ch.2: Maybe You're Not So Bad

Just A Little Bit of Your Heart

The first time they met was two years ago.

Sana was the new foreign student and as usual, someone needed to show her around. 

Chaeyoung, who was quietly sitting at the very back of the classroom, was chosen by her homeroom teacher. He said it would be a good opportunity for her to socialize. 

Great idea, she thought. Chaeyoung, out of all people, needed to 'socialize' with a Japanese chick that looked like some cheap copy of Barbie and was probably as smart too. 

"Since you don't seem to pay attention in my class anyway, you may show Sana around now," her teacher, Mr. Park -a real in her opinion- suggested. 

Forcing a more than obvious fake smile, she nodded and left the classroom, Sana trailing behind her.

"I like your jacket," Sana complimented, trying to strike up a conversation. 

"Thanks," Chaeyoung replied, nothing following after that, so Sana started again.

"I've been here for two weeks now and I'm excited to finally start going to school here!"

"Mhm."

"So,Chaeyoung, what do you like to do-"

"Okay, listen, Sana or whatever your name might be," Chaeyoung said, stopping in her tracks to turn towards Sana and look at her with a serious expression, "just because I'm here with you, walking you around this stupid hole of school, doesn't mean I actually want to get to know you. You also don't need to ask me any questions about my life or whatsoever, because you have no right to know about any of that. So if we could just get this over with?"

Sana smirked. "Girl, calm down, I was just trying to make this a little less boring. But you know, you're kinda hot when you're mad."

"Okay, what the , what is this, some weird Japanese kink?"

Sana shrugged. "If that turns you on."

"Are you flirting with me?"

"Are you interested?"

Chaeyoung shook her head and sighed, continuing to walk. "Just come with me."

Sana was the first person she didn't scare off with her rude behavior and she actually wanted to give Sana an award for that.

---

"Maybe you're not so bad," Chaeyoung said as she was walking down the schoolyard with Sana. The two had started to talk more a few days after their first meeting (mostly because Sana had asked her out almost every day). Sana actually turned out to be a lot smarter than Chaeyoung gave her credit for as well.

"Thanks, coming from you, this really means something," she laughed, Chaeyoung chuckling as well. 

"I'm still not gonna go out with you."

Sana nodded. "I know, I think we're better off as friends anyway."

Chaeyoung actually considered saying yes to a date with Sana, there was no doubt the Japanese was one of the prettiest girls Chaeyoung has ever seen. But Sana was right, they could work as friends, but anything beyond that would end in a huge mess.

---

About two months later the both of them were sitting on Sana's bed. Even though they haven't known each other that long, there was that bond that told them their friendship would be something special, as cheesy as that sounded. 

"What's bothering you?" Sana asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I can see it in your face. And you're acting different today. Something's not right there, you can trust me. Talking will help."

Chaeyoung sighed. She was actually going to open up to someone else, told you their friendship was something else.

"It's kind of cliché actually. My dad left when I was young and my mom, well, she now works many part-time jobs to get some money. She always works so hard, to take care of me and she always tries to hide when she's tired or hurt. I don't know how to help her, she won't let me take any jobs so that I can focus on school. And these rich kids in our class are always looking down on me and my mom. Why is it that they have so much money and don't have to work for it?"

"I...might have an idea," Sana said. She could understand Chaeyoung. Even though she herself came from a rather wealthy family, she knew what it was like to work extremely hard for something and still get nothing in the end. 

"What?"

"Let's play heroes. Take the money from the bad guys and put the money to good use. Donate it or something."

"You want to steal from other people?" Chaeyoung asked, incredulously.

"Well, yes. But it's good stealing..."

"That's not even a thing, man, I really wouldn't expect something like this from you."

"So are you in?"

They exchanged a knowing smile and after a while Chaeyoung answered,

"Let's do it."

---

What initially sounded like a more or less good idea (even if it was a horrible one to start with), soon turned into something irreversible that they sure would regret later.

They underestimated what it meant to actually become a criminal and just after a few weeks of stealing stuff the good guys became the bad ones. They realized they had the power to threaten people, were taken seriously and these were some of the things that made them lose track of what they actually wanted to achieve.

Now it wasn't so much about helping Chaeyoung's mother, even though the Korean girl still left a part of the money for her, but more about having fun and using the money for their own fun. New clothes, getting wasted from time to time, you name it.

Their bond grew even more through these actions and the two of them felt free like they never have before.

It was too late to change now, and honestly, they didn't even want to.


"Hey, isn't this the chick from last week?" Chaeyoung asked, nudging Sana as she saw Tzuyu walking towards them, the dog next to her.

Sana shrieked in surprise, already walking faster.

"Tzuyu!"

The girl looked up, smiling at Sana. "Hey."

"You're too gay for your own good," Chaeyoung mumbled as she jogged behind Sana to catch up to them. 

"You look beautiful today," Sana commented, making Tzuyu blush and Chaeyoung roll her eyes. 

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself. Hey, everything good with your girlfriend?" Tzuyu asked, looking at Chaeyoung.

"What?" 

"You know...the messed up surprise."

"Oh!" Chaeyoung's eyes widened. "Yeah, we're good, I'll just do it another time."

"Hey...I know we're only talking for the second time, but I was wondering if you'd like to hang out with me sometime?"

Chaeyoung snorted. As if she's gonna say yes to you, she thought.

"Sure, I'd love to actually," Tzuyu replied shyly.

Chaeyoung shook her head. Sana always had her way with the girls.

"Oh, hey there," someone said in a teasing tone, making Chaeyoung jump and widen her eyes.

"H-Hey, uhm-"

"Wow, your girlfriend is really beautiful," Tzuyu said, probably just trying to be nice.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" 

"I'm Tzuyu," she introduced herself, smiling politely at Mina.

"Mina, uhm, I don't-"

"Yes, it's so good to see you babe, can we talk for a minute?" Chaeyoung asked, already dragging Mina away from the other two to prevent the situation from getting worse than it was now, if that was even possible.

"Okay, what's going on here?" Mina asked, eyebrow raised.

"Be my girlfriend, Mina."


Thanks for reading!

If you have any questions about my stories or want to know something else, visit me here. :)