Strike 2

Love Thief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jeno opened his eyes as sunlight hit his face. The curtains were drawn and and the window besides his bed was wide open that he could hear the chirping of the birds outside the cabin. 

 

He tried to move but a wave of pain from the side of his face prevented him from doing so. He cried in desperation, hands shooting towards his injured cheek. 

 

Moments after, his Taeyong hyung came in with a bowl of ice and a compression bag, chuckling as he watched his brother’s twisted expression. “That Aphrodite kid punched you hard huh? He’s too thin but I guess we shouldn’t judge base on appearance.” The older commented as he neared Jeno’s bed.

 

Jeno stared at him obliviously, he couldn’t understand what was Taeyong talking about. “What aphrodite kid hyung?”

 

Taeyong just shook his head and filled the compression bag with ice as he seated himself in a chair he recovered somewhere. “Did he hit you that much that you loss your memory? Or are you pretending that you don’t remember because it’s embarrassing?”

 

Then a series of memories flooded Jeno, reminding him of the commotion that happened last night. He could remember attending the Dionysus cabin’s party, wearing the freshly stolen sneakers, bumping unto the drunk Donghyuck, he could remember seeing Yukhei with a pretty aphrodite kid and…. 

 

Jeno looked at Taeyong with horror, now he knew why he was feeling like he got beaten up. The Aphrodite kid that was the owner of the sneakers he stole punched him last night. 

 

Taeyong laughed at Jeno’s face contorting as he placed the cold compress unto the younger’s cheek. Jeno hissed at the contact but he didn’t budge, letting his hyung tend to his bruise. 

 

“I can’t believe you passed out after he punched you. Your body is way leaner than him but he still managed to knock you out. You’re the talk of the whole camp Jeno.” Taeyong informed, eyes still forming crescents as he teased his brother. 

 

Jeno just let himself fall back unto his bed, his face turning beet red as he recalled the happenings last night. Taeyong was right when he said that the Aphrodite camper is thin. Looking at him, one could never guess that he could launch a punch strong enough to kill a cockroach. But he did, and Jeno isn’t just a cockroach. 

 

Jeno pulled his hair out of frustration. He doesn’t have a face to show anymore, literally and figuratively. He didn’t need to face a mirror to know that his cheek was sporting a huge bruise, and guessing from the pain it’s causing him, he knew it won’t heal soon. 

 

Jeno was busy thinking about his damaged reputation when a knock interrupted him. He waited as his hyung went to open the door, praying tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter