Chapter 4: Forever Young

Just A Little Bit of Your Heart

Chaeyoung

————————————

 

“......oh .”

 

Chaeyoung was dumbfounded. Lalisa Manoban was looking at her, and she honestly didn’t know what to do with that information. Chaeyoung.Exe has crashed. Millions of thoughts, ones she had thought for sure she had buried, were flooding her brain. The past had finally caught up with her. 

 

——————————————————

As a child, Chaeyoung was optimistic. Anything was possible, if you looked hard enough. The sky could be purple, if you colored it with a purple crayon. The world could be amazing, if you looked at it sideways. Chaeyoung’s world was beautiful, there was no doubt about it. Until it wasn’t. 

 

Chaeyoung’s life was comfortable, and innocent. She knew that. Her father worked hard at his job, providing a good life for them. Her mother was home and always doting and caring for the baby cub. Chaeyoung had a nice life. Until she didn’t. 

 

Chaeyoung knew something was wrong when her Father stopped coming home as frequently. She tried to stay optimistic, she really did. In the end, Chaeyoung was convinced. Her Father was just an amazing worker, so they must be wanting him to do more, since his work must be the best. 

 

She told her best friend, Lisa, this too. Lisa Manoban was an interesting girl. She was mischievous, always pulling pranks on the teachers. Chaeyoung laughed at them, silently of course, but she couldn’t believe the girls idiotic sense of bravery. But she admired it. 

 

Chaeyoung was an artist, but Lisa was the Sun. The girl, despite every scolding, never lost her smile. Lisa was strong spirited, and Chaeyoung knew she had to capture this girl in some way. 

 

The day they became friends is something Chaeyoung would never forget. It wasn’t extraordinary in any way, but Lisa became Chaeyoung’s first and only friend that day. She could never forget the first day that led to unforgettable memories. 

 

In gym class, they were learning how to dance. Chaeyoung was an artist, but dancing was an art she could never quite master. That being said, after the fifth time falling, she was understandably getting frustrated. The little tears in the corners of her eyes were indications. 

 

Chaeyoung was honestly ready to give up. Maybe she just couldn’t dance. No one was perfect, after all. But a hand stopped her. Chaeyoung looked up and was momentarily blinded. 

 

“You look cute when you pout. You’re like a tiger! Come on, I’ll help you!” Lisa stated. 

 

Chaeyoung didn’t mess up after that. She lost track of time, and lost herself in dancing with the Sun to a song called Forever Young. That moment was endless, and Chaeyoung didn’t want it to end. 

 

“You know, I always see you alone. You didn’t seem like you have any friends. but don’t worry, I’ll be your friend!,” Lisa had told her. She told her how much she loved her art too, and that was the true dealbreaker. 

 

From then on, Lisa and Chaeyoung were thick as thieves. Lisa taught Chaeyoung to dance, and Chaeyoung drew Lisa pictures, and helped her with her studies. She was the best in their class, which was not surprising. Chaeyoung wanted to succeed like her father, after all. 

 

Constant sleepovers occurred. Sometimes Chaeyoung would help Lisa come up with new pranks. The teachers didn’t need to know that though. Lisa continued to encourage Chaeyoung when she felt sad. The two were inseparable. They were the ultimate confidant to each other. Until they weren’t. 

 

Chaeyoung’s life quickly took a turn for the worse, and it changed her. Chaeyoung found out firsthand how life wasn’t so beautiful. It happened so suddenly that it still scarred the girl. 

 

Chaeyoung’s Father wasn’t working harder. He was having an affair with another woman in his office. Chaeyoung didn’t know, at that time, but she knew one thing for sure: her father left her. 

 

Her mother cried a lot after that, and Chaeyoung understood. She missed her father too. Her mother had to work a lot after that, picking up multiple jobs to provide for them. Chaeyoung understood that too. She didn’t like it, though. 

 

Her mother was working all the time, coming home completely exhausted, emotionally drained. After a small amount of sleep, she would go straight back to another job. Chaeyoung hated that her mother worked herself to exhaustion to provide for them, despite going through the trauma of a cheating husband leaving her. Chaeyoung hated that she couldn’t do a single thing to help her mom. 

 

 

But, what Chaeyoung really hated the most, was how she felt lonely a lot recently. When Chaeyoung was alone, the thoughts would start. Why did your father leave? Was your family not good enough? Did you have too bad of grades? Is there something wrong with you? On and on and on. 

 

 

But, at least she wasn’t completely alone. At least she still had Lisa, she thought. 

 

Until she didn’t. 

 

Lisa and Chaeyoung made a pact that they would always be together. That was the day Chaeyoung’s father left. Chaeyoung didn’t think she ever had to worry about that, though. Lisa was her best friend for life, after all. 

 

Even when her mother was working, Chaeyoung was still able to go over to Lisa’s house. Lisa’s parents were nice and treated Chaeyoung like a part of the family. Chaeyoung was lonely, but not when she was with Lisa. She was the Sun, after all. Lisa was always there for the baby tiger, reminding her that a new day was always ahead. 

 

Chaeyoung was plunged into an eternal night, not long after. Lisa’s father had to return to Thailand. He had to provide for Lisa’s grandparents, as they needed help. Lisa was leaving her too. 

 

Chaeyoung really didn’t know what to do from there. Everyone was leaving her, and she was alone in her thoughts. The questions multiplied, but one was constantly there, constantly lingering. What is wrong with you, Son Chaeyoung? You make everyone leave you. 

 

Sometimes Chaeyoung wiuld listen to Forever Young on the radio. It would remind her of Lisa and she would feel less alone. It only helped for a few minutes. The silence after the song ended was a reminder of how lonely she was. 

 

 

The world was an ugly place, and Chaeyoung knew she had to fight to survive in it. 

 

Chaeyoung started to rebel after that. She stopped caring about basically everything, because why should she? It just screws her over in the end. No one would ever want to get close to her, everyone just leaves her in the end. So why should Chaeyoung really care? 

 

She was alone until Sana, who saved her. She really owed that girl a lot, even if she did put her in a crazy situation.

 

“Babe, you okay?” The voice startled Chaeyoung out of her mind. For once, she was thankful for the girl in front of her. 

 

—————————————————-

Mina had a broken fake girlfriend, she was absolutely sure of it now. 

 

Mina wasn’t even sure how to comprehend the girl in front of her. She was cute, but the encounters they had just kept getting weirder and weirder. She only learned this girl’s name 10 minutes ago, but the girl already tried robbing her, forcing her to fake date her, and was currently rendered brain dead by a foreign girl, who didn’t rub Mina the right way. She wasn’t jealous though, definitely not. 

 

“Babe, you okay?” Mina signaled to Chaeyoung, trying to get the cub to return to the real world. 

 

“Hmm? Yep, I’m good,” The girl replied uneasily. She’s not good, Mina was positive. 

 

“Lisa?” It was said so softly, insecurely, that Chaeyoung herself didn’t even know if she said it. 

 

Son Chaeyoung, pull yourself together, damn it. You are a badass, remember? Act like it.

 

“Hey! How have you been? It’s been a while!” Lisa exclaimed, pulling Chaeyoung into a hug. Chaeyoung flinched from the sudden contact. The only one she was comfortable with now was Sana. Chaeyoung wasn’t going to even think about Mina and the future skinship yet. 

 

“Chaengie, I missed you so much! How are you doing, Tiger cub? Did you miss me too?” The girl asked. 

 

“How long have you been back?” Chaeyoung questioned instead of replying. 

 

This is not good. Just focus on right now, Chaeng. Don’t let it get to you. She probably hasn’t been back for long

 

Mina wasn’t jealous, but she absolutely did not think this girl should be hugging with her ‘girlfriend’. What would happen if the Yoda looking girl walked in? 

 

Mina cleared rather loudly.

 

Chaeyoung could kiss the girl in that moment. She probably really could. But she didn’t. 

 

Focus, Chaeng. One step at a time

 

Luckily, Lisa released Chaeyoung. She could breathe again. 

 

“Babe, you haven’t introduced me to your friend,” Mina stated innocently. 

 

 

“O-oh right, sorry,” Chaeyoung apologized sheepishly. Moving toward Mina, Chaeyoung took a set next to her, the very much lesser of two evils, signaling for Lisa to take her previous spot. 

 

“Mina, this is my old friend from Primary school, Lisa. Lisa, this is my girlfriend, Mina,” Chaeyoung introduced, blushing at the latter part of the sentence. 

 

“Girlfriend, huh? I didn’t know you swing that way, Tiger,” Lisa smirked. Chaeyoung blushed harder. Mina put her arm around her ‘girlfriend’, decided to ‘provide comfort from the weird girl’. Mina really didn’t get a good feeling about her. She knew Chaeyoung was uncomfortable. She just didn’t know why. Mina was determined to find out later, though. 

 

“It’s fine, I’m not judging. I have a girlfriend too,” Lisa stated. Mina relaxed unconsciously at that. She didn’t have to worry about Lisa trying to flirt with Chaeyoung or cause unnecessary problems for their ‘relationship’. 

 

The girl suddenly had a mischievous glint in her eye. Mina wasn’t sure she wanted to know what it was about, but she braced herself regardless. 

 

“You have a girlfriend too? That’s awesome!” Chaeyoung exclaimed, trying to get this awkward meeting, on her part at least, over with. 

 

“Yup! Her name is Chaeyoung!” Lisa replied. Mina stared hard at that. What did she just say? Chaeyoung who? Mina looked at the tiger with expectation. 

 

Chaeyoung was very confused, and very much hoping that Lisa wasn’t delusional. She was no one’s girlfriend, especially not Lisa’s.

 

What about Mina?

 

She was only Mina’s, and only hers because she tried to rob Mina blind. 

 

Good job, Chaeng, that’s better.

 

“Your girlfriend’s name is my name?” Chaeyoung asked hesitantly, not fully sure if she wanted to hear the answer. 

 

“Yup! Park Chaeyoung, but she usually goes by Rosé,” Lisa explained further. 

 

Mina could feel immense relief, though she wasn’t sure if it was coming from her or Son Chaeyoung, not Park Chaeyoung. 

