Chapter 4

Falling To Pieces

Warnings: nothing really, maybe slight mention of blood. Idk.

 

Yifan and Junmyeon started a gang when they were both fifteen. 

Junmyeon had gone to the same school as Yifan but was in the lower grade. As the new kid he got picked on a lot. It would be easier if Yifan was there. His height (and eyebrows) scaring most people off. That would still not stop them though. They would find him by himself sometimes when Yifan had class and then the bullying would start.

Obviously with what his father did, he would think that he would be a lot braver but no. He was still the scared, small Junmyeon that was under his father's control. He knew that being with Yifan made him safe, and the elder boy meant and still kept that promise of protecting him. 

But Yifan wasn't always there to keep him safe. He was walking down from school one day, Yifan had to stay at school to do his after school practice for basketball and the library wasn't open for Junmyeon to go to and wait. Where he usually went. So, he had to go home by himself. Yifan would take too long after school and it would get dark. The neighbourhood was calm. The news about his father's death had passed. The body was buried with no reason as to why he died. Unknown, they said. Which was a big relief for Junmyeon. 

He always hated this alley that he had to walk through to go to Yifan's home. There was no way around it so he had to go through it, in order to get to safety. Clearing his mind and keeping caution, Junmyeon clutched his bagpack closer to her body and walked through the alley. It wasn't dark outside but in the alley, the trees overhanging made it darker and scarier.

Junmyeon heard a noise and looked up, he sighed a relief when it was just a bird rustling through the trees. He really didn't want to be in here. The small boy started to walk faster. The faster he gets through this the faster he gets home and safe.

Suddenly, he tripped and fell, his reaction of holding his hands out failed on him. Going on his knees, he felt a push on his back and fell back on the ground, his chest hitting it with a thud.

He turned his head around to see someone standing there. He was tall but he looked like a boy not an adult. Junmyeon felt a hand grab the hood of his hoodie and pull him up. The smaller boy definitely recognised that face. 

"P-please don't hurt me." Junmyeon stuttered out, he tried not to cry but his eyes were defying him.

"Hurt you? I'm gonna do more than that." 

Before he knew it there was a fist met with his eye. His cheek. Lip. Nose. Stomach. He was then shoved hard to the ground. 

Junmyeon got a rush of adrenaline, he managed to stand up to his father (before when he actually killed his father) so he can stand up to a school bully. He ignored the blood and pain from his limbs and stood up, ready to fight. He wasn't very good at it but he was going to try. He had played fighting games with Yifan. So, it counted, right?

Shaking his head to focus his concentration, he managed to duck before another swing of the other boy's arm hit him. Junmyeon clenched his fist and went straight for the taller boy's stomach. The elder boy bent over from the hit so Junmyeon kneed him in his stomach and landed a punch on the boy's temple, resulting in him knocking down on the floor. 

Junmyeon stared down at the boy lying on the floor, eyes closed. He started to panic when the boy wasn't breathing. The rhythm of his chest was still. Junmyeon started to hyperventilate and his palms starting to sweat. He didn't know what to do. Yifan would know. He blinked his eyes to get the blurriness cleared before running in the opposite direction of his home.

He ran as fast as his little legs could carry him. He came to a sudden halt when he bumped into someone's chest. Junmyeon would've panicked even more if it wasn't for the scent he had grown to recognise. 

Arms wrapped around his body in an instant as he cried silently into Yifan's chest. 

"Junmyeon? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Yifan looked down, as Junmyeon turned his head up, glossy brown eyes staring into the taller boy's ones. 

"I-I killed again. I hit him. He wasn't breathing. He's dead." Junmyeon's body was trembling so Yifan held him closer. That was when he noticed the bruised and blood. 

"Jun? Did he do this to you? Stupid question, Yifan. He thought to himself. He wanted to make sure though. A slight nod in his chest, Yifan slowly pushed Junmyeon so that he could hold the latter at arms length. "He hit you first, it was self defence, OK?" A nod. "You won't get in trouble, okay?" Another nod. "C'mon." Yifan gently took the younger boy's wrist and pulled him back through the alley.

"Wait, Yifan. Where are we going?" Yifan turned to Junmyeon.

"To get rid of the body. And then, we're going to get your bruises treated."

Junmyeon looked hesitate to but trust Yifan nonetheless. He slightly nodded before following the taller boy.


Yifan cracked open his eyes and smiled at the dream he had. It was the first time Junmyeon and him made a gang. He had said, from now on, we're creating a gang and looking out for each other, this is our protection.

He had helped Junmyeon get better at his fighting. The younger male caught up and was fighting like a pro. Now handling guns, knives and all the weaponry he could find. He could take down a man with his fists. He knew every trick and trade. Every mechanism. Every fight action. From that day he became Suho, one of the strongest most powerful fighters in South Korea.

The elder male had never expected this and that was one of the many things that he inspired in the younger. He sat up from where he was slouched over the office table and rubbed his stiff neck. He was up all night trying to find where Monsta X would've taken Junmyeon and Luhan to B.A.P. But he had no luck. They were one of the strongest gangs that EXO have gone up against.

There was a small knock from the door, Yifan sighed before standing up and walking over to it. He asked, "Who is it?" 

"Kyungsoo."

The small voice made Yifan's heart hurt. He opened the door with a sad smile on his lips. 

"How are you?"

Kyungsoo came in and sat on the couch after Yifan. "I'm okay. It just...hurts seeing him like this. So...broken." 

Yifan placed his palm on Kyungsoo's shoulder and gave it a comfortable squeeze. "It will take some time, but he will heal. Jongin, he's a fighter. He won't give up that easy, Kyungsoo."

The younger nodded and looked back at Yifan, his eyes glossy. It reminded him of Junmyeon's. So delicate but broken on the inside. "You think so?"

"Yeah. He loves you. With all his heart. He's strong." It was funny how Yifan was saying this to Kyungsoo but he knew that it was a kind of reassurance to himself. To cope with Junmyeon not being here. In his arms. But the only thing was he's not strong. He may look it but in the inside he's crashed. Shut down.

"Thankyou." Kyungsoo whispered, barely audible but Yifan heard. "Urm... I also came in because there was a note in Jongin's pocket. We assumed they put it in when they knocked him down. It says they want money and..." Kyungsoo hesitated and the look from Yifan made him carry on. "You. You need to go to them. Alone. With the money."

"How much?" Yifan now scowled. He didn't mean to frighten Kyungsoo as the look on the latter's face said it all. Noticing he relaxed his face.

"Too much. Money we can't get." Kyungsoo looked down at his feet and fiddled with the paper in his hands.

"Is that it?" Yifan asked. When Kyungsoo nodded, the taller male took the piece of paper out of the smaller male's hand's and read it. He released a sigh and looked back at the younger male. "Go to Jongin. I'll figure this out."

Kyungsoo nodded before standing up and walking out the office, giving one last glance to the Chinese leader who's eyes were transfixed on the white paper.

Yifan stared holes into the paper before saying in a quiet voice. "I will find you, my love."


To be continued...
---
A/N: thankyou for reading. And thankyou so much for the subs. It makes me so happy! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it's so short, I know. I wanted it longer but I saved it for next chapter.