to a shuffle of Tohoshinki songs until Berlith decided to take off one of her earphones and rudely  shouted to her ears, “YAAAAAAAAAA!”

“WAE!? What is wrong with you? Can’t you see that I’m in emoshinki mode right now? Aissh!” Stella responded glaring at her

“Yeah, whatever! Just read what’s in here!” Berlith replied as she held up her cellphone.

Berlith immediately handed Stella her cellphone to let her read the article but that’s not the case here. How could Stella possibly read the article when Berlith started talking uncontrollably right after she handed the phone?

“Oh my gosh. Can you believe it? What if they’re back together? What if they’re meeting secretly right now? What if-“ Berlith went on and on.

“SHUT UP!!  How do you expect me to understand what I’m reading when you won’t stop talking!?!” Stella said, cutting off Berlith.

“Hmph!”  Berlith responded to Stella’s rhetorical question with a quick glare and a pout.

Surprisingly enough, Berlith did shut up for a few minutes to allow Stella to read the article.

Stella’s eyes widened as she read the title of the article which was printed in big red fonts:

 “JYJ and HoMin spotted at the same airport!”

After reading the article, Stella glanced at Berlith with an inquisitive look on her face and asked, “Hey, don’t you think the airport looks familiar? I’m sure I’ve seen it somewhere.”

In an instant, the two looked at each other, their eyes wide in shock with what they just realized. Then in unison, they exclaimed, “OH-MY-GAD-SUN!”

It dawned into them that the airport that was mentioned in the article was the same airport that they just arrived in a few hours ago. And yet, that wasn’t the most shocking part yet. Their minds suddenly drifted to a few hours ago in the resort lobby:

[FLASHBACK]

“Put up with it!? Ha. I reserved the resort for an entire month. You can’t just cut-off two weeks of it for those Koreans.”

“We don’t really want to upset you ma’am but they aren’t just ordinary Koreans. They’re A-list celebrities. We’ll be in big trouble if we reject them.”

“I DON’T CARE! Even if they were the president of Korea, I still won’t give a damn. It doesn’t change the fact that I reserved the resort first! Now, I’m going to say this as calm as I can, you better provide a room for my little sister and two cousins or else you’re going to regret it.”

[FLASHBACK END]

“OMO! Could it possibly be? Could the Korean celebrities that are staying in this resort be Dong Bang Shin Ki – all 5 of them?” Berlith screamed.

“…but the 5 of them? They couldn’t be staying here together, could they?” Stella followed Berlith’s tone.

“OF COURSE NOT!”, Hana snapped as she made her way to the bedroom with her hair tied up in a neat bun. “THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE. JYJ and HoMin in the same place at the same time? SM isn’t that stupid!”

With Hana’s one remark, the cheerful atmosphere of the room suddenly turned glum and dull. The entire room fell into complete silence.

“Oh look at the time. It’s already 10:58. *yawn* It’s late so I’m going to sleep now. Goodnight~” Stella announced finally breaking the silence.

“I think we all should go to bed now.” Hana suggested.

And so they did. They said “goodnight” to each other and fell asleep.

The night on the resort passed by peacefully. From the outside of the girls’ room, all you can hear was the gentle splashing of the waves and the trees were dancing gracefully to the breeze of the wind.

Unlike the beautiful and peaceful night that passed, Hana’s mood went awfully bad when she woke up that morning. She didn’t really have a particular reason for her bad mood. She just wasn’t a morning person. She got up from her bed and glanced at her two companions. Both of them were still sleeping soundly. She wanted to get breakfast immediately but paused and questioned herself if she should or should not wake the two up and take them to eat breakfast with her.  After a while of pondering, she decided that she wouldn’t. It was not because she didn’t want to disturb their sleep but because she realized that it would be annoying to take those two with her.

“If they want to eat, they could just wake up by themselves”, Hana thought as an evil grin formed on her face.

Indeed, Hana isn’t really the nicest person you would meet. Though, she could be one of the “nicest-looking” person you’ll meet. She looks really young for her age. She’s already 18 but she often gets mistaken for a 15 year old ----- she can’t enter a club without an I.D. If only they knew that she is working at one of those big-shot companies which ordinary people could not easily get into while studying in a prominent university, they probably wouldn’t dare block her path.

As Hana marched her way towards the resort’s restaurant, she was dismayed to see the crowd of Koreans who seemed to have occupied every single table. As fast as she could, she went to the counter and ordered her food. Then, she looked around to search for an empty table where she can eat her meal in peace and lucky for her, she did find one. She made her way to the table. As she was about to sit down, a tall skinny Korean guy suddenly dashed towards the same table and sat down before Hana did.

Hana’s jaw dropped. “What the!? That was supposed to be my seat. Ugh!”

To her surprise, the Korean guy just looked at her with one of his eyebrows raised. It was as if he didn’t understand what Hana was saying or was he pretending to not understand? Annoyed, Hana grunted and stomped towards the counter. She didn't even bother to look at the guy's face, she's nearsighted anyway. The Korean guy didn’t seem to care. He just looked away and called for someone. “Hyung! Iriwa! I finally found an empty table!” Hana couldn’t believe it. She was obviously angry but the Korean guy acted as if nothing happened. So she got the attention of the cashier and sarcastically announced as loud as he can so the Korean guy can hear her, “I’ll just eat this in my room! Thank you very much!”

Hana strolled towards her room with a tray of food in hand. She was preoccupied with dissing the “Korean guy” when a Korean lady with blonde hair suddenly bumped into her. The lady quickly apologized and went away.  Hana stared at the lady’s back figure as she walked away and thought, “She looks awfully familiar. Oh, I know. She must be one of those Korean celebrities. Ha! I told those two that it wasn’t TVXQ and I was right. But A-list celebrity? Seriously!? I couldn’t even remember her name.”

Hana arrived in their room and as expected; her two dongsaengs were still fast asleep. She was putting her tray of food on the table when she felt that something was missing. She looked around then realized that she left her purse on the counter. She hurriedly walked to the resort’s restaurant again and was relieved to see that the crowd of Koreans minutes ago were nowhere in sight. Only three Koreans remained. They were sitting together on a table overlooking the beach. She strutted towards the counter to claim her purse. As she was about to go back, a familiar laugh froze her. “Eukyang-kyang”. The laugh echoed in her ear.  Startled, she looked toward the direction of the three Korean guys. She gasped as she recognized the three of them. Leisurely sitting on the table and talking to each other were the three members of JYJ. Out of shock, she dashed towards her room as she couldn’t wait to tell Stella and Berlith who she just saw. She was running so fast that she didn’t notice the familiar blonde lady walking towards her and like déjà vu, they bumped into each other again. This time, Hana finally recognized the blonde lady.

“Blonde coordi!?”

“Mwo!?” the blonde lady replied with a confused expression.

“Ah…uh…nothing.” Hana said as she bowed down to apologize.

As she made her way towards their room, various thoughts filled her head. “I just saw JYJ with my own eyes and blonde coordi is here which means that Yunho is here and OH MY GOSH! That annoying Korean guy who stole my table –“ she swallowed the lump that formed on before she continued with her thoughts, “THAT WAS DEFINITELY CHANGMIN! I can’t believe I screamed at him!”

Hana arrived in their room just in time to see Stella and Berlith feasting on her tray of food.  Noticing Hana’s arrival, Stella greeted her with a complain, “Ya unnie! Why’d you only brought one tray of food? There are two of us, you know.”

Normally, Hana would burst with anger because first of all, the food they’re eating is not for them, it was for her. But the situation now is different, she was in ecstatic fangirl mode so she ignored Stella’s complain, took a deep breath and finally managed to speak in a stutter, “J-JYJ and Homin. T-they’re here. In this re-resort. Right now. I-I JUST SAW THEM!”

Berlith and Stella exchanged glances. “Are you crazy?”, they asked in unison.

Before Hana could even answer, both of them glared at Hana and in unison, mockingly told her the same thing she told them last night, “THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE. JYJ and HoMin in the same place at the same time? SM isn’t that stupid!”

“NOOOOOOO!! BUT I REALLY SAW DONG BANG SHIN KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!”