Of Different Poles

Phantasmata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Opposites.We differ in thoughts and opinions, but feelings would always remain unchanged. |

 

-/-

Jiwoo walked towards the dining area. "Good morning. I'm surprised to see you being awake this early," she plainly greeted.

Matthew put a fried egg on a plate from a pan. Then he removed his apron and hang it on a rack.  "My apologies. I cooked only for myself. Would you like some too?"

"No. Don't have to. I'm just here to know your plans for the week. You know, some kind of monitoring."

He brought his plate and sat on a dining chair. "Uhhmmm... The usual thing. Applying for a job, attending job interviews and being rejected after," he took a bite of his food.

"Oh. But, you have to remember that you need to finish by this week."  she sat on a chair across him.

"Is that so?"

"Yes."

"But, don't you think this is hopeless?"

"No."

"Are you trying to joke with me?"

"Do I look like I'm joking?"

"I've been rejected for three weeks already. Can't you see that no matter what I do, it makes no sense? If I continue being this pathetic, it'll be a four-week rejection for me. I know that you knew this wouldn't work in the first place. Should I tell your boss that I'd rather die?"

"You were not rejected. We both know that. I truly believe that you'd at least finish your initial task."

"Then is it acceptance if all they wanted is for me to help them by using my family background?"

Her phone rang as she immediately looked at it. She knew what it meant. How could it be this early?

"Sorry but I was told that you committed an offense on the 20th clause. I have no choice but to add a task for you."

"Is that so? Go ahead."

"The reason also behind that is per stated in Article VI, 'Failure to finish any task would result to any of the sanctions mentioned on Article III'."

"So what's my other punishment?"

"A 3-day reduction of your term."

"Fine."

"What do you mean by 'fine'?"

"Do it."

The woman mocked in disbelief, "Are you serious with that?"

"Yes."

"You know what will happen if we fail."

"We? Maybe you mean if I fail? I clearly have an idea what will happen. I'll die. Right?"

She closed her eyes briefly to contain her anger inside. Obviously, clearly did not want to lose her cool in front of him. As much as possi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter