Chapter Three

Water In My Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I freaking knew you were gay." Taehyung admitted, mouth agape as he looked from Jungkook, who was still currently sprawled across the floor, back to the small boy who stared back at him with wide, curious eyes, completely unfased by any of this. Jungkook stood up from the floor and ran a hand through his wet hair.

"Taehyung, I'm not-" He began to say, moving closer to his best friend who only gasped loudly, sounding jokingly but Jungkook knew his best friend was just being over dramatic as always. Taehyung moved closer to the boy swinging his feet, a small smile forming against the pink-haired male's soft features.

"Jeon Jungkook, don't deny it in front of him! How rude and disrespectful! Where are your morals? Just because you're gay doesn't mean you have to be an a-hole!" Taehyung ranted quite loudly. Namjoon and Seokjin raised their brows at one another, being able to hear the conversation going on on the floor above them. An amused smirk began to form against Namjoon's lips, Seokjin only laughing and playfully rolling his eyes. Namjoon motioned for the other to follow him, beginning to move up the stairs and towards the only bedroom who's door was open: Jungkook's.

"Taehyung, I'm not ing gay!" Jungkook groaned out, going over and shaking the elder by the shoulders, staring him dead in the eye. "I don't even know this guy!" He was more than frustrated. This boy had brought him the most trouble and stress that he ever had in his entire life! Taehyung and Jungkook both turned their heads at the sound of footsteps, only to see Namjoon and Seokjin standing at the doorway, smiles against lips and eyes bouncing against the other three in the room. 

"Care to explain?" Seokjin asked, amusement laced around, not only his features, but the very words that left his lips. Namjoon cracked a small chuckle, slowly making his way further into the bedroom, having a seat on Jungkook's floor, Seokjin following soon after. They both sat criss crossed, shining eyes staring up at the show before them; Jungkook gripping onto Taehyung's shoulders, Taehyung scowling at the younger for being, 'gay and rude', and an unknown pink-haired boy smiling happily at everything around him.

"Yeah, care to explain?" Jungkook questioned, pushing Taehyung to the side and crossing his arms over his chest, tilting his head to the side as he watched the other boy. Taehyung, along with the other two in the bedroom looked at the pink-haired boy, who only looked back at them with the same oblivious grin against his equally as pink lips.

 

Nobody could believe the words that had come from the small boy, them going through one ear and out the other. They all looked around at each other, the same clueless expression against all their faces as they continued to listen on to the boy who just spoke as if this were the most normal thing on earth.

"Wait, wait," Taehyung began from where he currently sat, leaning against the bedroom wall, pillow hugged close against his chest, trying to contemplate and process everything the other spoke. "Please, recap." He pleaded, shaking his head in trying to work out his thoughts. Everyone silently thanked the loud boy for speaking up, them not still sure if their ears deceived them and they were actually going insane. The smallest boy in the room only smiled and nodded enthusiastically, taking a deep breath before once again reciting his story.

"My name is Ximeno." He nodded, looking at each boy sitting on the ground before him to make sure they all understood so far. "I come from the East Sea. My pod are the Okeanós." Seokjin held up a hand to ask the boy who went by Ximeno a question.

"What's a pod?" He asked quietly, soon bringing the hand he held up to run through his hair, over his lips in thought. All of this was just too much to take in. Ximeno chuckled softly and tilted his head, his eyes shutting as if he were daydreaming and seeing his 'pod' before him.

"A pod is from where you are born. The first thing you know, and the last you see. They are your brothers and sisters." He spoke in a dream-like tone, his smile only growing wider before he continued to speak. "There are thousands of pods, the Aecors, the Unas, the Ebbas, among thousand others." He nodded, opening his eyes back up to glance around the room, the faces masking those of awe, curiosity, shock and slight bewilderment. "In sea years, I am seventeen sals old, which is equivalent to," He scrunched his nose and furrowed his brows in complete and utter concentration. "one hundred eight land years." Everyone seemed to go weak at that and if Jungkook was standing, he'd have fallen to the ground by now.

"He's lived my life six times!" Namjoon exclaimed in utter shock. Usually the three other boys would've laughed, or at least smiled at the elder's comment but not even Taehyung, the loud, extroverted big mouth, could speak a  word. Jungkook gulped and nibbled against his bottom lip, eyes staring at the ground before him, his head spinning and his  heart sunken to the pit of his stomach. 

"How," Jungkook began to speak, slowly raising his gaze to meet Ximeno's eyes, his confused and bewildered while the other's stayed bright and happy. "How did you get legs?" It was something Jungkook knew everyone wanted to know. How exactly did the boy not have a tail in this moment? How was he actually here? The question lingered in the air for a moment before being answered truthfully.

"I am not sure how this happened." He nodded, beginning to fiddle with his thumbs, looking down at his legs in pure wonder. "The last I remember is being afloat on the white caps, wishing I could be like the boy I saw," He cut himself off, looking up at Jungkook with curious eyes. "What is your name?" He asked, tilting his head in question.

"J-Jungkook. It's Jungkook." He answered, bringing a hand up to rub the back of his neck, hating the fact that he stuttered due to being caught off guard by the question asked. Taehyung grinned a bit at the other and looked back at Ximeno, becoming somewhat comfortable with this whole thing.

"I'm Taehyung." He stuck a hand out for the boy to shake. He only stared at it obliviously, expression neutral yet eyes pooling with cluelessness. Taehyung hummed a bit, forgetting the fact that the boy before him had no idea how the world up here worked. He leaned forward and took Ximeno's wrist pulling his hand closer and taking it softly within his own before giving it a handshake. "This is how humans say hello." Taehyung smiled encouragingly. The human-turned boy let out a small 'ah' sound as he understood now, slowly turning his body to Seokjin and carefully holding the same hand Taehyung had shook out to him, which he took happily.

"My name's Seokjin." He spoke, letting the warm aura he always had around him radiate not only to Ximeno but to everyone else, his voice soothing and reassuring. The smaller boy nodded and retracted his hand, only to then outstretch it one more time to the still shocked over the age part, Namjoon. Namjoon slowly took his hand, giving it a small but firm handshake before letting it go, seeing as the other boy looked down at his own hand and smiled brightly.

"Namjoon." He stated, quick and clear. All eyes were on Ximeno, him laughing under his breath as he swung his legs a bit more, completely emerged and fascinated by them and everything else on land. 

"You all are called weird things," He chuckled which sounded more like a giggle if anything. He looked up from his swinging legs and looked down at each one while reciting their names. "Taehyung, Jungkook, Seokjin, Namjoon." He hummed happily and rested his head on his own shoulder, leaning back and letting his hands support his upper body weight.

"They're human names." Seokjin stated matter-of-factly, giving a small nod before bringing his tongue to flick against his lips in thought. "Why don't we give you a human name? You are currently human after all." He brought a hand to point down to the boy's legs, noticing a small Band-Aid where his knee was now situated. The other sat up instantly, clapping his hands excitedly with a smile. 

"I would love a human name! I've always wanted one, and who else to give better human names than actual humans?!" He spoke enthusiastically. Namjoon couldn't help but chuckle at the boy's innocence, finding it not only amusing, but cute as well. Taehyung only did the same and Jungkook was too engrossed in his own existential crisis to pay much mind to it. 

"How about," Jungkook spoke up and  thought for a moment after everyone was spending some time thinking it over, hugging his knees close to his chest. After a bit, he looked back up at the expecting boy.  "Well, Jimin sounds like Ximeno, so how about it?" He tilted his head a bit, quickly inputting, "Not that I care or anything but, you know." He nibbled against his lips once again as he noticed the small boy looking at just him, smiling brighter than before, nodding happily and bouncing in place, which was currently still Jungkook's bed. 

"I am Jimin, nice to meet you!" He explained happily, laughing softly once the other three cheered him on and clapped for him achieving a human name, although still quite shell shocked and a bit flustered , Jungkook managed to smile a bit and also clap for him. Once the mood had calmed down, silence ensued. The other four watching Jimin as he only watched his surroundings, hand playing with the rays of the setting sun coming from the open window, his eyes focusing on the ocean he saw from not too far. After more minutes like this, Namjoon's voice sounded against the silence, a small grin against his lips and an unknown glint in his eye.

"Well, Jimin, would you like to see the world?" He questioned, not caring to look at the other three who looked at him in complete confusion. Jimin nodded happily and begged to do so, his curiosity getting the best of him as he wanted to know everything about land and those who habit it. "Let's take him to the pier."  Namjoon offered, looking back at the other three. Seokjin's smile couldn't be hidden, laughing a bit and looking back at Taehyung and Jungkook with hopeful eyes. Jungkook sighed, this was just what he was talking about. All seniors ever wanted to do was get drunk, get high and party, and that's all the pier was. Imagine hundreds of people meeting up on a boardwalk, drinking until they were throwing up in every street gutter they could find, loud music, pushing, shoving, sweaty bodies grinding against each other. Jungkook just wasn't a big fan of it; but Jimin was too excited for Jungkook to back out now and before he knew it, he was already in the back of Seokjin's truck, in the middle of Taehyung and Jimin who were bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter