-2 Parte

In Dreams, Where I See You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Why do you think the sky is blue, hyung?”

 

Chanwoo asks him with his usual jubilant voice, a melody that Hanbin yearns to hear. He tilts his head to the right for his eyes to see fully the younger one. There he is, lying next to him on the brown harden floor of their practice room. Yet strangely, it doesn’t give off the similar vibe during their time at practice. The room is not hot nor clamped with smell of sweats and odor, but it gives off a calm scent, as if someone has just cleaned up the entire room from nook to cranny without fail.

 

“Why is that?” He asks back, there is smile on his face yet he couldn’t hide the slight amusement at the younger’s vision. Like how can he talk about the sky when they are basically in the dungeon?

 

“Because it meant to be blue.” Hanbin let out a chuckle hearing that. Chanwoo is trying to be funny and bluffing again. He let his eyes travel back to the ceiling. Thye have their hands intertwined, both lying on their backs facing the ceiling after ….. Hanbin forgot what they had been doing there but he knows that he has been talking to Chanwoo earlier. On what it is, he can’t remember correctly.

 

It’s hard to remember things inside a dream.

 

“Just like me, I am meant to be in iKON.” Chanwoo mutters out, earning a full nod of agreement from Hanbin. “And you are meant to be the leader.”

 

“But us….” The words hung up like that, no continuation from the maknae. Wind howls loudly, Hanbin frowns harder in confusion. There aren’t any windows around here so how could there be winds coming in? He notices the silent from the maknae and when he looks to his side, Chanwoo is looking at him, his face holds no emotions but his eyes are swirling with thousands of glints that Hanbin doesn’t want to decipher. He has no idea why but Chanwoo’s smile next somehow makes his heart feels unease.

 

“We are not meant for each other.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

 

“His injury is severe. We cannot guarantee the patient’s safety after the surgery. He is too weak and we are running out of time. I’m so sorry mister.”

 

With that said, it comes clear on everything that happens. Chanwoo is dying and the others would have to accept it. All of them are standing at the hallway after something suddenly goes wrong with the maknae while Donghyuk and Hanbin are looking after him. Yunhyeong is crying in Jinhwan’s arms, Bobby is just standing there with a harden expression. June is surprisingly sobbing with Donghyuk holding him close. Possibly knowing that if he let go, June would run away to nowhere.

 

Hanbin is right in front of the ward room. He let his dark pupils follow the shape of the doctor’s face before him. The man is hesitating and in despair, Hanbin knows he’s a good doctor. He just wants his patient to be okay. But Chanwoo is not okay, and Hanbin has no idea how can things go on like this anymore.

 

“W—will he—” He hesitates too, throat getting dryer and palms sweating yet he has never feels so cold like this before.

 

The doctor doesn’t answer him. Hanbin realizes that he knows what he wants to say but can’t convey. He puts his hand on Hanbin’s slouched shoulder, with the utmost regret painted on his face he utters, “I am truly sorry for what’s happening.” He leaves, leaving the 6 men drowned in their sobs and agony.

 

 

 

 

“You said you won’t leave us.”

 

Chanwoo looks up from the ground. He looks at the dejected and despair looks on his hyung’s face, his most beloved and respected hyung. Hanbin is getting skinnier, his cheeks have sunken, and his lips so pale. Chanwoo can’t look any further at the suffering he has, but he is powerless, as he is also trapped. Inside the dream he can’t escape.

 

For none of them want to reach the exit. Because if one of them do…... Chanwoo refuses to think what’s going to happen to Hanbin if he decides to let loose now.

 

“I am not leaving yet, rememb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter