Sleeping Beauty NO MORE

Fateful Catastrophe
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong pressed the answer button with hands trembling, "Doctor Kim?", uneasiness evident on his tone.

Hearing who's on the other line, Kiko gulped and immediately slumped back on her seat, controlling not to show her anxiousness. Jiyong didn't notice it for a lot of things are running in his mind –Did she finally give up? Did hyung take him?. He never felt this concerned and nervous for a long time.

"Mr. Kwon, please be here as soon as possible." the doctor's voice slashed his thoughts but he couldn't say a word and ask him for the reason, he's afraid of what he might hear.  

Just several days ago, he received a call from her parents telling him to just give up on her and set her free. He doesn't want to hear the same words twice. He even asked her dad to give him a little more time to decide ...and now.. the doctor is asking his presence urgently in the hospital which makes him think of the worst thing possible -- Death. 

"Mr. Kwon?" calls Doctor Kim when he heard nothing but silence.

"Ye.. Yes. I'm on my way." the straightforward Kwon Jiyong stuttered. His knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel   before hitting the clutch. 
 

"I will drop you by the bus stop, just take a cab to your apartment." He coldly commanded Kiko with his eyes focused on the road, completely forgetting the argument.

"No!" Kiko protested in a half-screamed voice. "I mean, let's just go to the hospital.. it might be urgent." She reasoned out and held tight on her seat when the speedometer reached its maximum.
 

The couple reached the hospital in no time. Jiyong rushed to the elevator, headed directly to the 7th floor where the room is located, with Kiko following him in a half-walking-half-running pace. She tried calling her boyfriend several times to stop him from walking too fast but he seems unmindful of her presence.

T

Please log in to read the full chapter