Chapter Four

Water In My Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was movement. Where there should've been silence, there was movement. Jungkook furrowed his brows and let his eyes take in the dimly lit bedroom, the sun not yet risen to it's full glory. The sky was a faded pink which waned into a translucent orange, and if it weren't for Jungkook noticing Jimin was not in his bed and the fact that he heard movement from somewhere in his house, he would've thought it was beautiful. He turned in his bed and faced the door, sighing once he saw it open. 

"Can I never wake up like a normal person?" The boy thought as he threw his covers off and made his way out through his door. He groggily brought a hand to run through his hair as he followed the sounds of murmuring and objects lightly clashing together. Slowly, and with caution, he made his way down the stairs, letting his eyes scan over his bottom floor. He almost thought he was once again going crazy had he not seen the foot perched over the back of his living room couch. His eyes narrowed a bit as he made his way closer to the culprit, making sure to make as little noise as possible. Though ready to fight if he needed to, he couldn't help but flinch when he heard a snore coming from the person before him. He was about to grab onto whoever it was and beat the crap out of him until he realized what exactly was happening in his living room. "Are you ing kidding me?" Jungkook spoke loud enough to be heard. A chorus of groans and groggy, slow limbs telling Jungkook to go away sounded from the boys sprawled around the living room. On the floor lay Namjoon, Seokjin's head on his torso and on the couch, lay a sprawled out Taehyung, shirt missing and arm covering over his eyes. 

"Jungkook, we're hung over as ." Seokjin spoke, his voice hoarse with sleep. He winced at the slightest movements, his head pounding and his entire body in pain. Namjoon only groaned out once Seokjin moved, holding a hand out to push him down, mumbling a "stay still". Taehyung, on the other hand, lay without a care in the world, snoring to his heart's content. If them three were here sleeping, then someone was clearly awake and making a mess somewhere, his mind going to Jimin who was currently still missing. Jungkook his heel and followed the noise once again, a indistinguishable smell reaching him. He slowly walked into the kitchen to see, not Jimin, but someone standing by the stove, someone he wasn't all too familiar with. He was busy, and seemed to be cooking something. Jungkook was about to call out to him but was interrupted by another voice.

"Hoseok, I found them!" Jimin's soft, sweet voice called excitedly from inside the refrigerator, Jungkook flinching up in a bit of surprise. He held up a bag of potatoes in his small hand, waving them around happily, until he noticed Jungkook standing at the kitchen entrance. His features brightened innocently as he dropped the bag and hurriedly went over to wrap his arms around Jungkook's torso. "Hi, Jungkook!" He called happily. Jungkook over his hips and cleared his throat a bit, patting Jimin softly on the back as he noticed Hoseok turn around and smile sweetly towards him. He moved closer, picked up the potatoes Jimin had dropped and walked over to the two embraced at the kitchen entrance. Jimin soon let go and happily strolled further into  the kitchen, taking the potatoes from Hoseok and going over to set them onto the counter. Hoseok stuck a hand out for the younger, watching him with bright features.

"Hi, sorry about last night I was out of it. I'm Hoseok, Jung Hoseok, senior." He nodded softly. Jungkook slowly took his hand and shook it, brows furrowing a bit yet introducing himself. He didn't understand what Hoseok was doing here to begin with, why anyone but Jimin was still doing here, actually. Jungkook glanced back at the pot on the stove, Jimin watching it bubble from afar. "Oh, I just thought it would be nice for me to make something for you all, considering that one, they all need some to sober up before class and two, I crashed here, consider this a thank you and an apology all in one." He chuckled softly and turned around to tend the pot, smacking away Jimin's curious fingers. Jungkook sighed under his breath and grabbed a cup, filling it up with water and beginning to take sips from it. Hoseok mumbled something to Jimin, Jimin turning around to glance over at Jungkook and let out a small giggle, shaking his head and smacking Hoseok's arm, making the taller chuckle softly. Jungkook felt a burning sensation in his chest, which made his brows furrow and his lips press together. Hoseok then ordered Jimin to wake up the other three as he set the table, Jimin nodding eagerly and waddling his way along. It was quiet for a bit before another chorus of even louder groans and whines sounded from the living room.

"JUNGKOOK YOUR BOYFRIEND IS GOING TO GET A PUNCH IN THE MOUTH!" Taehyung's voice echoed throughout the house. Jungkook couldn't help the embarrassingly red tint that shaded against his cheeks. Hoseok glanced up at Jungkook and raised his brows, laughing knowingly yet deciding not to say a word. Soon enough, the three hung over boys stumbled into the kitchen, blankets wrapped around shoulders, eyes squinting, hair messy and head pounding with Jimin walking happily with a bounce in his step, pink hair happily bobbing along with him. Taehyung glanced over at Jungkook, to Jimin, then back to Jungkook, narrowing his eyes a bit. It wasn't Jungkook's fault Jimin was so happy and innocent. Jimin probably had no idea he was disturbing the other two, all he knew was that he did what Hoseok wanted him to and he was more than happy for that. The three took seats at the dining table, Hoseok soon moving the pot to pour soup in each bowl, it filled with vegetables and pieces of meat. Jungkook's stomach growled as the smell filled the air around him, his mouth watering in the slightest. He moved closer to the table, taking a seat across from Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter