Chapter Two

Water In My Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness, abyss, cold, asphyxiating. These were some of the things he felt, looking up at the far sun rays shining through the surface of the great body of water. He tried to swim up, but for nothing, as his legs seemed to be held together. His heart beat wildly, the pit of his stomach sunken from knowing these were his last moments, possibly no one finding out what actually happened to him, for his body would soon be devoured by sea life, never to be seen again. He felt as his lungs filled with water, soon his world going dark, the burning in his chest subsiding, along with the beat of his heart within it.

 

Jungkook shot up in his bed in a panic, breath heavy and coming in pants, his chest heaving at a quick pace with each ragged breath he took. His frame was drenched in a cold sweat, along with his bed sheets, the sound of his blaring alarm clock filled the dimmed bedroom, the sun just now beginning to rise against the ocean's horizon. Jungkook sighed and ran a hand through his hair, bringing his other to turn the alarm off. His eyes traveled over to his open window, letting the ocean's breeze fill his somewhat messy bedroom as he watched the waves ripple in the distance, his mind automatically going to the boy he had seen the night before. He stood up off his bed, ripping the bed sheets from off his bed and tossing them in the hamper, storming off into the shower, not at all wanting to have to go to school or even be anywhere but in his room at that.

The smell of warm breakfast reached Jungkook as soon as he stepped out of his bedroom, grabbing his backpack on the way and fixing his uniform's collar with furrowed brows. There was no way his mother was back from Chicago so soon, she was thirteen hours away and had left just two nights ago, if anything she would be back at least a week from now. He made his way downstairs, turning the corner into his kitchen to see someone's back view, them wearing a grey sweatshirt with the same uniform pants as him. He rolled his eyes and leaned against the counter, eyes staring daggers at the other male.

"Taehyung, what are you doing?" Jungkook's voice sounded across the room, making the  older boy jump in surprise and drop the carton of milk he was currently holding into the sink, luckily not spilling any. Taehyung his heel, smile against his lips with a tilted head, his eyes shining despite the early hour of the morning.

"Good morning, kid." He chuckled softly, going over to the stove and, with the spatula, picking up the pancake he was currently cooking. He placed the pancake into a plate and motioned with his head for Jungkook to follow him to the table that held toast and scrambled eggs in plates and orange juice in cups. Jungkook eyed the table with suspicious eyes, brows furrowed, yet followed nonetheless. 

"What horrible thing did you do that you're trying to make up for?" Jungkook questioned, slowly taking a seat across from Taehyung at the dining table. Taehyung only smiled and shook his head, also taking a seat at the table. He glanced up at Jungkook and pursed his lips, seeming to try and find the right words to say. He then over his lips and spoke truthfully.

"Last night wasn't the best," An understatement. "And I know your mom isn't in town, Korea even, so I'd thought I'd cheer you up a bit." He shrugged nonchalantly yet the smile stayed upon his features as he took a sip from his cup of juice. "Besides, I know you've been feeding off of fruit snacks and chocolate milk for two days and some real food wouldn't kill you, alright?" Jungkook brought a hand up to rub the back of his neck, another habit of his when he was flustered or embarrassed. He took the fork in his hand and took a bite from his pancakes, nodding in appreciation to the taste.

"Thank you." He muffled between full cheeks. He truly was grateful for the other, Taehyung had been with him ever since he could remember, his entire life has been spent with Taehyung, despite the age difference, which didn't even matter now that Taehyung was only older by a couple months. He always made sure Jungkook was cared for, standing up for him when he was teased by classmates, making sure he was fed and well. Taehyung was honestly like Jungkook's brother, but he'd never admit that. Too mushy for him. The rest of breakfast was spent in comfortable silence, both boys too focused on the food before them to put up any type of conversation. 

 

School, in particular, was something Jungkook wasn't the best at. It's not like he didn't try, he just didn't try hard enough. If there was one thing Jungkook was, it was lazy. He was most certainly the laziest person he knew. Not only was he lazy, but he procrastinated more than your average high schooler should; So when his English teacher confronted him at lunch about the book report that had been due the day before yesterday, he caught himself stuttering to try and make up an excuse right on the spot, which sadly didn't come to him, his mind focused on other things. He was startled by the feeling of someone stepping close to stand next to him, turning his head to see Jin, a smile against the boy's lips.

"You see, teacher, he had sent it to me to print it out but I had no ink." Jin frowned, Jungkook's brows raised as he watched him, soon feeling the elder elbow him as a signal for him to go along with it. He nodded and looked the teacher in the eye, not looking away as a way to not seem insecure or doubtful. At any other given time, this particular teacher would've scolded both Jin and Jungkook. Jin, for getting in between the two without being called for or even mentioned, and Jungkook for not telling him in advance that he had these troubles, yet he only smiled and said to turn it in when Jungkook had the time. Jungkook knew two things, that his professor took a liking to Jin, and that Jin knew it very well and used this to his advantage. What he didn't get was why Jin decided to help him out once again.

"You really should write that report, he'll have your if you don't." Jin turned to look at the younger once the professor had walked away. Jungkook just watched him with curious eyes, nodding slowly before he noticed Jin stick his hand out, one hand still holding onto his lunch tray. "Seokjin." He introduced himself by his full name. Jungkook didn't understand any of this. He didn't know why Seokjin was being nice to him, not only from saving him last night to even covering for him in front of one of the strictest teachers. He did the same, taking Seokjin's hand into his own and giving him a somewhat firm handshake.

"Jungkook." He mumbled softly, nodding slowly and still keeping his eyes on the elder, he then looked down at his food tray, not really knowing what to say. It was clear Jin had taken him off guard since last night. "Thank you, you know, for that." He glanced up at the higher classman through his lashes, seeing him shake his head and smile wider. 

"No need to thank me, that's alright." He nodded, shaking the gratitude off. Jungkook looked back up at him, curiosity pooling within his brown eyes. Clearly, there was many things he didn't know, and Jin was just another one of those mysteries. Why was he helping him out? Was it only because he was friends with Namjoon and Namjoon was nice to Jungkook? All these questions swam within his mind and he was going to ask one of them when he heard the obnoxious voice behind him.

"Jeon Jungkook! Hurry the up!" Taehyung shouted, most people in the cafeteria either turning to look at him or turning to look at Jungkook. He sighed and ran a hand over his face, turning a bit to look over at his best friend, and to his surprise, see him sitting at a table with Namjoon, both of them looking back at Jin and Jungkook with the same surprised facial, not expecting to see them speaking to one another.

"Let's go." Jin smiled happily and nudged Jungkook to walk towards the table, him taking a seat next to Namjoon while Jungkook hesitated a bit. He didn't want trouble, and seniors always came with trouble. Have it be drama related or literal illegal trouble. Jungkook wanted nothing to do with it; but nonetheless, there he was, going to sit and have lunch with them anyway. 

"So I see you've met Jin." Namjoon spoke with a smile, glancing over at his best friend who held up a peace sign at the two youngers while chewing on a piece of bread. Jungkook nodded and grinned a bit, not one to talk much in the first place. He took a sip from his carton of milk, running a hand through his hair as he did so.

"I'm Taehyung." The boy smiled brightly before taking a bite of his sandwich. Seokjin replied with a muffled 'Nice to meet you' as his mouth was also full of food. Jungkook saw the similarity between Seokjin and Taehyung. They both seemed way too happy all the time and were both equally as messy. Namjoon only laughed and picked at his food, not seeming to have an appetite or just not liking the meal in general.

"You guys wanna do something?" Namjoon offered after a moment of silence. Warning bells were already sounding in Jungkook's head, he didn't like the way Namjoon phrased that question, it practically shouted trouble. The three other's at the table looked up at him with the same question in their eyes, looking around one another before back at Namjoon.

"Do what?" Seokjin asked the obvious question at the table. Namjoon grinned a bit and shrugged before leaning close to  the table. The other three did the same, not really knowing why they had to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter