004

Lethal Pair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-  -  -  chapter 004

"You mean he's not here today?" 

"No, he didn't call in sick, neither did he inform us he wasn't coming." 

"Oh. That's alright then." I thanked the receptionist and head back toward the benches where Yoongi was waiting. 

His arms were rested on his knees, one foot tapping on the cement to a silent melody. As I approached, he looked up. "That was quick." 

"He didn't come to school today. He hasn't reported in or anything either." 

"Hm. I was afraid this would happen." He stood up abruptly.

"Let's try his house. Do you have his address?"  I suggested. Yoongi nodded and we walked back to his car in silence. He was on his phone, I assumed on Google Maps or something as he was zooming in and out, his eyes slightly squinted as he concentrated on the tiny screen. 

We didn't speak much - mostly because I didn't know what to say to him. He seemed so distant, and I was afraid of the awkwardness that may ensue if I tried starting a conversation where he wasn't even mildly interested. 

When we got to Jang Yun Seok's house, I made sure my knife was safely strapped to my back (as usual) before heading up to the front door and giving it a light knock. Yoongi remained in the car. 

There was no answer. I turned back toward the car and signalled to Yoongi of Jang Yun Seok's absence. He motioned for me to come back in to the car. 

As I entered, he spoke. "I'll wait here till dusk, see if he comes back. You can go back to school if you'd like." 

I glanced at my watch. There was only 45 minutes left of my lecture, going back now would be pointless. "It's fine. My class is almost over." 

I put my backpack on my lap and nestled into the seat, finding a comfortable position. Yoongi leaned forward to turn on the radio, it was tuned down to a low volume, just enough to fill up the silence in the car. 

We stayed like that for maybe 15 minutes? Suddenly, Yoongi spoke. "What are you majoring in, Jae Hee?" 

"Oh. Marketing. I suppose you are too?" He nodded. 

"Yoo Ki Nam is your uncle? How did he get you to join him?" 

"Well.. Um.. It's kind of complicated." He didn't pressure the subject. 

"What about you?"

"Well.. It just happened." He shrugged - he didn't want to talk about it either. 

"Mm." Our conversation kind of died right there. He didn't seem to have much more to ask. After stretch of silence, I glanced at him. He had fell asleep - arms crossed infront of his chest, his head leaned against the headrest. I concluded that his face wasn't pale, he just had white, milky skin that many girls would die for (including me). The sharpness of his facial features and the tinge of auburn in his messy hair was enhanced and illuminated by the evening sunlight streaming into the car. 

I don't think he slept last night. Even if he did, he wouldn't have gotten any more than I had. I turned away from him to stare out at the front door. The scene had not changed. The faded white door remained closed, the street remained empty. There was no sign of movement behind the windows of the house either.

A beep from Yoongi's mobile phone startled me and woke him up.

"Oh .. How long did I sleep?" 

"About an hour or so." He picked up his phone and read the message. Immediately after, he put the phone in my hands, the car into drive and sped off. 

 

From: Namjoon|
Jang Yun Seok sighted. He's held hostage. Forwarding you the address. Be careful. 

 

"That was Namjoon. I'm not sure how he got the information and how accurate it is but it's the only thing we've got right now." 

I gave him directions as he raced through the streets of Seoul. The address had led us to a desolate canal off the main highway. 

He parked the car further away from the canal to prevent it from being seen. I had made sure my knife was strapped to my back once again and held my gun in my hand. 

Yoongi's magnum was in his hand as well. He was checking his magazine to ensure he had enough ammunition. He actually looked pretty suave with the gun in his hand. His black hair was slightly tousled (like it was the first time I saw him), and his face was still as white as ever. Hell, he was fairer than me. 

"So what's the plan?" He asked. I had expected him to already have one planned out. 

"Let's just wing it." I told him honestly. That's what I usually did. 

"Great. I like your style." He smirked.

We got out of the car and shut the door quietly. Yoongi walked over to my side and motioned for me to follow him. I nodded and followed behind him, my gun already in my hand, safety off. The gravel cracked below the soles of my sneakers as we took cautious steps towards the canal, not wanting to make any loud noises that would give away our presence. As w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter