Crossing the line

Love Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

-

 Jaemin wasn’t scared of the ghost stories lurking around the camp. No. He faced more horrifying facts than ghost existing, like the fact that he’s a son of the beauty goddess, or the fact that he might not reach 20 before he dies because there are monsters after his and want him to be their meal.

 

 

Jaemin was more scared of Mr. D’s wrath, especially when the camp director hates seeing campers who are still not inside their cabins after 11 pm. And maybe he’s even more scared of his Irene-noona’s wrath too.

 

 

He’d be dead meat, he’s sure of that. One thing he knows about his sister is that she hates it when you make her worry. And Jaemin is sure getting lost in the forest in the middle of the night with little to no information where he was and how to get back is something that would make Irene cut his thumb.

 

 

Another thing that adds up to his problem is that he was defenseless. He didn’t bring his sword with him, with only a dagger in his hand and his natural charmspeak ability he wondered if he could stay alive until the morning comes. He knew he’s still inside the camp’s boarders, but circumstances happen and the forest is known for being full of monsters. Jaemin stayed put in the rock where Jeno left him, not daring to move somewhere. The darkness already filled the forest and the only source of light he had were the fireflies in that falls. If something happens, at least he would see his attacker.

 

 

He was hoping Jeno would grow some conscience and go back, to save him or at least, tell the others where he was. But Jaemin was sure that it’s already pass midnight and he’d been there for hours, Jeno was a hopeless case of pure evilness. His stomach was aching due to the fact that he last consumed food during lunch and nothing else after that.

 

 

Jaemin didn’t even have enough energy to get mad. He was angered yes, but acting up to it would just tire him more. He could deal with the older when he survives the night.

 

 

The brunette sat there calmly, his eyes darting from one area to another, his hearing sense being a hundred more sharp listening to his surroundings as he waited, counting the times he cursed himself for being an Aphrodite kid inside his mind. If only he was a son of any other God, he could’ve exited this forest already. He knew for a fact that the only special about his cabin is that they’re all beautiful, and a very few of them can charmspeak. Other than that, they’re labeled as the weaker demigods. Kids who only know makeups and fashion, kids who care more about keeping their nails free from dirt than winning capture the flag.

 

 

He can’t help but get offended sometimes. Is it their fault that they were born like that? Is it the Hephaestus cabin’s fault that they can bath with fire and not die? Is it the Demeter or Dionysus kids’ fault that they’re effective with plants? Why are Aphrodite kids getting handed with s? Jaemin would never understand the double standards in this camp.

 

 

Another sighed slipped out of his mouth. His lids were already heavy, threatening to close. He stood up from the hard rock and moved to the grassy land, laying there as he stared up only to see the moon and a few stars.

 

 

 

I just hope Mr. D is sober enough not to let it rain today. He though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter