Still.

THE RED NOTEBOOK

 

After several minutes of tolerating and listening to their nonstop exchanged of words, Yunho just couldn’t take it anymore. He was left with no choice but to forcedly stop them with a cold low voice. “Kumane.”

“Ehhh? Hyung! We’re just playing.”

“Even so. They’re Cassiopeias, you should be nicer to them. Just in case you don’t know, you look like a hungry lion, ready and eager to eat them when time permits you.”

It was now HoMin’s turn to argue. Berlith let out a soft giggle, “Seeing DBSK acting like this is really heartwarming. To think that we’re seeing it with our own eyes, we definitely are the luckiest Cassiopeias alive!”

“Yeah! Who could have thought that the VVIP Korean artists were TVXQ5? Early morning, JYJ. This afternoon, HoMin. Can we have TVXQ5 later?” Hana said smilingly.

“We even beat the media to this hot news! Wooooooh! Cheeeeeeers—“

Berlith and Hana’s merrymaking was cut-off when Stella, who was sitting in between them, elbowed her two unnies. She glumly eyed the both of them, her eyes seemingly explaining the situation. It was then when they realize their environment, gloomy as ever. It was like them talking with colors while everything outside them stood black and white and the tic-tock of the wall clock seem to imply loneliness. The clock too was downcast. Even Aya and MangDoong felt the tension. They were silent.

Tic-tock. Tic-tock. Tic-tock. Silence filled the room until…

“Arf! Arf! Arf! Arf!” , the two doggies started “talking” to each other.

“Good thing MangDoong is here”, HoMin thought to themselves.

“Good thing Aya is here”, the other three thought as well.

Yes. Good thing the dogs were there. Who would have thought that no one would dare break the silence?

“ManDoong-i~ Iriwa~”, Changmin called to his dog, adding colors to the room.

“Aya-chan~”, Stella also called out.

And so. Accomplished. SUBJECT CHANGE: ACCOMPLISHED.

In no time at all, the dogs started playing with each other again. Changmin, Yunho, Hana, Stella and Berlith just watched the dogs from the side, amazed and jealous of the two dogs having fun.

“Kyeopta! Aya! Come to think of it, you look like a small version of Xiahki~”

“Oh.”, Berlith’s eyes widened as she covered . She then followed it with a quick “Mian.”

Awkward silence filled the room once again. But they suddenly jumped from their seat when the door burst open. A middle-aged man who was probably in his thirties entered the room accompanied by a familiar looking blonde lady and one other coordi-noona who looked the same age as the blonde one.

“What do you think you’re doing!? Don’t you know how to kno—“, Hana started furiously but stopped when Changmin spoke.

“M-manager hyung. How’d you find us here?”

“How could we not? Every single staff member is searching for the two of you.” The blonde lady butted in. “Ugh! The two of you! How could you make us worry like this!?”

“This is not the time to lecture them. “ HoMin’s manager snapped. “Both of you, back to the set. NOW!”

“Buuuut~”, Changmin and Yunho said in unison with their aegyo, hoping that it would ease up the atmosphere.

“NO BUTS!”,the two coordis and manager firmly said.

“Fine.”, Changmin finally said. “But I’ll just take MangDoong back to our room.”

“There’s no time for that! The sun is almost setting. We need to finish filming before then.”

“But coordi-noona!”, Changmin whined.

“Why don’t you just leave MangDoong here then.”, Yunho suggested. “That should be okay, right?”

“Yea. It should be okay.” Stella agreed. “I bet Aya would be glad too.”

“Then I’ll leave her in your care then, little puppy”, Changmin teased as he patted Stella’s head. “But I’ll be taking her back the moment we end filming.”

 With that settled, HoMin with their manager and coordi-noonas went back to the set with no minute to spare.

-----

“I knew that Dong Bang Shin Ki reuniting was too good to be true.” Hana said, looking down. “And I was right.”

They all let out a sigh. The other two girls couldn’t even respond to what Hana was saying.  They were too bummed out. Avoiding the topic, Stella and Berlith pre-occupied themselves. Berlith was busy idling with her phone while Stella was playing with the dogs. It was a rare sight for Hana to see them like this and she didn’t like it. It was then when an idea came to her mind.

“Berlith! Stella!” Hana called out. “HoMin and JaeChunSu still care for each other, right?”

“Ye…I guess. How could they not?”, Berlith answered.

“If they still care about each other then meeting and talking this out would probably solve the problem.”

“What are you trying to say?”, Stella asked with a confused tone.

“We will let JYJ and HoMin meet…or atleast JYJ and Changmin.” Hana announced as a playful smile formed on her face.

-----

5:15 PM

Changmin and Yunho have just finished filming. As promised, Changmin went straight to room 505 to pick up MangDoong, carrying a pack of doggie treats for Aya and MangDoong to share.  He knocked twice before opening the door but the moment he saw the three figures sitting on the big couch inside the room, he suddenly lost his grip on the doggie treats that he was holding and it dropped to the floor. He widened his eyes in shock. He quickly scanned the room but he found no sign of the three girls that he was looking for. MangDoong and Aya was also nowhere in sight. He looked at them again and felt their shocked gaze. He quickly preoccupied himself with the doggie treats he just dropped. He absentmindedly tried to clean up his mess that he didn’t notice he was just repeatedly cleaning and messing the floor with food.

“Changmin-ah.”

Changmin stopped as soon as he heard his hyung’s voice.

“What should I do? I can’t even look at them straight. This feeling of awkwardness and tension makes me more uncomfortable than I already am.” Changmin thought to himself while biting his lips from the inside, careful not to be noticed. “Say something Shim Changmin!” He mentally ordered himself.