Forever

Slytherin To Your Heart

“One Brazil scarf, please,” the eleven-year-old asked. Her friend gave her a weird look.

“Brazil? But Bulgaria is our team, Yuyu,” Minkyung said, gesturing to her own red scarf.

Kyungwon looked down at the green scarf in her hand. Unwilling to admit that she had an unexplainable admiration for the color, she came up with an excuse.

“Well you know… my mom is from South Korea.....??,” Kyungwon gestured over to the Muggle woman, who seemed fascinated by everything going on.

“Juwon, look at that! Look at the short little dwarf!” Seoyun (Mama Kang) exclaimed. “Honey, they prefer the term goblin,” Juwon (Papa Kang) said, cheeks flushing. “Dwarves look nothing like them,”

Minkyung looked back at her friend. “I don’t see how South Korea and Brazil are related,” .....“Um,” Kyungwon felt herself start to sweat. “They both speak a similar language ,”......“No they don't Brazilians speak Portuguese-”

“Hey look! There’s your dad,” Yuyu grabbed Minky’s hand, dragging her towards their families.

“Ah, Brazil!” Mingyu (Papa Kim) exclaimed as the two girls walked up to them. “You’re the enemy!”

The Minister of Magic pretended to reach for his wand, about to draw. Kyungwon giggled.

“It’s not like I’m Voldemort,” the young girl said. The adults froze, while people walking by gasped, fear crossing their features.

“Kyungwon!” Juwon scolded.

“What?” Kyungwon asked, confused.
“Was that bad to say?”

“Voldemort,” Seoyun furrowed her brow. “That’s the guy with no nose, correct?”

Juwon gave his wife a disapproving look.
“If he had no nose, what did he do if he had to sneeze?” Seoyun asked.

A look of horror crossed Juwon’s face.

“He was the Dark Lord!”

“He would still need to sneeze,”

Minkyung tried not to laugh, earning a scowl from her father.

Kyungwon played with the ends of her green scarf. “You know, you won’t be able to wear that scarf once you are sorted into Gryffindor,” Minkyung's dad commented.

“Right, that’s the color of Slytherin,” Juwon nodded. “The enemy,”

“But what if Kyungwon is sorted into Slytherin?” Seoyun said. “Then she could wear it,”

The other adults laughed.
“My daughter… a Slytherin?” Juwon laughed. “That’s funny,”

“Why, Papa?” Kyungwon asked.
“My family is the longest line of Gryffindor students, you have to be in that house,”

Juwon patted his daughter on the shoulder. “You would be with Minky, too,”
“Yep!” the other girl said happily. “Me and you, Yuyu! Hogwarts wouldn’t know what hit them!”

“But isn’t the sorting based off of personality?” Seoyun asked.
“Yes, that is correct,” Mingyu nodded.
“And Gryffindors are suppose to be brave?” Seoyun continued.

“Of course, it’s one of our most distinguished traits!” Mingyu said.

Seoyun looked at her daughter, the girl who runs from her parent’s dog, the girl who, when taken to Muggle England, screamed at a portrait of Prince Charles out of fear.

“Are we sure Yuyu is the right fit for Gryffindor?” Seoyun scratched her head. “I don’t understand why this house thing is so important,”

“She’s going to be in Gryffindor,” Minkyung assured Seoyun. She clasped the other girl’s hand in her own. “Then we are going to be best friends forever,”
Kyungwon looked at Minkyung with wide eyes.

“Forever?” she asked.
Minkyung nodded and gave her a big smile.

“Forever,”

forever

~~

“Kang Kyungwon!”

Minkyung watched as her best friend walked up towards the stool, tripping over her robes. She heard some kids snicker.


“Shut up!” she hissed at them, making one yelp in fear.

She saw Kyungwon grip the edge of the seat nervously as the hat was dropped on her head.

Kyungwon screwed her eyes shut, moving her lips in a whisper.

Minkyung saw the hat jerk forward, as if to nod.

“SLYTHERIN!”

As the hat cried throughout the hall, Kyungwon’s eyes snapped open. She looked genuinely shocked.

Minkyung was frozen, eyes wide. Kyungwon.… a Slytherin?

She watched as Kyungwon nervously tiptoed over to the Slytherin table, where people were cheering. Kids from the other tables, however, were booing.

“Park Siyeon!”

Minkyung watched as a girl marched up to the chair. She sat down, a satisfied smirk on her face.

“SLYTHERIN!”

The girl pumped her fist in the air once this was announced. She happily skipped over to the table, sitting right next to Kyungwon.

“Hi,” the girl smiled. “I’m Siyeon,”
She watched as the other girl chewed her lip nervously.

“My name is Kyungwon,” she said quietly.
“Nice to meet you,” Siyeon said. “Why do you look so scared?”

“I’m not suppose to be in this house,” the girl murmured.

“Excuse me?”

“The hat,” Kyungwon sniffled. “I asked him to put me in Gryffindor,”

“Ew, that self righteous house? Why would you want to be in there?” Siyeon scrunched her nose in disgust.
“My father was a Gryffindor. The hat told me I didn’t belong.....,”

Kyungwon tearfully looked at the stage where Minkyung was about to sit on the chair.

“GRYFFINDOR!” the hat called out immediately.

That made the tears spill out of Kyungwon’s eyes.

Siyeon looked at the girl, unsure about what to do. “Is everything alright?” the girl from across the table asked.


“Wonton here is sad about not being in Gryffindor,” Siyeon told her.

“Why?” The girl furrowed her eyebrows. “They’re mean. Did you not hear them boo you when you got sorted into this house?”
“Exactly what I was trying to say!” Siyeon said, holding a fist for the other girl to bump it. She happily obliged.

“I’m Siyeon,”

“Nayoung,”

“This is Kyungwon,” Siyeon said, gesturing to the crying girl.

“Are you okay?” a boy asked, walking up behind Kyungwon. “Why are you crying?”
Kyungwon looked up at the boy, probably around sixteen, with silvery blonde hair and pale skin. The Prefect badge shone on his shirt proudly.

“She wanted to be in Gryffindor,” Nayoung explained. “Oh, Merlin,” the boy ran a hand through his hair. He knelt so he was eye-level to the crying 11-year-old,

“Listen to me,” the boy said calmly. “Gryffindors are mean people. They make it out that we are the mean people, but really it’s them. They are self-righteous bastards led by those arrogant Potter brothers,”

Kyungwon sniffed. “But, my father-”
“Blood has nothing to do with houses. Some people think it does, but I don’t believe that,” the boy said sweetly.

“Besides, we’re gonna kick their pretentious asses in Quidditch this year,”
Siyeon’s eyes widened. “You’re Scorpius Malfoy, the seeker,”

“Guilty,” the boy smirked. “Any of you ladies trying out for the Quidditch team?”
Kyungwon shook her head while Siyeon nodded enthusiastically.
“My mom used to play for the Holyhead Harpies,” Siyeon said proudly.

“What position?”

“Chaser,”

“And I am guessing you’re the same?”
“Yep,” Siyeon beamed. Scorpius chuckled.
“Well, I can assure you I will be looking out for you at tryouts. If you know how to fly, you’re already so much better than James Potter,” Kyungwon giggled at this. “There’s that smile!” Scorpius clapped. “My work here is done,”

“He seems nice,” Kyungwon commented, wiping her nose. She turned back to the girls at the table, where a feast was laid out. “I didn’t realize Gryffindors aren’t that liked,”

“Well, do you surround yourself with Gryffindors?” Nayoung asked.

“Uh… I guess,”

“That explains it,” Siyeon grumbled, taking a sip from her goblet. “Both my parents were Slytherins, but they wouldn’t care if I was like, Ravenclaw or something,”
“My mom was a Ravenclaw, my dad was a Hufflepuff,” Nayoung said. “But my Nonna was a Slytherin, she’s probably going to be ecstatic when she finds out about this,”


“My mom’s a Muggle,” Kyungwon muttered. Siyeon and Nayoung froze, food halfway to their mouths.

“Wait, you’re not a pureblood?” Nayoung asked, astonished.

“No,” Kyungwon chewed her lip nervously.
“That’s okay,” Siyeon said quickly. “It’s just… usually Slytherin’s have a thing for blood purity,”

“Well she’s a Kang,” Nayoung said. “Her father is advisor to Minister Kim and is one of the biggest families in the wizarding world. They’re basically the Gryffindor equivalent to the Malfoy’s,”

“Oh, wait, I knew that,” Siyeon hit herself on the head. “I’ve seen you at some ministry picnics before, you’re always hanging around that Minkyung girl,”

“That’s my best friend,” Kyungwon said sadly. “She probably hates me now since I’m a Slytherin,”

“Well, if she does then she’s an idiot,” Siyeon said. Kyungwon smiled a little.

Nayoung reached over and clasped Kyungwon’s hand.

“If she hates you because of your house, then is she really your best friend?”

~~

Two days later, Kyungwon was eating breakfast with Nayoung, Siyeon, and their roommate, Kyla, when she received two letters.

One was from her mother, saying that her baby sister Mina is in the first stages of getting her powers, despite being only a couple months old.

Seoyun also said that her father is not upset about the girl not being in Gryffindor, and that he loves her no matter what. She also adds that she thinks houses is not a big deal, which makes Kyungwon roll her eyes.

The other note is scratched on a piece of torn parchment, the familiar handwriting making Kyungwon feel all warm and fuzzy.

Meet me at the astronomy tower after dinner. -M

“You got a secret boyfriend, Yuyu?” Siyeon asked, peering over Kyungwon’s shoulder to look at the note.

“No, it’s a girl,” Kyungwon said.
“Okay, didn’t know you swung that way, but that’s cool too,” Kyungwon’s eyes widened. “No, this is Minkyung,”

“Your best friend Minkyung?” Nayoung asked. Kyungwon nodded, grinning.
“She’s in our potions class, right? And DADA?” Kyla asked. “The one who’s always with the smaller Kang and Jung?”
“Yeah, that’s her,” Kyungwon smiled. “I haven’t seen her alone since we got here, good for her for making new friends,”

“But, by making new friends, did she forget her old ones?” Nayoung asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Well, obviously not if she wants to talk to me tonight,” Kyungwon said.

“In secret. She never goes out of her way to say hi to you in class,” Nayoung added. Kyungwon shrugged. “She wants to get to know her new friends,”

“Are you sure she’s not just being a ?” Nayoung asked.

Kyungwon gasped. “She would never! We’ve gone through so much together that I know that she’s just trying to make new friends,”

Nayoung gave her a skeptical look. “If you say so,”

~~

Kyungwon sat on the steps of the astronomy tower for what seem like forever. Curfew was in ten minutes, and she didn’t want to have an accidental run in with Filch or Mrs. Norris on her way to the dungeons.

Just as she was getting up, Minkyung came sprinting down the corridor.
“Yuyu!” she exhaled, running into Kyungwon’s arms. She gave her a bone-crushing hug. Kyungwon inhaled her scent; she smelled like smokey firewood and vanilla.

“I missed you,” Minkyung murmured into her neck. Kyungwon smiled. “I missed you, too Minky,” she said. Minkyung pulled back, giving Kyungwon a toothy grin.

“Can you believe we’re finally at Hogwarts?” Minkyung smiled. “It’s everything I’ve always imagined,”
“Yeah, it’s great,” Kyungwon blushed.

Something about Minky made Kyungwon feel all giddy inside. She would be lying if she said she didn’t have a small crush on the Gryffindor.


Okay, maybe a big crush.

It was not so secret that Kyungwon had feelings for the girl. Kyungwon made it so painstakingly obvious that she thought Minkyung was the world, everyone except for Minky knew that.

“I only wish that you were in Gryffindor with me,” Minkyung said sadly. “Then we could have experienced everything together,”

“Yeah, I wish that, too,” Kyungwon looked down. “But I made some really nice friends in Slytherin,”

Minkyung scrunched her nose. “You mean the children of the Death Eaters?”
Kyungwon blushed. “They weren’t all Death Eaters...,”

“But all of the Death Eaters came from that house. It’s the murderer house,”
Kyungwon felt go dry.

She understood that people thought badly of her house, but hearing Minkyung say it hurt more than a thousand Cruciatus curses.

“But hey,” Minkyung said, holding Kyungwon’s arms. “You are so much better than all of them combined,”

Kyungwon smiled. “I really hope we can stay best friends, even though we are in different houses,”

“Are you kidding me?” Minkyung asked, taken aback.

