Chapter 6: Catching Up

Just A Little Bit of Your Heart

 

———————-

 

“I have so much to tell you,” Chaeyoung told her best friend, having ordered her to come over after her ‘date’ with a certain Penguin. 

 

“Honestly, same, but you go first,” Sana replied immediately, causing Chaeyoung to nod. 

 

“Okay, so remember the house that we broke into? The one that you forgot to lookout for me on, and I got caught? Well that is Mina’s house. With me so far?” Chaeyoung asked. 

 

“Chaeng, I was there, I know,” Sana said with an eye roll.

 

”Were you really there, I wouldn’t have gotten caught in the first place, but someone was a little distracted by a Yoda,” Chaeyoung retorted. “Anyways, Mina was totally cool and didn’t call the cops or anything, she just told me to leave out the front door and not do it again. But I was mad at you and yelled at you that I got caught.” 

 

“Yes, you said that, failing to notice that I had someone in my company. You really need to check your anger, little cub,” Sana patted Chaeyoung’s head. Chaeyoung, of course, swatted the girl’s hand away. 

 

"Whatever, but anyways, that was when you came up with the lie that I was sneaking into my girlfriend's house so that Tzuyu wouldn't catch on. Nice thinking on your feet there, I applaud you Sanake," Chaeyoung complimented the Japanese girl.

 

"Thank you, thank you. It comes naturally at this point," Sana replied with a smirk on her face.

 

"Well, that led Tzuyu to thinking Mina was my girlfriend. Somehow she must have gotten a glimpse of Mina walking me to the door or something, because she totally knew that Mina was supposed to be my girlfriend," Chaeyoung continued. "Mina didn't have any idea though, which is why I obviously dragged her away quickly. I explained the that happened to her about our lie, and she agreed."

 

"She agreed?" Sana was admittedly shocked. "Even knowing we tried to rob her, she still agreed to fake date you so that we wouldn't get caught?" Chaeyoung nodded her head in affirmation.

"This chick is either really laidback, or she is stupid. Who would want to date you, fake or not?" Sana asked, teasing the tiger cub, though seriously admiring the small amount of hecks that this girl seemed to give in regards to her life.

"Hey, screw off! You even flirted with me when you first got here!" Chaeoung retorted.

"I did, didn't I? Wow, that was such a dark time in my life, I must have been desperate," Sana said mock seriously. Chaeyoung glared in response.

 

"Anyhow, Mina agreed and is now my fake girlfriend for the forseeable future. But honestly, we lucked out so much. I'm glad that if we had to get caught that it was by her and not someone else," Chaeyoung stated the problem seriously.

 

"I agree. When this is all over, we are going to have to get this girl a coffee or something for her troubles," Sana responded. "Now is it my turn?" 

 

Chaeyoung nodded, mentally preparing for a signature gay Sana rant. Honestly, it happened so often that Chaeyoung was thinking of getting a trademark. She doubt she would need one though, there was no one really much gayer than Sana.

 

"Okay, so I really don't know why, but for some reason, Tzuyu makes me stupid and useless," Sana started. Chaeyoung just deadpanned.

 

"Really Sana? There is a reason, and it's that you are Jedi Master rank gay," Chaeyoung sassed. The Tiger had to admit that she was really clever. She felt quite proud at that one.

 

"You are probably one of the biggest no jam's to ever exist on this Earth," Sana was not impressed. "So, despite that terrible and cringeworthy way of describing my awesomeness, you are probably right. Tzuyu just does something to me. Like I know I flirt with basically anyone, but I lose the ability to around her. My mind just panics and I freak out inside and end up saying whatever I think about at that exact moment."

 

"Awwww, Sana has a crush," Chaeyoung teased.

 

"The sad part is that I think you're right," Sana replied worriedly.

 

"Why is it sad? It seemed like she was into you when I saw you guys talk," Chaeyoung said hesitantly, not really seeing a problem.

 

"Oh, I know she seems to like me too, she agreed to go on a date with me," Sana continued.

 

"Then what is the problem? You did it!" The tiger asked, still very confused.

 

"The problem," Sana states, "Is that I gay panic around her and I'm not sure I can go on this date without getting sick or spilling any deep dark secret that I have."

 

Sana really didn't know what to do. She wanted to get to know the girl that made her brain stop working, obviously she was special. However, if alone with the girl, she was sure that she would spill something extremely embarrassing like how she accidentally tripped her teacher in third grade and caused them to break a leg, or worse. She could accidentally spill about the exploits that she and Chaeyoung have been doing.

 

Wait. Chaeyoung. She said they would go on a date, but that didn't mean that she had to go on it alone. And the tiger wasn't single, so maybe a double date would be ideal? Sana smirked at the ingenuinity she seemed to have.

 

Chaeyoung was quite scared. She couldn't read minds, but she knew somehow that whatever Sana just decided on was going to make her life more difficult.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

You can do this Chaeng, just send the damn message. You can scare an entire school, but a cute penguin girl is what intimidates you the most?

 

Sighing, Chaeyoung sent the text message to Mina, telling of the conclusion that Sana had come to. She really should stop giving in to Sana's ideas. They were going to kill her one day, no doubt about it.

 

My Penguin:

Aww, did the little tiger finally decide she wanted to go on a date with me? I'm flattered

 

Chaeyoung was absolutely going to kill Sana for having her endure this torture. Chaeyoung hated herself more though for blushing at the text that Mina had sent her.

 

My Tiger Cub <3:

Did you not read the part where I said that my friend was making me do this?

 

My Penguin:

I did, but I really can't resist teasing my Chaengie any chance that I get ;3

 

My Tiger Cub <3:

Your Chaengie, huh? Did you really like the first date that much that you had to give me a petname?

 

My Penguin:

So you freely admit that our 'meeting' was actually a date, huh? 

 

My Tiger Cub <3: 

Honestly, I think I've just accepted the situation I've put myself into.

 

My Penguin:

Ouch, was I that bad of a date? I promise I'll do better next time!

 

My Tiger Cub <3:

What exactly does 'do better' mean? Should I be scared?

 

My Penguin:

That depends. Do I scare you, baby cub? ;3 

 

My Tiger Cub <3:

You don't scare me, Penguin. Challenge accepted.

 

My Penguin:

Okay, but just a fair warning that you put yourself in this position. I'll be using this girlfriend thing to my advantage.

 

My Tiger Cub <3:

You will, hmm? I will be prepared then. We didn't really talk about boundaries though, in all seriousness.

 

My Penguin:

That's true. I don't have boundaries, much. I want to know you more, but that is absolutely it. I trust you.

 

My Tiger Cub <3:

Why do you trust me? I was trying to break into your house.

 

My Penguin:

You had your reasons. I think you are better than you would like to admit.

 

 

Honestly, Chaeyoung knew that Mina was amazing in this moment. The girl has been nothing but selfless and caring, even when Chaeyoung gave her every reason not to be. Despite everything that happens, Mina blindly trusted Chaeyoung. That was so important to the Tiger, and at this moment, Chaeyoung vowed that despite the circumstances of fake dating that she would protect Mina at all costs. This girl was already too special for Chaeyoung to lose. 

 

 

My Tiger Cub <3:

I have boundaries, but they don't apply to you so feel special! Anything is okay. Thank you for trusting me. I trust you too.

 

My Penguin:

Well, I would hope you trust your 'girlfriend'! But thank you for telling me. I'm free for the date. Pick me up? I assume you know where I live, Tiger <3

 

That last text message almost killed Chaeyoung. The quick wit that the Penguin possessed was extremely impressive. Chaeyoung didn't really encounter anyone that could banter with her aside from Sana. Chaeyoung had to meet this girl again, multiple times in the future, and if this was any indication of what those meetings would hold, Chaeyoung knew she was screwed. She wondered how she could handle all of these mini heart attacks every time the penguin tried to playfully flirt. Chaeyoung knew she should probably look into these feelings that she was getting for the Penguin, but there was too much going on right now to find the consequences of what it would mean. In time, the Tiger vowed to look into it. Until then, Chaeyoung would just play everything by ear. That started with a date in two days with her fake girlfriend, her best friend, and a star wars character. She already felt the stress of getting ready for it.

 

Stupid Gay Snake forcing her into this position over a stupid Yoda.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys! I'm alive! I'm really sorry that it has taken me so long, but between the holidays and a family member having a health emergency (they are okay now luckily), I have been extremely busy. I also started college just two weeks ago, which shouldn't be that difficult. But, as an aspiring business major taking classes such as 'Microeconomics' and 'Principles of Marketing' on top of life, you can understand why I am writing this at 3 in the morning while drinking my fifth cup of coffee. At least, I'm going to count it as fifth, because I lost track after three. I know this chapter is short, but I feel I should give you something becuase you've waited so patiently. I am not in my absolute right mind though, if you couldn't tell by this author's note.

I promise though that I will be writing more frequently starting next week, as my life should finally (Praise God Jihyo) calm down enough to focus and write the story that you all deserve to read. Things will pick up, and things will get better. My very gay Michaeng heart needs them to happen, its just really frustrating on deciding to have plot or be all 'JUST KISS', especially when I have the power to do both. We will get there, I swear, just know that I am just as frustrated as you are in waiting and I'm writing this!

Thank you so much to all of those that continue to subscribe and comment, it means literally so much to me that you are liking this story so far. Thank you for continuing to stick with this frustrating author-nim as she goes through life. You are all amazing and I hope that you like where the story is thus far! Feel free to continue to leave comments, as I would not be the author I am without your feedback. Have a great day all! 

 

With Love,

Audrey