002

Lethal Pair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
-  -  -  chapter 002 
 

"So before I see you for our next lecture, I'd like you to do some readings. The names of the books and pages are on the student portal as I showed you just now. Please do your readings so you won't come to class looking clueless. Thank you." The lecturer switched off his microphone and started gathering his things. Students around me began to keep their notebooks and pens and filtered out of the class slowly. I took my time, not wanting to squeeze in with the hundred over students trying to get out as soon as possible. 

I looked around forward, watching as the lecturer packed his laptop into his bag and turned to look at a student who approached him. Wait. That guy seemed familiar. 

Black tousled hair, pale white face, black hoodie. He was holding onto a writing pad and pointing to it as he spoke to the lecturer. The lecturer animatedly answered his queries, flailing his hands all around as he explained the theory he was going through before. 

Just as I managed to put a finger on where I had seen him before, he glanced up towards the seats and stared straight at me. Immediately, I swung my backpack onto my shoulder and left the lecture hall. He didn't need to recognise me. I'd be better off keeping a low profile in school. 

The exhaustion from the two nights where I had to do Aunt Mi Kyung's bidding were taking a toll on my body as I dragged my body to my remaining lectures for the day. Occasionally, I'd catch a glimpse of that same boy I had seen that morning - black hair, pale face, black hoodie. But no sign of his tall friend. I ignored his presence - the club was probably a usual haunt for his friend and himself and it was just a coincidence I saw him there. He didn't take much notice of me either - sure, once or twice our eyes would meet but there was no flicker of recognition on his face. 

After class, I headed back home and found Unk sitting on the couch using his phone. 

"Unk.. I'm home." 

"Oh Jae.. I just got back not too long ago. How was school?" He smiled and pat the seat next to him. I threw my bag on the floor and plopped down next to him, letting my entire body slouch into the seat. 

"It was okay.. I'm just really tired though. Aunt Mi Kyung made me tail someone last night." 

"Aish. I told her not to." He scratched his head. "That woman never listens." 

I scoffed. Though Unk was the oldest of the trio of siblings, Aunt Mi Kyung never respected him as an elder brother. She did what she wanted and how she wanted them done, even though it was Unk who took her in after her previous husband threw her out. My grandparents insisted she come stay with them, but she resisted and the only way my grandparents would let her off is if she followed Unk. Which meant I was stuck with her too. 

"You'd better go get some rest, Jae. You have a little over two hours to get a quick power nap. I'll need you tonight. Don't worry, I won't let it run too late." 

"Mm. Just wake me up thirty minutes before we needa go?" He nodded. I trudged up the stairs and flopped onto my bed as soon as I reached it. I was out in seconds. 

-  -  -  -  - 

"Name: Unknown. Affliates: Unknown. Specialty: Drugs and child ion. You all know I don't dabble in other's people's business unless.. they have anything to do with the youth of this country. And in this case, not only does he kidnap and turn young girls into es and slaves, he purposefully sells drugs to teenagers and makes them do his dirty work. He doesn't sell to anyone except teenagers - because they are the easiest to convince. Give them a hundred grams and they'll do anything you ask of them." 

"Is he the one Aunt Mi Kyung has me tailing?" 

"Yes, he's the one. But he's had such a low profile it's hard to get anything on him. When you tailed him yesterday, did you manage to see his face?" Aunt Mi Kyung cut in. 

"There were two alphas. I saw one of them. The chubbier looking one. The other male had his face obscured by a mask of some kind. I told you this last night." She had to bite back a retort when Unk spoke. 

"I see you must've seen my old friend, Si Hyuk. He has his hands deeper into this case than I have - he was the one that called me up to tell me about it." 

"Uncle Si Hyuk? You've mentioned him. You were high school classmates, weren't you?" Unk nodded. "He was supposed to come by today to meet you too - we'll be working together to rid Seoul of this bunch." 

"So what do you need me to do?"

"Aunt Mi Kyung is has already tapped on her sources for information, maybe she can enlighten us on what an appropriate course of action." He nodded at his younger sibli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter