Chapter One

Water In My Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Knock. Once. Knock. Twice. Knock. Thrice. He just wouldn't give up. For just a moment, Jungkook thought Taehyung had finally stopped knocking on his window in hopes to wake him up. It was too damn early to deal with him, being that he had fallen asleep pretty late the night before. Only a moment of silence was what he got as his best friend began calling his cellphone, the ringtone sounding loudly next to his ear. He groaned deeply and grabbed a side pillow, chucking it at the closed window he knew damn well Taehyung currently stood at the other side of.

"With a throw like that, no wonder you didn't get onto the basketball team." His muffled voice sounded through Jungkook's bedroom. Jungkook fluttered his eyes open, squinting at the brightness of the sun. He sat up in his bed, eyes groggy, hair messy and mouth somewhat dry. "Open the damn window, kid." Taehyung spoke, knocking on the window once more. He currently balanced himself on the makeshift pathway between both bedrooms, them being connected by a wall, long enough to walk on.

"You're so damn annoying." Jungkook mumbled to himself as he stood up off his bed, making his way over to the window and pushing it open for the other to squeeze through. He stood back and watched him, seeing him slip one leg in then the other, and lastly slip in completely, not bothering to close the window behind him.

"But you love me." Taehyung winked, moving a hand to ruffle up the younger's hair. With a roll of his eyes, Jungkook turned while Taehyung walked away from him and hopped onto his bed, watching him stretch happily.

"Why are you here so early?" Jungkook questioned, going over to his bed side table, taking the water bottle he had been drinking from last night and drinking whatever was left in it. He glanced over at Taehyung as he did so, noticing his confused facial.

"Early? Jungkook it's almost 5 pm." He chuckled as he watched the other boy begin to choke on the water he currently had in his mouth. Jungkook brought a hand up to cover his mouth, coughing into it before swallowing the water, clearing his throat and checking his phone that was still lazily thrown onto his bed. "Rough night last night?"

"I guess you can call it that." Jungkook looked over at his desktop computer, screen black. He was an avid video game player, playing until the sun came up only to then sleep the entire morning and, on rare ocassions as these, the entire evening. He plopped down onto the bed next to Taehyung, running a hand thorugh his messy hair.

"We still going to Senior Getaway?" The eldest of the two questioned after a moment of silence. So that's what he was here for. Jungkook sighed and let his eyes shut. Taehyung knew how much the younger hated parties, especially any that had to do with the seniors. All their parties only ever ended up in them being pissed drunk and high off their asses and Jungkook didn't really roll with that crowd. Taehyung noticed the other hesitate and moved a foot to playfully shove him, tilting his head to the side. "C'mon, Namjoon invited us." The corner of his lips tilted up into a small grin as he watched Jungkook with hopeful eyes. This only resulted in Jungkook's lips forming into a slight grin as well, sighing softly in defeat and shrugging.

"Fine. Only because Namjoon is nice and you're being too annoying for me to handle." He spoke, standing up and making his way into the bathroom, leaving the elder on his bed. Taehyung called out to him, calling him names that varied from the innocent "idiot" to "" before finally reaching "little er". The younger simply flipped the other off before shutting the door and getting ready for the night, knowing well it was to be a spectacle to witness.

 

 

The beat of the music reached up to where the two currently stood, at the entrance of the beach, the space between sand and concrete. Eyes danced around each and every figure that stood before them, already, the sand covered in red cups and shoes lost by their owners. Jungkook was regretting being here, this wasn't his habitat, his was up in his room, alone, with video games. He was contemplating turning around and just leaving back up to his house, it not being a challenge with him living just up the shore, but was interrupted by a somewhat rough hand playfully slapping against his shoulder. He quickly looked up and noticed Namjoon, red cup in hand and grin against his lips.

"Hey, you made it." Namjoon spoke in a somewhat cheery tone. His dark purple hair complimented his tanned skin and eyes well, along with his tall frame that happened to tower over everyone who stood by him, broad shouldered and deep-voiced, it was no wonder as to why he was so popular. His features alone won him most of the school's attention, adding onto the fact that he was captain of the football team and not a complete jerk, he was bound to be loved by the entire student body one way or another.

"Yeah, I almost slept through it though." Jungkook admitted sheepishly, bringing a hand up to rub the back of his neck. Namjoon only let out a small chuckle and took a sip from his cup, shaking his head a bit before over his lips.

"Video games?" He questioned, raising his brows in the slightest. Jungkook didn't even need to answer as Taehyung hummed loudly, facial amused and teasing towards the youngest of the three. The two olders laughed in unision, Namjoon soon walking over to the bar that was not too far from where they stood and bringing back two more red cups for Taehyung and Jungkook to join into the drinking. Jungkook was hesitant to grab it but took it nonetheless, Taehyung, on the other hand, was more than happy to take it from the eldest, taking a sip from it immediately. "You two enjoy yourselves now." Namjoon winked before disappearing into the crowd of barely clothed teens and blunt smoke. Jungkook turned to speak to Taehyung yet noticed he too had disappeared into the crowd and smoke.

"Why do I do this to myself.." Jungkook sighed to himself as he poured the cup of whatever the hell it was onto the sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter