003

Lethal Pair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-  -  -  chapter 003

Unk and Aunt Mi Kyung weren't at the headquarters when I got back. I dropped them a message briefly mentioning my conversation with Jang Yun Seok and how he'd been chased away from the bar by the lackeys. I wasn't able to catch up with them, they had surprisingly managed to cover a good distance while I was distracted by the strange pale boy. Unk replied almost instantly, ignoring my report and telling me to head down to another address where he'd be waiting for me. 

It took me only twenty minutes to get to the address - there wasn't any traffic on the road at this time of the night. Before I alighted my car, I pat my lower back where my pocket knife was safely strapped to my waist. Just in case. For extra precaution, I took my gun out from under the seat and shoved it next to my knife - though the bulge in my top would make it obvious that I was carrying a firearm, I'd rather be safe than sorry. 

The address Unk gave me was to a small office building, just three storeys high. It might've been the eerie atmosphere and the lack of movement and illuminant that made me draw my knife as I approached the double glass doors slowly. I could see through them to the elevator which was at level three. As I re-focused and fixated my attention on the glass doors instead of the elevator, I noticed a figure standing behind me. 

Within a second, my knife was poking the stomach of the unfamiliar person behind me. And within the next, my weapon was knocked out of my hands and I had another knife pointed dangerously close to my throat. A clattering sound echoed through the streets as the knife fell to the ground.

"Watch it." The pale boy muttered under his breath and withdrew his weapon, sheathing it and slipping it into his back pocket. As soon as he let his guard down, I hooked my ankle around his and jerked as hard as I could. As he fell on his back, I already had my gun in my hand with the muzzle pointed at his head. But, so did he. His pistol was mirroring mine, pointing right at my chest. I wondered how fast must his reaction have been to be able to grab his magnum as he fell.

"Are you following me?" I looked at the boy straight in the eyes. 

"No I'm not. But if you point that gun away from me, I'll point mine away from you, and then we could go in and I could explain." 

"Fat chance."

"Jae. Put the gun down."

"Yoongi. Put the gun down." Two voices sounded from behind me, one I recognised immediately as my uncle. Neither of us flinched - our guns were still as steady as ever, pointed at each other. A male passed by me and with both hands, pushed both our guns down to face the cement.

"Jae, he's not an enemy." Unk's voice was closer this time. The boy and my gaze never wavered, not until my uncle personally stepped in between us and faced me. 

"Jae, I'll explain if you come in with us." I nodded. I heard the boy get up from the ground, and the soft scraping noise when he picked up my knife from the ground. Instead of returning it to me, he simply slipped it into his pocket as he passed me. The male that had put our guns down followed closely behind. His chubby frame was familiar, but I couldn't put a finger as to where I had seen him before. 

My uncle signalled for me to follow and I complied without a word. If my uncle was willing to turn his back against these people, they should be trustworthy enough. For now. 

We took the elevator to th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter