Chapter 8: One More Time

Just A Little Bit of Your Heart

Sana was freaking out on the inside. This whole date thing was on her shoulders, and she could not screw this up. Her entire love life was on the line. Sana told everyone to meet at the park, as that was the central area for everyone attending. However, Sana would be damned if she did something cliche like a picnic in the park. Sana had to woo her girl with something extremely over the top. Therefore, Sana decided on the next cliche. They would be attending an amusement park. It was an atmosphere that was totally for couples. She could share food with Tzuyu. She could hold hands with Tzuyu the entire time so that they didn't get separated. She could ride the ferris wheel with Tzuyu. That almost always leads up to a kiss, and Sana knew she had to get one. Her gay level couldn't allow anything less.

Sana had to stop thinking about it though, the poor girl might get a nosebleed in exitement. That's the last thing she needed. Sana took a deep breath and waited for what was bound to commence.

----------------------------------------------------

Sure enough, Chaeyoung, Mina, and Tzuyu arrived at the park at noon.

"Hey, Tzuyu!" Sana stated excitedly. Chaeyoung just sighed, already seeing the gayness of her best friend. 

"Yah, what about us?" Chaeyoung protested. 

"Yeah yeah, hey shortie," Sana replied, earning a giggle from Tzuyu and Mina.

"I am not that short!" Chaeyoung insisted. The day that Chaeyoung would admit defeat over her height was the day that hell freezes over. 

"Yes you are, Babe. It's cute though," Mina piped up. 

"Hey, you're supposed to be on my side! Some girlfriend you are," Chaeyoung pouted. 

"Aww, I'm always on your side," Mina comforted her tiger, grabbing her hand and kissing her cheek. Chaeyoung knew that they needed to act in front of Tzuyu, so Chaeyoung knew that she needed to keep her cool and let this happen. This was not the time to go into a gay panic. This is just Mina being a good fake girlfriend.

"You guys are cute," Tzuyu told us. 

"Thanks. I'm Chaeyoung, by the way. I don't think we've been properly introduced," The tiger cub greeted the tall girl.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Tzuyu" The Yoda girl replied, shaking Chaeyoung's hand. 

"Oh, I definitely know who you are, my best friend can't seem to stop talking about you," Chaeyoung teased.

"Son Chaeyoung! That was uncalled for, you ," Sana yelled. 

"I'm just speaking the truth, there is nothing wrong with that," Chaeyoung refuted. Sana suddenly smirked, and Chaeyoung knew this was her time to get teased.

"Hello Mina! I'm Minatozaki Sana, it's nice to meet you. Chaeyoung couldn't stop talking about you either," Sana said toward the penguin.

"Oh does she? I'm flattered. It's nice to meet you as well, Sana-san" Mina replied in greeting. This actually caused the Shiba Inu to squeal.

"You're Japanese, Mina?" Sana questioned.

"Hai, I am originally from Kobe," the penguin stated. Chaeyoung didn't know this, and she felt like a really bad fake girlfriend. Maybe Mina was right about meeting up more.

"Ahh, daebak! Also, there is no need to use honorifics, just Sana is fine," The other Japanese girl assured.

"So," Chaeyoung started. "Where are we going on this date?"

"I'm not telling, it's a surprise."

-----------------------------

That is how Chaeyoung found herself at an amusement park with an excited Yoda, a gay Shiba Inu, and a scared penguin girlfriend.

Upon arrival, everything was fine. The tickets were bought, and they explored the park to get a feel for the area. It was on the discussion of what they should do first, that Chaeyoung knew there was something wrong. When the words of 'rides' entered the conversation, Mina seemed to glue herself to Chaeyoung's side, tightly gripping onto the cub's hand. 

"Hey guys, why don't we split up? You guys can ride the roller coasters and we'll walk around," Chaeyoung suggested. Chaeyoung had a feeling that she knew why Mina seemed scared, and decided to step in.

"Fine, I get it," Sana stated. "Go spend some alone time with your girlfriend. Let's go Tzuyu." With that, they left the two alone.

"Are you okay, Penguin?" Chaeyoung asked the girl. She seemed to relax.

"Yeah, thanks Tiger. I am not a fan of heights," Mina responded.

"It's okay, it isn't for everyone," Chaeyoung smiled back. The two decided to walk around, finding something that Mina dragged them into. The amusement park had an arcade that Mina was not going to pass up. The girl's eyes were sparkling, and Chaeyoung found it adorable.

"An arcade, huh? I honestly would not peg you as one who enjoys video games."

"I don't look like I could be a video game person?" The penguin challenged. Chaeyoung smirked.

"You don't. I bet that I can win more games than you," the tiger proposed without backing down.

"What is the prize?" Mina asked.

"The winner gets anything they want from the loser," Chaeyoung answered immediately.

"Deal."

------------------------

Sana was inwardly freaking out. Chaeyoung left her so early on. What kind of a double date was this? Sana was going to yell at the midget later, that was for sure.

"Do you mind if I hold your hand? I don't want to lose you in the crowd," Tzuyu had asked the Japanese girl. Sana almost died upon hearing those words. Her plan for this date was already happening and Sana's gay self almost couldn't handle it. 

"Uh yeah, sure," Sana held out her hand, Tzuyu taking it gently. 

"So, do you like roller coasters?" Sana asked. 

Goddamn it Sana, that was so lame. You're screwed.

"I love them! I'm so excited. Thank you for taking us here," Tzuyu replied happily.

God Bless this innocent Yoda

"You're welcome! Maybe we can come back here for another date later on," Sana flirted.

"I'd like that," Tzuyu replied with a blush.

--------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung was getting crushed. There was no nice way of putting it. Mina was literally obliterating her in every single game that they played. The worst part is that the penguin had no shame or pity for her poor girlfrend. 

There was only one game left, and it was one that Chaeyoung was somewhat confident in. It was a racing game, and Chaeyoung had a license. It couldn't be that difficult, right? 

"Are you ready to admit that you were wrong and I'm the best, Tiger?" Mina teased.

"Of course not, I will win this," Chaeyoung denied the girl the truth. Chaeyoung just sighed and sat in front of the wheel. This arcade trip was well worth the money she spent, Chaeyoung knew that with the smile that Mina has on her face everytime she wins. Honestly, even if Mina wasn't amazing at video games, Chaeyoung would most likely lose on purpose just to see that beautiful smile that caused her heart to race. 

Chaeyoung you are going soft, what the hell? You're a badass remember?

That's right. Badass thief that doesn't give a damn

Chaeyoung was losing. But, Chaeyoung was not losing as bad as she was in all of the other games. Chaeyoung even thought that she had a shot, especially when she was only right behind Mina. 

Chaeyoung still lost though.

"Yes! I win!" Mina shouted in excitement. Chaeyoung just smiled. This girl was adorable. 

"Yeah, I guess you did. Do you know what you want as a prize?" Chaeyoung was sort of curious as to what the penguin would ask for. Chaeyoung still didn't know a lot about Mina, despite the connection they had.

"I'm not sure yet, but I'll hold onto it and let you know when I think of something," Mina stated.

"Sure. Now, I'm hungry, wanna go find Sana and Tzuyu?" Chaeyoung asked. Mina agreed.

--------------------------------

"Hey! Did you guys have fun?" Sana asked the two in front of her.

"Mina spent most of the time crushing me at video games, so that's debatable," Chaeyoung pouted.

"You should have known not to challenge me babe," Mina retorted while smiling. "How was the roller coasters?"

"It was great, Mina Unnie! I loved them, though Sana was scared when we got to the top," Tzyuy answered.

"That's okay though, Tzuyu protected me through it all," Sana replied, wrapping an arm around the taller girl.

"Oh? You two seem to have gotten cozy," Chaeyoung noticed, causing both in question to blush heavily.

"Shut up shortie, go be cozy with your own girlfriend," Sana retorted.

"Whatever," Chaeyoung flicked Sana off playfully, then turned to her penguin. "Hey Babe, what food do you want? I'll go get it for us."

"Um, surprise me?" Mina responded.

"Okay, I'll be back in a second," Chaeyoung said, then took off for food.

"Chaeyoung seems like a really good girlfriend," Tzuyu told Mina. 

"She has been nothing but a gentlewoman the entire time," Mina agreed with a smile. "She paid for this entire date thus far, and she even opened the car door for me."

Sana was shocked with this information. Chaeyoung? Son Chaeyoung? Gentlewoman? Sana knew the feisty little tiger cub for a while now, and she couldn't say that gentlewoman was something she would associate with Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung had a heart of gold underneath all of the scars, that Sana knew. But Chaeyoung still had a rough exterior and was generally not nice to people, unless it was necessary. For Chaeyoung to go out her way for Mina meant something. Sana would have to question her best friend about it later. 

"Wow, I never thought I would hear 'Chaeyoung' and 'gentle' in the same sentence," Sana said semi-jokingly.

"Why, is Chaeyoung as mean as she tries to look?" Tzuyu asked. That also perplexed Sana. Could Tzuyu also see through Chaeyoung's guise? 

"What do you mean by that, beautiful?" Sana was curious for the answer.

"Well, Chaeyoung seems scary at first, don't get me wrong. But when she is around you or Mina Unnie, she seems to soften. She doesn't seem scary anymore," Tzuyu explained. With Sana's earlier deductions, she thought that was the case. Though now that Sana knew this information, she was sure she would be able to see it.

"Hey guys, I'm back," Speaking of the tiger cub...

------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung put kimbap in front of Sana and Tzuyu, while getting American food for Mina and herself.

"I just guessed and got you a hamburger and french fries. I didn't know if you would like that, so I made sure to get plenty of ketchup. It would mask the flavor well," Chaeyoung rambled nervously.

Mina literally squealed. The girl was normally composed, so this was one of the loudest things that Chaeyoung has ever heard from the girl. The next thing Chaeyoung knew, she was being hugged tightly and recieved a kiss dangerously close to her lips. Chaeyoung knew this was the end for her. Chaeyoung's heart was racing and her face was feeling really hot.

