Red Velvet and Castella

Side Chapters to Peutin High

Rena was kind of excited as this would be her first time visiting Xiyeon at home. Though the school had started, they once in a while go and feel the presence of their homes. Rena was looking outside while listening to her playlist, she didn’t notice that they reached their destination.

The car stopped in a massive gate, a voice started to blast from the speakers and her driver asked her what to respond.

“I’m with Ms. Kang Rena and we are here to….”

Her driver was cut-off when the gate all of a sudden opened. Rena’s jaw dropped upon seeing the vast greenfield on the side of the driveway, different kinds of flowers also adorn the pathway to the receiving area. The car completely stopped and a man opened the door for her. She smiled at the man whom she knew was the chauffer.

“The young lady is waiting for you ma’am” the man politely said.

Rena nodded and she was lead to where Xiyeon was waiting, the main door is made of the most expensive in the world. She knew that Xiyeon was rich but she didn’t expect that she would be this rich.

She was lead to the kitchen were Xiyeon was busy with something. With the flour and various pastries she sees, she sort of knew that Xiyeon was attempting to bake. Xiyeon’s attention from the pastries was broken when the chauffer told her that she was there. Xiyeon smiled at her and gestured her hand for her to come.

“What are you doing?” Rena asked.

“I’m trying to bake some cakes” Xiyeon responded.

“What for?”

“I invited them to come.”

“All of our friends?”

“Yeaps, help me with this please.”

Rena nodded. There were flours but she saw that they were unopened, she saw various baking ingredients but they were all untouched. She sort of knew that Xiyeon bought all the pre-made cakes and breads that were on the table.

“Wow this is delicious!” Rena exclaimed.

“That’s called Castella, don’t it all” Xiyeon said.

Rena was watching Xiyeon do her thing while she was putting cream on the muffins. She saw Xiyeon brought out a huge bag of cream. Xiyeon cut the end part of it and put some on the cake she was doing.

“Is that how you supposed to do it?” Rena asked.

“Yes, this is what I saw on Youtube” Xiyeon replied.

“So, this is your first time doing this?”

“Young lady, your other guest is here.” The chauffer interrupted their conversation.

A young tall lady appeared before them. Her looks tells Rena that she is not a pure Korean but her beauty is captivating. She saw Xiyeon ran towards her and was welcomed by a warm hug. Rena played it cool, just two friends haven’t seen each other, she thought to herself. She then saw Xiyeon reaching for her hand and they walked together with their hands clasped together. Rena thought that was just a small thing.

“This is Somi, my friend and this is Rena my girlfriend.” Xiyeon introduced the two.

“Nice to meet you” Somi said offering her hand. Rena thinks for a while. She smiled and reached for her hand.

“Nice to meet you too.”  

The two of them were helping Xiyeon with her baking. Rena could see how sweet they were to each other. She was restraining herself from being jealous but Somi was being touchy to Xiyeon. She decided to go between them as she couldn’t bear her girlfriend being too close someone else.

Time had passed and their friends arrived. Xiyeon also introduced Somi to each other. She would also boast about Somi’s achievement which added to Rena’s jealousy. Yuha could notice the young Kang’s sudden gloomy state. She knew that Rena was jealous.

Few minutes later, Xiyeon excuse herself, she went to the kitchen with Eunwoo and Kyulkyung. Xiyeon was planning to give Rena a special cake, she tried to sprinkle some sugar on the cake she made, it formed a cute tiger but Eunwoo shakes it deforming the tiger. Xiyeon was surprised with the prank of Eunwoo. Kyulkyung had to kick her out. She tried the other cake that Xiyeon made and encourages Xiyeon with the taste.

“It taste decent”  

“Eunwoo unnie just ruined my tiger cake”

“Can you try to fix it?”

“I don’t think so”

“Don’t worry she will appreciate that”

“But….argh nevermind”

They went back and saw that Rena was looking gloomy. Somi just shared how she and Xiyeon were close. The attention went to Xiyeon and she added some stories of her and Somi, this reached Rena’s jealousy to the highest level.

“Haist!” Rena said loudly surprising everyone. She stood up and went to the balcony.

She didn’t know that Xiyeon followed her. Xiyeon tried to prank Rena but she turned to her all of a sudden. Xiyeon does not know what was wrong with Rena.

“What’s wrong?”

“Why did you invite Somi here?”

“She’s my friend too, I want all my friends to meet”

“I know but she’s…I don’t know!” after hearing that reply, Xiyeon hugged Rena from behind. She now know that Rena was jealous.

“You’re jealous. “ Rena removed Xiyeon’s hand from her waist and faced her.

“I’m not”

“Come on, it’s okay to jealous”

“I said I’m not!”

“You know, Somi is really a good friend and…”

“Stop it!”

“See you’re jealous”

“Okay fine, I’m jealous, I can’t be jealous, I haven’t been jealous, just now”

Xiyeon move forward and wrapped her arms around Rena’s neck. She looked at her, teasing her with her eyes and all. Xiyeon’s smile was making Rena weak but she would not fall for Xiyeon’s pretty smile.

Xiyeon broke the hug and pulled out a small box. She handed it to Rena and the latter opened it. She saw a cake in a glass wrapped with ribbon.

“It was supposed to be a tiger red-velvet cake but Eunwoo unnie ruined it”

“Aish that girl, Imma burn her later”

“Try it”

Xiyeon handed a spoon to Rena. The older girl gave it a try and was surprised how tasty the cake was. She gave her a thumbs-up which made Xiyeon smile.

---0---
A/N: Inspired by Xiyeon's life research V Live, I give you this side chapter. This is pretty lame but yeah. How are you liking Pristin's fandom name? Hello to my fellow HIghs, we are all HIgh for them.