“I said forever, Yuyu,”

forever

~~

Seventeen year old Kyungwon stood down at badge in her hand as her mother read the note.

“Dear Miss Kang, you have been selected to be the Head Girl for the school year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,” Seoyun read.

Kyungwon examined the gleaming red badge.

“Does it have to be red?” Kyungwon muttered. “Why not green?”

“Oh you and your Slytherin pride,” Juwon chuckled. “It’s just a badge,”

“If you were Head Boy and the badge was green you would want it to be red,” Kyungwon said, looking up. “My prefect badge was green, why isn’t the Head Girl badge?”

“Wait, so I don’t get it,” Seoyun said, putting the letter down. “You were already a prefect, so now you’re like… leader of the prefects?”

“Pretty much,” Kyungwon shrugged.
“And prefects are like, hall monitors?”
Juwon and Kyungwon gave Seoyun an odd look.

“My love, Prefects are students selected to enforce the rules and patrol the halls at night to make sure no one sneaks out of their bed chambers,” Juwon said.
Seoyun mentally face palmed. “So a hall monitor?”

“No, Prefects can-”
“You know what, never mind,” Seoyun said, picking the letter back up. She had given up trying to explain Muggle things to her family years ago.

“Wait until Mingyu hears about this,” Juwon said, turning to his daughter. “He’s gonna be so proud. We’re meeting them at Diagon Alley at noon,”

Kyungwon rolled her eyes. It was bad enough that Minkyung and her had to spend holidays together, but now she has to go shopping with her too?

“I can go to Diagon Alley with Nayoung next week,” Kyungwon said. “I’ll stay home,”

“No, you’re coming,” Juwon said. “You spent the holidays with Nayoung, the Kim’s haven’t seen you in forever. They miss you, Mingyu even jokes about how he doesn’t even know what you look like now,”

Kyungwon scoffed. “I pretty much look the same,”

“Actually, you don’t,” Seoyun said. “Since… that,” gestured towards Kyungwon’s chest, then her . “That is different,”
Kyungwon groaned. “Mom-”

“Needless to say, you are going,” Juwon said firmly. “You can take Mina to Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes,”

“But Dad-”

“No buts, you’re going,”

~~

“Hey, kiddo,” Mingyu said as he walked next to Kyungwon. The two families were scattered around Diagon Alley, Kyungwon’s parents took Mina to Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlor.

Minkyung was somewhere looking at Quidditch supplies, probably to avoid Kyungwon.

“What’s up, Papa K?” Kyungwon said politely. The Minister smiled.

“I happen to have some top secret news about Hogwarts this year,” Mingyu said, cupping his hand over his mouth as if to tell her a secret.

“Really? What is it?” Kyungwon asked, pausing at the window of Sugarplum’s Sweet Shop to look at the chocolate.

“Well, I can’t tell anyone,” Mingyu said. “But since you are our newest Head Girl, I can make an exception,”

Mingyu leaned in to whisper in Kyungwon’s ear.

“Ever heard of the Goblet of Fire?”
“Yes,” Kyungwon said. “It’s used for the Triwizard Tournament,”

Mingyu nodded, giving Kyungwon a knowing look. “No way,” Kyungwon muttered. “The Triwizard Tournament?”

“Indeed,” Mingyu said. “It’s going to be held at Hogwarts this year,”

“But the last time the tournament happened, someone died,”

“Minor consequences,”

“The Dark Lord rose,”

“But he’s dead now,”

“Someone impersonated a teacher to kidnap a student,”

“Hogwarts upgraded their staff,”

Kyungwon eyed Minguu skeptically. “Why are you telling me this?” Mingyu sighed. “Because you and I both know who is going to enter,”

Kyungwon’s eyes went hard. “You know we aren’t friends anymore,”

Mingyu gave Kyungwon a sympathetic look. “But I know you still care for her,”
Kyungwon crossed her arms. “How are you so sure?”

Mingyu held up his hands in defense. “Maybe I’m wrong. But I’m asking you, as a father, please don’t let my little girl hurt herself,”

“How are you so sure Minkyung's going to be the one chosen?”

“I’m not,” Mingyu admitted. “I just have a gut feeling,”

“If she’s the champion, what do you want me to do? It’s not like I can save her or anything,”

“You’re a Slytherin,” Mingyu blinked. “See if you can find out what they are doing for the tasks. Slither around,”

~~

“There you are,” Nayoung smiled, opening the compartment door. She sat down next to Kyla. “I missed you guys,”

“Hey, Nayoungggie,” Siyeon smiled. Kyungwon gave a small wave.

“Can you believe it? It’s our last year at Hogwarts,” Nayoung said.

“Last year of Quidditch, too,” Siyeon said, fiddling with her wand.

“But didn’t you get recruited for the Chudley Cannons?” Kyla asked.

“No, I did,” Nayoung said. “Siyeon’s being recruited for the Montrose Magpies,”

“Last year of Slytherin quidditch I mean,” Siyeon said. “Last chance to knock Kim Minkyung off that new Firebolt 400-”

“And bash her stupid little face with a Bludger,” Nayoung added.

Kyungwon shuddered. “Guys, stop,”
“She doesn’t,” Nayoung shrugged. “So why should we?”

“It’s mean,”

“What she did to you was downright cruel,”

“But I’m over it,”

“No you’re not,”

The two girls glared at each other, waiting for the other to submit. It was Kyungwon.

“Fine, you’re right,” she grumbled.
Nayoung smiled triumphantly. “I know I am,”

“I still don’t think you should be this mean,”

“I’ll stop when she stops,”

“So… never?” Siyeon asked.

Nayoung gave her a sly smirk.

“Exactly,”

~~

“Why are you so stressed out about this, Minky?” Yebin asked, watching her best friend pace back and forth in the small compartment of the train.

“Because my dad told me to ‘be prepared’ for this big event at school, but he won’t tell me what it is!” Minkyung exclaimed. “I’ve been wracking my brain for a week trying to figure it out,”

“Has he told anyone?”

“Yes,” Minkyung sneered. “He told that little Kyungwon but he didn’t tell me, his daughter!”

“Why don’t you ask Kyungwon then?” Yebin suggested.

“Why the would I do that?”

“Um, I don’t know, to find out what this thing is?”

“I would rather get the Cruciatus curse performed on me then to have to see Kyungwon,” Minkyung spat.

Yebin sat up, eyes narrowing at Minkyung. “She used to be your best friend,”

“Yeah, biggest regret I ever had,”

“I really don’t see what’s wrong with Kyungwon,” Yebin said, running a hand through her hair. “She’s actually kind of cute,”

“Ugh, are you serious?”

“You don’t think she’s hot?”

“God, no,” Minkyung scoffed; Yebin could tell she was lying.

“I think you’re blind,” Yebin deadpanned.
“She’s actually really sweet,” Eunwoo piped up. “I heard she’s Head Girl this year,”

“It should have been you, Eunwoo,” Minkyung said.

“No, I’m glad she’s Head Girl, she deserves it,” Eunwoo said calmly. “She’s a really hard worker,”

“Yeah, I still don’t understand why you don’t like her,” Yebin said, picking at her pumpkin pastie. “She’s really hot....Gay, too,”

“And?” Minkyung asked her best friend, eyebrows raised.

“Oh, no, that last part was for me,” Yebin said. “She’s hot and gay, which is good for me,”

Minkyung glared at her. “I forbid you from sleeping with her,''

“Why do you want to sleep with her instead?”

“Why would you even think that?” Minkyung cried. She sat down, arms crossed and fuming.

“You never denied it,” Yebin mumbled, earning a middle finger from Minkyung.

~~

“Never have I ever… had in the prefect’s bathroom,” Kyla said.

Three eyes landed on the metamorphmagus who turned as red as a tomato.

“Finger down, Nayoung,” Siyeon laughed.
“I ing hate you guys,” Nayoung muttered.

“I wasn’t able to sneak Kyulkyung into the dorms, and I always wondered what it would be like to do it in the pool in the prefect’s bathroom,”

“I’m surprised you haven’t done it, Yuyu,” Siyeon said. “That’s a missed opportunity,”

“I don’t see a reason to have in a public place,” Kyungwon shrugged. “Plus, I hardly use the prefect’s bathroom to bathe,”

“So you never had shower with Sana?”
“Nope,” Kyungwon said, popping the ‘p.’ “We mainly stuck to beds,”

“Man, it’s gonna be weird not having her here,” Kyla said. “Yeah, weird cause now I have to do my own homework,” Nayoung grumbled.

“Good idea to date a Ravenclaw, Yuyu. Kyulkyung’s not as smart as Sana so I wouldn’t want her to do my homework,”

“I dated Sana for more than just her brain,” Kyungwon told her friends.

“We know, that was just a plus,” Siyeon said. “How is she, by the way?”

“She loves Egypt,” Kyungwon said. “I got a letter from her during break, her and Momo are having a blast studying dragons,”

“And you’re okay with this?” Nayoung asked.

“I mean it hurt a little,” Kyungwon shrugged. “But I understood that she was in love with Momo. She fell in love with someone else and I couldn’t provide for her anymore. There were no hard feelings,”

“You took that so well,” Kyla sighed. “If I were in your situation I would have hexed her… like a hundred times,”

“I know what it’s like to fall in love with your best friend,” Kyungwon shrugged, looking down at her hands.

“If I was in her situation, I would hope that she would have done the same,”

“Aw, Yuyu,” Siyeon pulled Kyungwon into a hug. She kissed the side of her face. Kyungwon sighed, enjoying this moment with her best friend.

“Don’t worry, we’re gonna get you laid,” Siyeon said, patting Kyungwon’s head.

“Okay, that ruined the moment,” Kyungwon laughed, pulling away.

“What about Kang Yebin? She’s bi,” Nayoung said.

“She’s also Minkyung’s best friend,” Kyla pointed out.

“All the more reason Yuyu should hump and dump her,” Siyeon said.

Kyungwon shuddered. “You are never allowed to use that term again,”

“Why not?”

“Because it’s weird,” Kyla said.

“And it sounds like something a boy would say,” Kyungwon said.

Her three friends looked at her like she grew another head.

“boy?” Siyeon asked.

“It’s Muggle-talk. I spent some time with the kids whose parents work with my mom in the Muggle world,” Kyungwon shrugged.

“They also taught me about something called 'the gram,’”

“Like graham crackers?”

“I’m not sure, but they said they wanted to make one for me, so I assume it was food,”

“What does your mom tell the Muggles about your schooling?” Kyla asked, curious.

“They think my dad homeschools Mina, and that I go to boarding school in France,” Kyungwon explained.

“They think my mom takes an hour train ride from Scotland but really, my dad just Apparates her to work everyday,”

“Muggles are so clueless, it’s cute,” Kyla giggled. “But never date one,”

“My mom also got me this thing,” Kyungwon pulled out a thin box out of her pocket. It was white, with black on the front.

“What is it?” Nayoung asked.

“It’s an Apple iPhone,” Kyungwon said.

“That doesn’t look like an apple,” Siyeon said, examining it.

“It’s a Muggle invention. It’s a portable phone,”

“Why use that when you have your wand?”

“Because they are Muggles, Ddidi,”
Kyungwon held down on the center button.

“Hello Kyungwon. What can I do for you?”

“Oh my god!” Siyeon exclaimed. She snatched the phone out of Kyungwon’s hand.

“Who put you in there? Don’t worry, we can get you out, just hold on!” Siyeon yelled at the object. Kyungwon laughed.

“Why are you laughing? There is a woman trapped inside this fruit!” Siyeon exclaimed. She took out her wand.

“Aloho-”

“Ddidi, no!” Kyungwon grabbed the phone out of her friend’s hand. “This is how the thing works,”

She slipped the phone back in her pocket, that was a lesson for another day.
The train came to an abrupt stop. Nayoung squeaked.

“Last year of Hogwarts, here we come!” she clapped.

Walking off the train, someone accidentally bumped into Kyungwon.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” Kyungwon said. She looked up to see Minkyung's brown eyes staring into hers.

“Watch where you’re going, mutt,“ Minkyung spat, turning on her heels to walk away.

Yebin, Minkyung’s friend gave Kyungwon a sly smile, before flashing her the 'call me’ symbol. Kyungwon rolled her eyes.

Mingyu’s words echoed in her head.
”Please, don’t let my little girl get hurt,“
Kyungwon scoffed.

"No promises, Papa K,”

 

 

 

I made up the names of the parents cause Idk their names...sooo

(Creds to twt; Dinahsdilemma)