 

“You , you had me worried for a second there! But that’s cool, I’m glad you found your happiness!” Chaeyoung said. She was honestly glad for her friend, but she wasn’t about to go back to being besties with this girl. 

 

She grew up into a totally different person, and Lisa didn’t need to know a lot about her life. She could think of a few major things, like the girl beside her, for example. 

 

She really needed to talk to Sana later, that was for sure. 

 

“I couldn’t resist, the opportunity was right there!” Lisa hasn’t changed, apparently. 

 

“You are still the same Lisa, I see,” Chaeyoung teased the Thai girl. 

 

“I’m taller, but I can’t say the same for you, Chaeng. Did you even grow when I left?” Lisa poked fun. Chaeyoung growled. Why did everyone have to pick on her height? 

 

Hearing a laugh from her side, she turned to Mina with a glare. Mina just smirked and poked her cheek. 

 

“I bet your girlfriend has to get a stool for you to kiss her,” Lisa continued. 

 

“Chaeyoungie isn’t that short, luckily. But I find it cute. In fact, you should see her contact name in my phone,” Mina jested. 

 

“Okay, that’s enough picking on my height!” Chaeyoung interjected. She would not have them gang up on her. That would be the death of Son Chaeyoung. 

 

“Awe, baby, I’m sorry. We’ll stop, okay?” Mina said kissing Chaeyoung’s cheek. Chaeyoung had to hold in her gay panic.  

 

They were only on their first ‘date’ (meeting), and Mina was already affectionate. Why did Chaeyoung have to rob Mina’s house? Was it a punishment for her actions? Is this her Karma for all of her actions thus far?

 

Mina was going to kill her, Chaeyoung was sure. 

 

Lisa made a whipping sound, and Chaeyoung flipped her off. 

 

“As fun as this has been, I have to go help my parents. We only just got back, and we still have to unpack the house,” Lisa stated, finally answering Chaeyoung’s question.  “Here’s my phone number. It was good to see you Chaengie! Keep in touch! It was also nice meeting you, Mina.” 

 

“Likewise,” Mina stated with a gummy smile that gave Chaeyoung heart palpitations. 

 

Chaeyoung really needed to stop hanging out with Sana so much, her level of gay must be rubbing off. 

 

“Make sure you keep a leash on that Tiger, she’s a handful,” Lisa joked causing Mina to laugh. After that, she was off.

 

Chaeyoung could relax, at least for a minute. She knew she owed Mina a huge explanation. 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile:

 

 

Sana

——————

 

 

Sana was open to loving anyone really. Sana was really gay, and she knew it. But of all things, Sana really didn’t expect to fall for freaking Yoda. 

 

The girl seemed to do something to Sana though. Like, if Sana was really gay to begin with, Tzuyu seemed to make her really really stupid gay. 

 

Now Sana knows she was born without a filter.  It was a blessing and a curse. It was a blessing because everyone knew Sana would say whatever was on her mind. However, when a hot girl, or a hot Yoda, comes around, Sana’s gay comes out, and as much as she wants to stop , she can’t. 

 

Sana was also a natural flirt. She really didn’t have a preference to who she would use this on, she just enjoyed seeing people’s reactions to unexpected compliments. Flirting was Sana’s favorite sport, and she was the mvp. Most of the time, it was harmless, Sana didn’t actually mean what she said. 

 

Tzuyu was different. Sana really really means everything she says with Tzuyu. Sana is panicking though, because she speaks before she thinks, and Sana seems to find herself in many unexpected situations because of it. 

 

Hence, when Sana asked Tzuyu to hang out, to which the girl agreed, Sana freaked out. Sana was in a full blown gay panic, and the only person she could ask for help on the subject with was currently with her ‘girlfriend’? Sana didn’t even know who the girl was, she really needed to get Chaeyoung to explain later. 

 

Sana blinked, seeing a hand waving in front of her face. When she returned to reality, she was met with a concerned Tzuyu. 

 

“Are you okay? You blanked out,” the girl questioned. 

 

“Yep, I’m good, you’re beauty just caught me off guard.” Stupid Snake, why did you say that? That was so cheesy. Think, Sana

 

“May I have your number cutie?” Sana asked with a smile. “We can plan our date for sometime this week!” 

 

“It’s a date?” Tzuyu asked with a blush. 

 

“It is to me, but it’s up to you how you take it,” Sana stated, winking for good measure. 

 

The girl blushed, but gave her number to Sana. 

 

The two bid their goodbyes at that point. 

 

Sana could only smile stupidly at her phone, it showing the contact information of ‘Yoda <3’. 

 

Sana knew at this moment she was screwed. 

 

———————————————————-

 

 

 

Hey guys! New author here! So, one of the requests of the previous author was to develop the Lisa/Chaeng history. I knew that was the first thing I wanted to establish, hence the long backstory. 

 

Tell me what you think, and what you want to see happen! I am always open to your feedback! I am already working on a next chapter, so that should be posted soon. Please bear with me as I get my footing in continuing this story. I hope you all have a nice week and onward. 

 

-Audrey