Chapter 7: New Perspectives

Just A Little Bit of Your Heart

--------

 

If you were to ask Mina why she agreed to everything that Chaeyoung asked of her, she honestly wouldn't know what to say. The tiger intruiged Mina to no end. Chaeyoung was a thief, but Mina knew it was never intentially to harm others. Chaeyoung was complex, and Mina knew that. The girl had stated that it stemmed from helping her mother out financially, but she knew it evolved from that point. Surely Chaeyoung's thieving had already covered any expenses that it needed to, especially with her mother working. The question is: why did the tiger cub continue to steal? Was it an addiction? Was it the adrenaline that Chaeyoung could get, the thrill of getting away with it? Or was it more? Mina wasn't entirely sure, but she knew that she would absolutely find out. She wanted to know Chaeyoung, the entirety of the girl. Mina wanted to know her mannerisms, her layered personality, her flaws. Chaeyoung was always on Mina's mind.

 

The girl intruiged Mina, but Mina knew that Chaeyoung was dangerous for her. Mina knew that the tiger cub would never harm her, but Chaeyoung had this ability that drew Mina to her. Chaeyoung had a way of capturing Mina's attention whenever they were together and especially when they weren't. For some reason, Chaeyoung had this ability to make the penguin trust her fully and unwaveringly, and Mina really didn't have a valid answer as to why this was. On top of that, Mina was totally under Chaeyoung's spell. Mina wasn't stupid, she knew that what she felt around the tiger was like a crush. She liked Chaeyoung despite hardly knowing her. The flirting that Mina did was teasing, but every bit true. She loved making the Tiger flustered. She only hoped that, in time, Chaeyoung would see past the situation and see the truth to everything that Mina did.

 

Mina could only hope that time would tell what the situation would grow into. Mina could only hope that in the end, Chaeyoung would still choose her. But Mina didn't know Chaeyoung well enough to guess how the future would turn out. She could only wait it out and deal with it as it comes.

 

Mina sighed, shutting off her computer. To this day, Mina had never found anything that could distract her from her games. Those games were her life. Those games were an escape when things around her were too overwhelming. Games were Mina's way of entertainment when she was bored. Mina was the ultimate gamer, dedicated to the art of playing. Her parents would always complain that she should focus more on her studies, expecting her to become successful in her future career. If it were up to them, they would make Mina a doctor. From a young age, they instilled her with lessons in piano, singing, and ballet. Young Mina ended up fighting her parents on the first two endeavors, as she did not want her life ruled around stiff people lacking in personality. She was good in both piano and singing, but those weren't her passions. Mina did, however, fall in love with ballet. The feeling of dancing had captivated her so. Her parents finally conceeded in dropping the singing and piano lessons if Mina would dedicate herself more fully with ballet. Mina was absolutely fine with that.

 

Growing older though, Mina's parents ended up falling harder into their careers, her father the head of a hospital and her mother a lawyer. As Mina grew older and more self sufficient, the need for them to be home all of the time had diminished greatly. Mina knew her parents still loved her, as they still made time for family outings on weekends or a game night on a day that they all could unwind. Mina just wished that they would allow her to be free in what she wanted in her life, is all. The only good thing though was that they allowed Mina to quit ballet a few years back. Mina loved ballet, but when Mina had grown up, people had focused more on her appearance than her skill. The performances weren't allowed to be improvised, everything had to fit into a strict routine. Mina didn't want that in her life. She didn't want to be conformed on a way of showing her soul. She didn't want to hide her creativity, her emotion. She quit. Mina still occasionally dances, however. She just usually doesn't have an audience.

 

Mina supposes that she and Chaeyoung are somewhat similar in the way that their parents are largly absent in their lives. The only difference is that Chaeyoung's mother wasn't absent willingly, as Mina's were. Chaeyoung's mother was working two jobs to support the two of them, working dilligently and exhaustingly in order to give Chaeyoung a decent life. That was extremely admirable, and Mina's heart breaks for the woman. She truly does understand why Chaeyoung steals. She just hopes that Chaeyoung would understand the reason that she told her to stop. If Chaeyoung were to get caught, which was alarmingly close to what had happened when the girl broke in to Mina's house, it could ruin the girl's future and make all of the working that her mother was doing meaningless. It wasn't just Chaeyoung's life that could be affected by that decision, and Mina just hopes that Chaeyoung heeds her words and stops with the actions, finding honest work. Mina would even help the girl pay the rest if Chaeyoung got a job that was just short of what was needed. Mina had more than enough money to spare, with her parents always working. Their way of compensating for not being in Mina's life was by giving Mina a hefty bank account.

 

You're thinking about her again, Mina. Can't you just go to sleep without her running through your mind?

 

Apparently not. Sighing again, Mina gets ready for bed, falling into a dream filled with tiger cubs.

 

------------------------

 

It was the night before the date, and Tzuyu was honestly a tad nervous. She liked Sana, but she knew that the girl seemed a bit flirtatious. Tzuyu was worried that the girl would lose interest after one date and turn her attention away to someone else. Tzuyu was scared that Sana would play her and leave. Tzuyu didn't want to get hurt by a girl that looked like a Shiba Inu.

"Minjoong, what do you think? Am I just being stupid?" Tzuyu asked her furry companion. Minjoong just tilted his head and stared confused. Tzuyu sighed. The Taiwanese girl was never so uncomfortable with attention before. She was charasmatic, and quite popular among peers. Tzuyu wouldn't say she had many friends, but she was far from a stranger as far as attention was concerned. For some reason though, Sana seemed to unsettle her. Tzuyu had never really had a relationship, nor been particularly enamoured by anyone. Minjoong must have known that the girl would be special to Tzuyu though, as the dog ran right up to Sana. When she truly saw Sana for the first time, Tzuyu knew she was in trouble. The girl had enraptured Tzuyu's full attention in one look.

 

Ever since that moment, Tzuyu just couldn't seem to disagree with anything that Sana asked of her. Sana could ask her for a thousand dollars, and somehow Tzuyu would find a way to just give it to her. The girl also had a way of making Tzuyu blush uncontrollably. The Japanese girl had to stop flirting with Tzuyu because if she didn't, Tzuyu was sure she would have health problems if it continued. Maybe Tzuyu should schedule a doctor's appointment soon, just in case. It was better to be safe than sorry after all.

Tzuyu knew though that this girl was going to lead to interesting events happening. Tzuyu was already going to spend quality time with not only Sana, but Sana's friend that looked like a tiger cub and the tiger cub's girlfriend Mina. Tzuyu really didn't mind meeting new people, but for a date with Sana, Tzuyu knew that she would be getting to know Sana's friends much better. For the sake of Tzuyu's love life, she hoped tomorrow went well. The Yoda girl just hoped that she wouldn't be too awkward or impersonal. Tzuyu seemed harshly honest at most times, saying openly what was on her mind. Tzuyu hoped that everything would go smoothly, and Tzuyu especially hoped that it would lead to more encounters with Sana. That last thought alone was enough to terrify the girl senseless, as well exite her to no end.

 

Deciding to just sleep and hope that the deep thoughts would disappate, Tzuyu fell into a fitful sleep.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

It was the day of the date, and Chaeyoung already knew that the day was going to be a challenge when she figured out that she had to wake up before noon on a Saturday. Honestly, why was Sana so cruel? Chaeyoung honestly didn't even know what they would be doing on this double date, she just had to put blind faith into Sana. That was truly terrifying.

Chaeyoung sighed and put on her signature leather jacket. There was nothing in the world that could make Chaeyoung try in appearance. She knew that she was badass, and the leather jacket just added to the appearance. Grabbing her keys, Chaeyoung exited to her car in route to pick up her fake girlfriend. The entire car ride was albiet nervewracking. It wasn't that she was scared of Mina, Chaeyoung just wasn't sure if she could fake a relationship properly. It's not just something that she could half , and the effort that she would need to put in might just kill her. Chaeyoung lit a cigarette to calm her nerves. It was a nasty habit that could also kill her, but Chaeyoung honestly didn't give a damn. It also made her look badass. 

Arriving at Mina's familiar house, Chaeyoung got out of the car and knocked on the door. Chaeyoung might be an , but she still had to try in this whole thing, per Mina's original request. Knocking on her door, it didn't take long for her fake girlfriend to appear. Honestly, Chaeyoung was a little blown away by the appearance of the girl. Chaeyoung knew Mina was extremely beautiful, she wasn't blind. But Mina looked especially amazing in her sleeveless white top and blue skirt. Chaeyoung was quite speechless at the moment.

"Hey Tiger, you ready to go?" Mina asked, knocking Chaeyoung back into reality. 

"Yep, I'm ready if you are. You look really pretty today, by the way," Chaeyoung replied. Mina blushed, making Chaeyoung feel extremely proud of herself.

"Thank you, Chaeyoungie. You don't look too bad yourself," Mina teased back. Chaeyoung thanked the penguin, leading her to the car and opening the passenger door for her. Chaeyoung was a badass, but her mother raised her with some manners. 

"Hey, do you know what we're gonna be doing?" Mina asked once settled.

"Honestly? Nope. Sana didn't tell me that much, she just said to meet them at the park," Chaeyoung replied.

"Hmm, maybe a walk or a picnic?" Mina mused. Chaeyoung hummed in agreement. However, Chaeyoung knew her best friend, and there was no way that Sana would resort to just a walk or a park. The girl was going to put all of her gay heart into impressing Tzuyu, and a park was not the way to do so. Only time will tell what they will do.

 

-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Here is an update! The date is next, I just felt that this was necessary to see Mina and Tzuyu's thoughts on the whole thing. This story is much in Chaeng's perspective, but sometimes it's good to see how others are thinking on a more personal level, right?  I am halfway through writing the next chapter as well, so please bear with me. Thank you all for your continual support, it means the world. I know I'm extremely bad at trying to keep an update schedule, but I promise I will try to be better about it. I hope you all have a good day!

Much love,

Author-nim