Stirrups and Home Run

Side Chapters to Peutin High

College has never been this hectic for Roa, Nayoung and Yuha. Despite being in the same school with the same department they almost don’t have the time for each other. Weekends were the only time they could go ahead and hang-out.

With the completely new environment the three of them seems to be adjusting in their own pace with Yuha being the slowest in adapting. New people also surround them and they were not aware that there were a lot of Prismatic and Elastin in Koraya. Some of them were also from different countries.

Like in Peutin High, the three of them together with Chungha and Sejeong were one of the most popular students in school. Nayoung and Roa were invited to do the opening pitch for the baseball game of the school. Only the most elite and popular students get the chance thus an honor for both of them.

“I’m sort of nervous” Nayoung said.

“Why? This is not your first time though” Roa replied.

“But this is different, much bigger audience”

Roa stood up from the bed and walked towards Nayoung who was busy drying her hair from the vanity table. She wrapped her arms around Nayoung and rested her chin on her head. Nayoung held Roa’s arms and stayed like this for a while. No words needed, just the warmth of each other. Roa then turned Nayoung around and she lowered herself aligning their faces.  She stared at Nayoung’s eyes and gave her signature handsomely smile.

“You will do fine, I’m the one throwing the ball.”

Nayoung hit Roa’s arm lightly, they laughed and when it stopped Roa found the opportunity to crash her lips to Nayoung’s. The kiss lasted for a few minutes as they both need to stop their raging hormones. The room is not theirs, it is a shared room with Yuha.

“Oh, did I bother you from doing something? I should give you more time” Yuha said.

“Shut-up!” Roa said while throwing a pillow to Yuha which the younger was able to dodge.

“Get inside Yuha” Nayoung added.

“I thought I might be interrupting you”

“No, we are just talking”

“Unnie, the look from Roa tells me that she wanted to eat you alive” Roa then went to Yuha and lightly head lock the short-blonde.

“Ack, Roa, ouch, I’m just kidding, unnie! Stop your girlfriend please! Ack”

Nayoung just shook her head with the wittiness of the two, Yuha has been a very good friend to both of them. Nayoung saw giving the I-surrender-sign which made Roa loosen her grip.

“You know these are the times that I miss Kyulkyung so much”

“What you mean?” Roa asked.

“Times I can cuddle with her”

This time a flying pillow went straight to Yuha’s face. Yuha protested but the culprit didn’t care. Nayoung told the both of them to stop and go to sleep.

-0-

Roa and Nayoung head to the gymnasium to prepare for the first pitch ceremony.  Both of them were wearing the same shirt as a statement that they are a couple. They were handed their baseball uniform with their name written on the back.

The two of them were given time to practice and know-how. One baseball player approached Nayoung and was assisting her on how to hold the bat. Roa’s eyes were piercing that the guy decided to go ahead and distance himself from Nayoung. He instructed Nayoung with almost 20 meters distance.

Roa acted cutely and gave her lavishing smile to Nayoung, the older girl responded by doing the Bubu dance that they once performed in Peutin High. “Bubu” is also the term they use as an endearment.  Roa’s smile grew bigger and responded with the same gesture.

They continued practicing when two mascots appeared. They greeted the two and welcomed them. Roa noticed that the male mascot keeps on coming towards Nayoung. She then decided to come closer to Nayoung and fixed her hair.

Time has come and they were about to do the pitch. They were assisted by the mascot but Roa saw that the male mascot keeps on holding Nayoung’s hand. Her jealousy spikes up and come-up with a plan.

“Hold her hand again and I swear I will break you” Roa told herself.

Her thoughts were broken when they were asked to say something to the cheering crowd. They couldn’t believe that they were that popular especially as freshmen students. The two of them gave each other a warm smile.

Roa situated herself on the field as she was handed a pink gloves to throw the ball. Nayoung was given a red shinny bat by the male mascot. Though the man was wearing a head mascot, Roa could clearly see that the guy is trying to hit on Nayoung. There her last straw, the mascot held Nayoung’s hand again. Roa planned for a perfect revenge he can do to the mascot. They were standing beside Nayoung.

Being a manipulator of quintessence, the ability to control air as well, Roa readied herself to throw the ball. She gave a perfect pose that accentuated her figure which made almost all the people watching dropped their jaw. She threw the ball directly to the catcher but an air blew and it hit the mascot’s head first before landing to the catcher’s hand. The mascot rolled to the ground which made everyone watching laugh.

Nayoung knew what Roa did and gave her a questioning look. Roa just shrugged her shoulders. The mascot stood up and took Nayoung, he still held Nayoung’s hand which makes Roa’s anger spike up again.

While walking towards the benches, Roa controlled one of the player’s mind to stick his foot out. The mascot tripped over the foot and once again rolled on the field. Roa laugh her heart out which made Nayoung hit her lightly.

They sat on the benches and watch the game. Nayoung’s attention was on the game but she can clearly see that Roa was staring at her. She clung to Roa’s arms and rested her head on her shoulder. Roa gave a peck on Nayoung’s head.

“I know what you did to the mascot” Nayoung said.

“Serves him right”

“What did the mascot do?”

“That ugly monster was holding your hand, no one else holds your hand other than me” Roa said that holding Nayoung’s hand and kissing it. Nayoung hit Roa again lightly.

Roa was randomly whispering cheesy things to Nayoung’s ears which made the older girl cringe. She will hit Roa once in a while for teasing her.

“You are doing it again” Roa commented.

“What?”

“Your usual stone face”

Roa kept on teasing Nayoung but she could see that she was enjoying it. The two continued to fool around each other while watching the baseball game. Roa would glare to the boys and girls who would try to come near Nayoung because she knew that they were trying to hit on Nayoung.

The game was over and time for them to go home. They head to the locker room to change. Roa was leaning on the table watching Nayoung do her thing. The latter noticed this and heads toward her. She wrapped her arms around Roa’s neck while the slightly taller girl held her by the waste.

They look at each other’s eyes, smile and like the usual cycle, ended up kissing each other. It was needless to say, Roa and Nayoung clearly knew what they want but just looking at each other’s eyes. Something that only the two of them could do.

--0--
A/N: There you go! The final pairing for the side chapter. And yes this is inspired by their recent baseball first picth ceremony. 
Thank you guys for reading my fics religiously. I hope that you guys like it and also please fo read the other fics that I wrote. Thanks.