Chapter Five

Water In My Soul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The bell sounded through each and every hall within school grounds, signaling the six would be late if they didn't pick up their pace; but with three total hung over teens, one half hung over, and a mermaid who wanted to touch and talk to everyone, things were looking  quite difficult for Jungkook. Jungkook sighed and pulled open the front doors, eyes scanning over the faces that were all too familiar yet stranger. There were people Jungkook talked to, of course, but he was more of a loner, only stuck to the same, small group of friends he always hung around with. Namjoon groaned lowly as the halls were cluttered, people pushing one another to get to their classes on time. He wrapped an arm around Seokjin's shoulders and with a silent peace sign towards the group, the two, tall, seniors disappeared within the crowd, Hoseok soon trailing behind them.

"What's your first period?" Taehyung questioned once the three were alone, watching as Jimin stared happily at everyone, eyes bright and curious. Jungkook glanced from the curious boy back to his best friend, facial neutral as he didn't want to draw any attention to himself or the happy boy beside him. 

"I have English." He spoke as he tugged against the sleeve of Jimin's shirt, trying to get him to move with them as they began their walk towards the classroom halls. Some students stared at Jimin with bewildered looks on their faces. Although the school was quite big and filled with at least a thousand or more students, everyone knew each other's faces. They had all seen each other at least once in their life, so to see a new face so late into the enrolling date was quite a surprise. They walked before Taehyung grinned a bit, a shine in his eyes.

"I have History." He nodded, glancing back at the other two once they had reached the door to the History classroom.  "Basically another hour of rest, so I'll catch you later, love birds." He winked teasingly before turning into the classroom. Jungkook rolled his eyes before chuckling at his best friend being scolded by the strict teacher, glad that his first period was much more chill than that. Jungkook turned around, expecting the head of pink hair to be staring back up at him, yet finding nothing but an empty hallway. He whipped his head around to look down both ends of the hallway, eyes widening. "Jimin?" He called out, sighing when the only thing heard was the sound of his echoing voice. "God damn it!" He groaned as he began to jog through the hallway, now on a hunt for the other, trouble making boy.

Jungkook could not believe how many times this boy had slipped from his sight, he truly was like a little kid. He had to keep him occupied or else he would end up getting distracted by literally anything else. In the frenzy of Jungkook trying to find Jimin within the long, never ending hallways, the sound of a whistle blowing echoed through the hall, seizing Jungkook from any further movement. He cussed under his breath as he slowly his heel, facing the hall monitor, famous for sending students to the office for the stupidest reasons. He motioned for Jungkook to come closer, and as he did, Exhaling with each step.

"Any reason you're not in class?" He questioned in a stern voice, tilting his head and eyeing Jungkook carefully. Jungkook ran a hand over his face as he shifted his weight against both feet. He didn't know if he should've asked for Jimin, he didn't want to get in any more trouble, or get Jimin caught for that matter. He also couldn't say he was lost, he had been going to the same school for two years, he had to make an excuse and make one quickly. His eyes shifted to the office door and back to the nosy boy before him, straightening his back to seem much more confident in his next words.

"I was asked to get something in the office." Jungkook nodded, grateful that his voice didn't crack or waver. The hall monitor turned his head to look over at the office door, not buying it for one second but deciding on just not bringing it up. He pointed down the hall back to where most of the classrooms were located, eyes still on Jungkook.

"Get back to class, I'll deal with office work." He nodded with a neutral, stern facial. Jungkook opened his mouth to protest but was quick to not as the boy before him raised his brows in question, and Jungkook knew better than to put up a fight with this kid, it was an impossible victory. He sighed and his heel, knowing very well the hall monitor would be watching him until he saw him enter the classroom. He had to get out again, he had to find Jimin before he, himself got caught. 

The pink haired boy walked slowly through the hallway, eyes wide and bright. He had never seen anything like this building, covered in colorful flyers and banners of school spirit. His attention was broken by an open door, his curiosity getting the best of him. He heard the voice of a man, elderly and calm. He slowly shuffled into the classroom, sticking out like a sore thumb with his pink hair and lack of any school supplies. He was quick to catch the attention of everyone, especially a specific  boy towards the back of the classroom. The teacher stopped his lesson to face the smiling, wandering boy, a smile against his own lips.

"Hello, are you new?" He questioned, pushing the glasses on his nose a bit higher to get a good look at Jimin. Jimin only looked at him and nodded, unsure of what that question actually meant. Jimin's eyes scanned over the teacher's face, noticing him to be much elderly than anyone he had seen, yet he held a kind aura, Jimin felt like he could trust him.  "Please state your name and where you come from to the class, and then you can quickly take a seat by," He paused, eyes scanning over the room before holding a hand out to point towards to a table in the back. "Next to Yoongi over there." He smiled and watched Yoongi's face for a sign of approval; But the boy was in too much surprise to express himself.

Yoongi stood around with a couple friends, much older than him. He held onto his own cup of alcohol, facial neutral and eyes bored and unamused. It's not like he didn't like being here, he had just been here so many times that this place had become quite monotonous. 


"Has anyone seen a mermaid boy?!" He heard a voice scream over the mic at the pub he currently stood in front of. It wasn't a complete night out until a drunk person did something ridiculous, and this was just another on of those things that managed to amuse Yoongi. He turned his attention to the group at the mic, the corner of his lips forming into a slight half smirk of entertainment. That which didn't last long being that someone had bumped into him, causing him to spill the cup he had all over his friend, who was honestly too drunk to care. He turned around, eyes narrowed only to catch a glimpse of the tear stained face of the looked for pink-haired boy. He would've said something, called out to him, but this really was none of his business and he truly could not be bothered. He only shrugged and called it a night, slowly disappearing into the crowd and leaving his drunken friends without a word.

Jimin only stared back at Yoongi, except his facial was one of oblivion. Yoongi thought this impossible, what were the odds that he would see that boy again, especially in his chemistry class? Jimin nodded and held a hand out to wave before speaking. "My name is Jimin and I am from the ocean!" He called cheerfully before making his way over to where Yoongi sat. The entire classroom only stared at him dumbfoundly, not understanding what he meant by the ocean. Yoongi's eyes followed Jimin's every move, though he kept his expression neutral, as usual, he couldn't help the weird feeling in his gut. Something was definitely different with this kid and maybe his friend's drunken slurs had something to do with it. What or who exactly was this guy? The teacher before the class decided to not question any of the words said and continue on with the lesson after speaking, "Jimin, be sure to stop by the office after this class, it's at the end of this hall to the right and all the way straight." He smiled kindly, the rest of the students slowly losing interest in the pink-haired curiosity sitting beside Yoongi. Yoongi shook of the feeling of wonder and decided on keeping up with the lesson, slowly pouring the powder into the blue liquid as told and writing down any observations. Chemistry, rather any type of science in general, was Yoongi's forte, it was what he was always most interested in and good at. Nothing could take him out of his element once he was in full concentration mode, nothing but a small hand of curious fingers poking against everything on the table.

"Can you not-" Yoongi snapped at the other. He wasn't much of a socializer, specifically the reason why  he didn't have a partner in this class. He didn't want nor need one, he was perfectly capable on his own.  Jimin interrupted him by smiling widely, tilting his head to the side. Yoongi found himself shutting up. He didn't know why, but Jimin's positivity and innocence seemed to annoy him. He didn't like it one bit. "Keep your hands to yourself." He grumbled, turning back to the lesson in front him, only to then see he had no idea what was going on. He sighed and ran a hand over his face, shutting his eyes for a moment before opening them back up, noticing the experiment before him missing. He looked to the side and noticed Jimin mixing a bunch of things together, his eyes widening at what he was to do next. "No, don't add that, it'll-!" He was interrupted by a loud bang, the table and some of the floor being covered in dark blue liquid. Jimin's mouth formed a small 'o' shape as he slowly turned his head to face Yoongi, eyes wide and apologetic. 

"I am sorry. I did not know." He tried to defend himself. Yoongi pinched the bridge of his nose as he exhaled, trying to calm himself down as to not snap at the other, but he really was testing his patience, not that he had that much to begin with. The bell rang, luckily for Jimin, all the students picking up and leaving. Jimin hurried out along, following the teacher's orders of going to the office. Yoongi sighed and packed his notebook away, grabbing a paper towel and beginning to clean the mess the other had made.

"Rough night, Yoongi?" The teacher questioned, moving closer to help the other clean up the mess. It wasn't usual for Yoongi to fail a lesson, especially in this class. He might've looked rebellious and easy going, but he did give school and his grades much importance. Yoongi only shook him off, pulling on a tight smile before continuing to clean. "How are things at home?" The question drifted into the air after a moment of silence. Yoongi tossed the dripping paper towel into the trash and grabbed another one, bending down to the ground with a sigh, beginning to clean the left over mess.

"As great as ever." He nodded, over his lips. Once again, there was a moment of silence. The class began to fill once again with next period students, Yoongi standing up and looking at the liquid still left to be clean. He would've stayed, but if he did, he would be at least ten minutes late to his next period.

"Go. I'll take care of the rest." The elderly teacher spoke, a small smile against his lips. Yoongi hesitated yet nodded, hurrying his way out of the classroom. He was very grateful for his Chemistry teacher, he had always helped him when things got rough, and things were definitely rough.


Tap, tap, tap. Jungkook tapped his eraser anxiously, eyes looking to the open classroom door for what seemed like every five seconds, hoping he would see the bundle of pink wandering around. This was really no good, there was trouble everywhere, not only with hall monitors or teachers, but even students and knowing Jimin he would most likely stick his nose in everyone and anyone's business. The vibration in his pocket made him jump in his seat, making sure he didn't have anyone's attention before pulling his phone out. His eyes scanned over the group chat he had made with the others, telling them what had happened. There were replies of equal amount of confusion and slight panic and the occasional scold asking how it was possible to have let Jimin wander off. Jungkook was about to type up his defense when the principal's voice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter