Like Family - 가족 처럼 - 家族のような PART 1

THE RED NOTEBOOK

 

“I wasn’t dreaming!”, Hana insisted.

“Who else would have an ‘eukyangkyang laugh’ other than Junsu? And that guy… that tall Cassanova Changmin who only has eyes for food… I swear! I saw him! He was eating like a poor mad man who hasn’t eaten for years! YAAAHH! Believe me!”

And once again, Hana’s never-ending stories slash imagination slash fantasy started. She was still very energetic that morning, like she had her 10-hour sleep when in fact she only had 2. Thanks to her fantasy of seeing TVXQ5 in the resort. She looked really crazy, by the way. No. Scratch that! She is crazy! Imagine her falling silent out of the blue after her loud talks as she quietly daydreams and then snap back to reality and then back to her stories again and so on and so forth. That was her new routine which started just yesterday. Berlith and Stella couldn’t help but just nod and say their lousy ‘yeah-yeah’ in reply to Hana’s talks which more likely sound like nagging.

“Excuse me while I go back to reality. Wanna go together, Hana unnie?” Berlith teased.

“I said Everything’s real! Have I done wrong lately? Why don’t you guys believe me?”

“Chill. I was kidding unnie. Just wanna get some fresh air outside.”

-----

“That was an excuse, of course.”, Berlith muttered as soon as the doors shut close.

She was walking through the garden while humming to DBSK’s Step by Step which suddenly came into her mind. She then harmonized her light steps with the beat. Her eyes wandered in amazement as she passed by unique landscapes. She came across a large wooden open-house with big long stairs outside that gave justice to the building. She then stopped by and sat on the stairs. She thought and pondered heavily on Hana’s stories. A slideshow of pictures and events ran in her mind.

*FLICK* TVXQ’s airport scandal.

*FLICK* The airport they landed in which seem like the same airport TVXQ5 landed.

*FLICK* PINR as one of the most visited resort in Bohol.

*FLICK* VVIP Koreans in the resort.

*FLICK* Hotel crews talking about the ‘Allegedly VVIP Korean artists in the resort.’

*SNAP!* POSSIBLE.

She fell in her thoughts and planned on what to do if she ever meets TVXQ5 in the resort. She was already smiling widely like an idiot when some cute Korean guys looked at her and smirked. Right when she noticed the guys' smirk, she immediately snapped back to reality.

 “Ah! Namichigetda! :S What a shame! What a shame! What a shame! Ugh! I’m never doing this again. Ha! JYJ and HoMin here? Together? Oh please. Give me a break. I swear I’ll shout Engrish words in front of many people when I ever get to see them. Like this…”

Berlith animated Junsu as she closed her eyes, opened it, pointed to the sun, cleared and yelled, “‘HUMAYGAD SUN!’ Hehe. I’m crazy.” She realized.

“Humaygad sun? Who’s that?” A Korean guy suddenly butted in.

Apparently, JYJ was also walking through the garden opposite from the antique house when Junsu suddenly heard his infamous “humaygad sun”.  He immediately run toward the direction of the voice and saw Berlith. 

“Humaygad sun? Who’s that?” He asked Berlith with his crooked English and playful smile.

“Ah…err…uhm” Berlith was stoned from shock that she couldn’t utter a single word right.

“He meant to say ‘who are you’“ Yoochun interrupted as he covered Junsu’s mouth

“Ah. Ye. I know” Berlith finally responded “I’m a Cassiopeia. He’s Xiah Junsu. I just quoted his ‘omaygad sun’ a few seconds ago – penguin voice – duckbutt – eukyangkyang laugh – I can’t be mistaken. And you!” she said as she studied Yoochun’s face. “You’re Micky Yoochun. The romantic one. The dandy guy. Chunface! But where’s MY ever-beautiful, self-obsessed, angel face Hero Jaejoong? ”

Berlith kept on talking and talking. She felt like there was no more tomorrow, no more time for her frantic antics to come out from . The moment of shock that she felt seconds ago seems to have left her completely and now she couldn’t zip shut. She never ran out of words. She never stopped until JYJ giggled at her.

“Omo. I was talking too much. Hehe” Berlith forcibly giggled that it made JYJ’s giggles grew even louder.

“That’s okay. Nice to meet you. I’m YOUR ever-beautiful, self-obsessed, angel face Jaejoong” Jaejoong greeted as he offered his hands for a handshake. But his hand was rejected with Berlith’s quick reply, “Can I just hug you instead?” Jaejoong was shocked with the abrupt request but obliged anyway, he couldn’t hide his smile though. He spread his arms and Berlith unhesitatingly hugged him tight. Jaejoong hugged her back and mischievously patted her head so hard that it messed up her hair.

“Ah! Jinjja!” Berlith frowned as she fixed her hair. Not minding if Jaejoong saw her like that. She was just a bit annoyed and she didn’t want to hide it.

“Ah. Kwiyeo.” Jaejoong said as she playfully smiled at the annoyed girl.

“As a JJ fan, I forgive you without you even saying sorry.” Berlith smiled.

“Awwww~” was all Jaejoong could reply. He looked at his two members and the three exchanged smiles as if they were using telepathy to talk but their so-called ‘telepathy’ was interrupted when…

“Oh! I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Berlith and I’m a Cassiopeia. But wait. I said that already right? But yeah, I’m a Cassiopeia. And so… NICE TO MEET YOU!!!” Berlith gave a 90 degree bow and offered her right hand towards Jaejoong expecting for a handshake from him but failed when Junsu suddenly grabbed her hands.

“Hey! Long time no see!” Berlith chuckled as she mimicked Junsu’s Engrish again.

“Ah! Ye. But.it’s.not.that. Itch (It’s)…” Junsu slowly spoked to make his English more pronounced but he ended with… “Nicetomeetyoufortheveryfirsttime” in a seemingly normal pace.

“It’s nice-to-meet-you-for-the-very-first-time, not ‘Naysh.to.meet.you.for.da.beri.firsh.taym’ Yeah? ‘You-want-me-I-want-you’?! Micky corrected while teasing Junsu.

“Aaaaaaah! Yoochun-ah! Can you not embarrass me in front of a fan?”

Micky chuckled and chuckled as he continued teasing Junsu. The fan, enjoying their cute little rants, can just laugh in disbelief seeing YooSu in front of her, not in her television, laptop or cellphone.

“Excuse me.” Berlith interrupted as the two were still quarreling like they’re the only people in the garden. She bowed as Jaejoong signaled his usual it’s-okay with a nod and a smile. She then took a few steps away from them. She immediately dialed Hana’s number on her phone and…

“YA! Unnie! Palli wa! JYJ is here! I believe you already. So believe me too and come here quickly. They’re here with me. We’re at the garden overlooking the big open-house antique which is just a few meters from the swimming pool. Palli! Waaaa! Jeongmal Namicheogetda! Palli!” Berlith said at the top of her lungs, almost shouting.

Unknown to Berlith, JYJ watched her every move and listened to her every word. They watched as Berlith’s fangirl mode unfolds right in front of them.

“Waaa! Was that her just now? Was the girl who was with us moments ago and that person over there” Jaejoong pointed at Berlith’s direction, “one and the same?”

“Surprisingly, Yes.” Micky calmly replied.

“Cassiopeias never fail to amaze us in their own little way.” Junsu said with a smile.

“Heeeeey!” Berlith waved at them. JYJ walked towards her and…

“So, finished with your childish fights, huh? Ugh… So… Today… Ugh… What are you up to? Why are you here? One of those VVIP customers, eh? Oh. You don’t need to answer all my queries, the word private is in my dictionary too. As for me, I’m one of those three non-korean VVIP minus the first V. Hehe. Ugh… staying here. So... apparently, three Cassiopeians are here, three fans of JYJ. Perfect for the three stars! Haha.” Berlith started talking again, not stopping and giving time for JYJ to talk.

“Oh. Sorry.” Berlith realized lately again.

“No. It’s okay. You should keep talking. It seems like you have many things to tell us.” Jaejoong talked.

“Yeah! Go on! Hwaiting!” Junsu cheered.

“Haha” was all Berlith could SAY.

“Really. It’s okay. Don’t mind them. They probably don’t know what you’re saying. You see… they have poor English. Hehe. That would add to the MANY reasons why they’re left with either a few words or completely speechless. I’ll just relay everything you said later.” Micky assured her.

“Oh.”

“Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!” Stella shouted her cousin’s nickname.

“Wait, remember to keep calm, Arasseo? Like they’re just some ordinary stars, not TVXQ!” Hana retorted.

“Okay, okay. But wait. They are TVXQ! How can they be ordinary? Micheosseo?!”

“Oh. Come on. You know that’s not what I mean. Just keep calm okay? Let’s keep calm. I don’t wanna destroy my image. I can’t be super duper crazy in front of Micky. Please? Let’s not spazz to much in front of them or better yet, never spazz in front of them.”

“Ah. Ne! Ne! Ahjumma! I’ll never be like ‘Oh, Micky! Kwiyeopta! Jinjja. Oh ottokhe?’ or ‘Omo. Am I still dreaming? Please don’t wake me up! Please!’” Stella teased as she mimicked Hana’s usual lines.

“KAJA!”

-----

“Konnichiwa! Hana to imasu. Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu!” Hana greeted and bowed to the three.

“Oh! You’re Japanese? Good! I could understand you!” Junsu grabbed Hana’s arm “Just stay right here, by my side. Wakapteru?” and linked arms with her hoping he had finally found a “FRIEND” who will not bully him and talk to him in a language he could understand.

“Sh*t. Naïve and cute as ever.” Stella silently cursed.

“GOAL! You owe me an icecream, Stella! I got Junsu! Blehh!” Hana declared.

“Ehh?!” Junsu uttered in shock.

“She’s not Japanese. You fell for her words. I made a bet that you won’t. My bad. I didn’t know you’re really that gullible. Hehe.” Stella explained.

“Hyuuuung!” Junsu stomped his feet like a little boy asking for his mother’s back-up.

“Hahahahahahaha! You’re being bullied again! Serves you right! Hahahahaha!” Jaejoong couldn’t control his laughter. Micky chuckled as well.

“And you are?” Micky asked, gesturing towards the other girl.

“Oh. Me?” Stella was caught off guard. “Stella imnida. Bangapsumnida!” the girl greeted as she bowed.

“YOU’RE NOT KOREAN!!!” Junsu pointed out.

“Obviously.” Micky and Stella said as-a-matter-of-factly in unison.

“Hahahahahahahaha! Here we go again! Let’s all bully Kim Junsu! CASSIOPEIA FIGHTING!!!!!” Jaejoong again burst out a laugh.

The six obviously enjoyed each other’s company as they comfortably talked like family, not as stars and fans.