"Thank you, Baby! I love ketchup," Mina declared excitedly.

"Y-you're welcome," Chaeyoung stuttered. 

What the hell? Son Chaeyoung actually stuttered? So much for badass, Chaeng.

"Thank you for the Kimbap, Chaeyoung! It's my favorite," Tzuyu also thanked the girl.

"It's nothing, I hope you enjoy," Chaeyoung replied easily. 

Chaeyoung had a badass reputation to maintain, that was true. But maybe, just maybe, Chaeyoung didn't have to maintain it right now. This was her best friend and the girl that her best friend wanted to date. This was her fake girlfriend that seemed to make her soft and human again. Chaeyoung knew that she still was a criminal. She knew that she was a thief that was addicted to money and cigarettes. She knew that she was an apathetic to anyone that wasn't in this group or her mother. But for the first time in a while, Chaeyoung felt safe. Chaeyoung felt not alone. Chaeyoung felt wanted. It reminded Chaeyoung of her past, when she actually had ambition, dreams, hope. And the fact that she felt this again, it terrified Chaeyoung to no end. Chaeyoung didn't want these feelings. Chaeyoung didn't want to feel this again, because she didn't want to be left again. She didn't want to feel alone again. Chaeyoung didn't want false hope. But why would they stay? Chaeyoung just messes everything up and makes everyone leave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After eating, the four decided to walk around some, inevitably leading to a gift shop. 

"Tzuyu! We should get matching t-shirts to remember our first date!" Sana yelled, dragging the poor Yoda girl off.

Chaeyoung wasn't really looking for anything in particular, she was just content to follow wherever Mina dragged her. Chaeyoung made sure to always hold Mina's hand, not only to not get separated, but for the act they had to put on for Tzuyu.

Yes, it is absolutely because of those reasons and not because you like the feeling of her hand in yours.

"Chaeyoungie, look!" Something has gotten the penguin's attention. Soon enough, she was being pulled toward small keychains. Mina pulled one off the rack and raised it for Chaeyoung to see.

"It's a tiger for my Tiger!" Mina teased.

"They even have a Penguin for you too," Chaeyoung remarked, noticing the little Penguin keychain and picking it up.

"I am getting these, hold on," Mina told her, leaving before Chaeyoung could even process anything. She just sighed, waiting for her fake girlfriend to come back.

"Here you go! You can have the penguin and I'll take the tiger. That way, I'm with you wherever you go," Mina informed with a smirk. 

"Who says I want you wherever I go? Our dates are all the time with you I can handle," Chaeyoung teased back. Mina smacked her arm and pouted.

"That's just too bad, because you signed up for this when you asked me to date you," Mina argued. 

"I suppose you're right. I could have paid for them though," Chaeyoung said. 

"Nah, it's okay. You've paid for everything so far, so for once I wanted to treat you," Mina answered with a shrug and a gummy smile that Chaeyoung was beginning to really like.

-----------------------------------------------

After the gift shop, the group decided to head home, as it was getting late. Chaeyoung took Mina back to her house and walked the girl to her door.

"Thank you for today, Chaeyoung," Mina thanked the girl, with sincerety in her eyes.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it. We will have to do it again someday," Chaeyoung replied earnestly.

"I agree. No roller coasters though, okay?" Mina told her seriously. 

"No roller coasters, I promise," Chaeyoung swore.

"I still don't think I know all that much about you, though." Mina observed. "This seemed more of a day for me than it did you, and I'm sorry about that."

"It's okay, next time it can be you treating me," Chaeyoung winked. "I learned a lot about you though, which will be good for our act. I think my ego is still bruised from you kicking my at the arcade though."

"Aww, my poor baby! Do you want me to kiss it better?" Mina teasingly flirted. 

"Yes please, it's the only way that I'll feel better," Chaeyoung said in mock seriousness. Chaeyoung was only kidding, so when Mina grabbed her face and started leaning in, Chaeyoung was pretty sure she started to hyperventilate.

When Chaeyoung felt a kiss land on her cheek, she exhaled. This damn penguin just totally played her.

"There you go, Tiger! Maybe if you keep playing your card right, like you did today, you'll get more. Goodnight!" And with that, Mina left a shocked Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung tried to process everything that just happened, but it was almost impossible. Mina was going to give her a heart attack, and they weren't even actually dating. 

Chaeyoung sighed and walked back to her car, and prepared to drive away. Looking at her keys, she glanced the little penguin keychain and couldn't help but smile.

 

---------------------------------

So I totally finished this, and I will show more Satzu in the next chapter. This ended up being Michaeng centered because 1) it's Michaeng, and 2) Mina is afraid of amusement park rides and it was a lot of work to make a substantial date that didn't involve the main things at amusement parks. I can't wait to really start moving this along. The hardest part to any story is character development. I hope you guys enjoy. I will update as soon as possible! I apologize for the extremely long wait! Life seems to have rough patches that are hard to get through, but I am finally getting through mine, slowly albeit but surely nonetheless. Feel free to comment, I always enjoy reading them and I take into consideration any feedback I recieve. Have a great week guys!

With Love, 

Author-nim