Convex and Concave

Side Chapters to Peutin High

“Are you sure we are doing it?” Eunwoo asked.

“Yes, I thought you want it?” Kyla replied.

“I do but don’t you think it is too early to do this. I mean we are still both young and you are still a minor.” Kyla went closer and held Eunwoo’s face, she smiled at her.

“Is age being an issue now?”

“No…but”

“No more buts and what if, we are doing it” Kyla said and went back to what she was doing.

Ever since the day Kyla proposed to do it, Eunwoo kept on asking Kyla if she was sure. It’s not been a year since they started dating and Eunwoo thought that they are going too fast. Not that she didn’t like it, she just felt that she was not yet ready.

Kyla suggested meeting her parents. Eunwoo was surprised when Kyla told her that. She was happy to know that Kyla would introduce her to her parents but she felt like it was too early. She never thought that this day would come earlier than what she expected.

Not that she wanted her relationship with Kyla to be kept as a secret. Her parents do know that she’s in a relationship too but she just felt like that she was not ready yet.

Kyla’s parents were coming for a vacation and Kyla thought that it would be good if they would meet the girl that she loves. What Eunwoo was worried about was if her parent’s would like her.

They both know that they were polar opposites. They’re convex and concave. It was actually a miracle that they fell in love with each other when none of their trait or like were similar. Eunwoo’s loud and Kyla didn’t like wasting her energy talking. Eunwoo’s hyper while Kyla is reserved. Eunwoo likes going out and Kyla is a home buddy.

Eunwoo didn’t want to disappoint Kyla’s parents. She was not eyeing to impress them but she hopes that they would at least not have a bad impression. Kyla’s parents coming from an English speaking country was not helping either. Her English was poor. Kyla told her that her parents do speak Korean but still, Eunwoo wanted to at least converse to them in Kyla’s first language.

“Rena help me” Eunwoo pleaded.

“What can I do for you?” Her fellow 1998 buddy replied.

“Kyla and I is finally doing it”

Rena chokes on her water upon hearing it. She didn’t know that Eunwoo and Kyla took that seriously.

 “Are you sure?”

“Yes, Kyla wants to”

“I know you love each other but Kyla is a minor!”

“What the heck are you thinking about? Kyla and I are meeting her parents, that’s what are we going to do.”

“Ah, my goodness”

“You and your green-minded mind!”

“The way you explain it gave me a thought that…anyways, what’s wrong then?”

“Teach me English!”

Rena stopped then laughed hard. For the first time in the history of their friendship, Eunwoo showed eagerness in studying. What’s even more surprising was she wanted to study a language that she really hates.

Rena was on her tummy. Eunwoo whined about it. Sungyeon and Yehana came and saw the almost dying from laughter Rena. Eunwoo explained and Sungyeon offered to help too.

-0-

She didn’t realize that she would be doing this for Kyla. Time passes by and the date for meeting Kyla’s parents was coming nearer. She sighed in defeat and rested her head in her study table.

“Eunwoo! Kyla is here”

“Tell her to come up mom”

Kyla saw her girlfriend whose head was on her study table. She pulled another chair and sat beside her worried girlfriend. She poked her sides that made Eunwoo look up. Kyla couldn’t take the pouting beauty in front of her.

“What’s wrong?” the maknae asked.

“I’m studying hard but nothing is going in my head”

“Why are you studying English in the first place?”

“I just want to be presentable in front of your parents”

“You are, you don’t need to.”

Kyla gave Eunwoo the brightest smile. She held her face and gave her a peck on her forehead. Eunwoo was really thankful. Kyla was the most understanding girlfriend there was. She hugged Kyla and stayed like that for a while.

-0-

The day that Eunwoo was preparing came. She prepared herself and hopes that she would not create any mess.

Kyla was waiting downstairs. Eunwoo was incredibly taking too much time, she waited patiently. She knew her girlfriend was worried.

“Eunwoo you are taking too much time! Kyla’s been waiting!” her mother shouted.

“Coming” Eunwoo replied.

 Kyla’s jaw dropped upon seeing Eunwoo dressed in floral dress. Her hair was let down but added beauty to her. Her black boots were also a killer. Eunwoo’s really pretty.

“Wow, it’s not our prom right?” Kyla joked. Eunwoo laughed and hit her girlfriend lightly.

They boarded the car that was waiting outside. As they were nearing Kyla’s house, Eunwoo’s hands were sweaty. She held Kyla’s hands and the latter could feel how tense she was.

They stepped out of the car and Eunwoo was nervous. Kyla held her hand and squeeze that loosen Eunwoo a bit but she was still worried.

Kyla stopped walking and face Eunwoo. She hugged her and gave her a quick kiss. She held her hand and kissed it. She stared at Eunwoo lightly.

“I know you have been worried and I just want you to relax. Everything will be alright”

“I’m just worried what if…”

And like the first time they met, Eunwoo was shut by Kyla’s lips. It lasted for some minutes and Eunwoo finally came to her senses. She felt like Kyla was controlling her.

“Just stay as you are. I love you for who you are and I am sure they will like you” Kyla assured.  Eunwoo smiled and they continued to walk.

Kyla and Eunwoo entered the building where Kyla’s parents live. Since they usually are overseas, Kyla’s parents decided to have an apartment. They entered the house and were greeted by a handsome man. It was Kyla’s older brother. She then was greeted by her younger sister.  

Kyla’s mother leads them to the dining table. The table was not that big but foods of every kind were served.

“So how long have you been dating?” Kyla’s father asked.

“Not more than a year, Sir”

“I see. I heard you control light and sound, so you are an Elastin?”

“Yes, sir”

“She is dad.  Eunwoo is also a good singer”

“Waah that’s nice to hear, can you sing now?” Kyla’s younger sister said.

“Shut-up Lami!”

“My Kyla here is still young, I hope you will take care of her”

“Yes sir, you can count on me with that” Eunwoo replied with the brightest smile.

The diner was done and thankfully Eunwoo did not mess it up. She felt that Kyla’s family does like her. She was thankful that Kyla would be there for her.

They decided to take a stroll near Eunwoo’s house. Hands were held and just enjoying the moment. No one was talking, the sound of the chipping birds were music to their ears. They saw a bench and decided to take a seat.

Eunwoo rested her head in Kyla’s arms. The latter gave her a peck on her head. She looked at her and smiled.

“What?” Kyla asked.

“Nothing, I’m just happy. I’m glad that they like me”

“I told you, just be yourself”

“Soon I will be in senior year and you will be in sophomore, soon we will be in different schools”

“You will wait for me right?”

“Of course, I can also wait until the day we can do it…”

Eunwoo stopped and covered . Kyla laughed at her. She pinched her cheek.

“You will also wait for that day right?”

“Yes! I can wait for 5 more years!” Kyla laughed at Eunwoo’s cuteness.

“Wait…isn’t it in your country 16 is the legal age?” Kyla’s eyes widened. Eunwoo then said that she was just joking.

They both laughed and enjoyed the moment. Eunwoo rested her head on Kyla’s arms again while Kyla’s arms were wrapping Eunwoo’s body. They stayed like this for a while and just stare at the stars in the sky.