Legally Bound

Phantasmata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Bound. What I taught were shackles were the pieces of hope that make me keep going. |

 

-/-

The two of them proceeded to the dining room. What shocked the man more is he saw the table with foods for breakfast.

She clarified, "I did not prepare that because of you and not because I wanted to. I just want to spare my ears from your excuses. Now, seat down."

"Fine fine. If you didn't prepare these for me, then I don't think I should eat them."

"I told you I don't wanna hear any excuses from like 'I need to go to the bathroom' or 'I'm gonna get water and go eat since I'm hungry'," she mimicked his voice as she rolled her eyes.

He took a seat on one of the chairs. "Ne...ne...I'm just kidding. You don't have to be too much serious."

Noticing how she remained standing, he looked at her confusedly. "Aren't you going to enjoy these delicious-looking foods with me? I'm willing to share. I'm quite generous most especially to cute girls like you," he wondered.

"Should I repeat my words again? I'm not person so I don't have feelings."

"I know that. Feelings? What's the connection of it with sharing a meal with me?"

"Don't you get it? I cannot feel any emotions. I don't even feel hunger and sleep is optional for me."

Matthew sadly responded, "Ah...That...Yeah... Sorry."

Her eyes rolled once again after hearing what's inside his mind. She sat on the chair across him which made her earn a more flabbergasted stare from him. "Don't look at me like that. I suppose you don't want to eat alone. Am I right?" she explained.

"Ahh...Uh...Yah! Will you stop doing that? You're invading my privacy."

"It's not like I have any choice to do so. I happen to hear it without any intention. You're simply just too loud enough to broadcast your whereabouts. And, do you think I like reading your mind? That's stupid."

"Okayyy... Why are you so mad at me?"

Jiwoo just ignored him and looked at him straightly, "Now eat so we could talk about our contract. My time's too precious to waste."

.

 

.

 

.

"I suppose you're full now, so let's move forward to our agreement."

"If you say so. Where's the contract? Is it something made from dust or wooden tablet?"

She placed a stack of stapled papers and a pen on his table. "You may want to read it first before signing. I'll allow you to do so, but do not consume much time. You're not illiterate for me to elaborate the tiny bits of details enclosed in this contract. I made the clauses much simpler for you. They're self-explanatory, if you'd notice. Go ahead. Read it," her words are so indifferent and too lazy to explain things to him.

The young man held the paper and stared at it carefully. He is still overwhelmed due to the fact that everything seems to be so unreal for him. A contract with the Ruler above? Is he really alive? Or is he already in the doomed place?

"If you'll ask me if this is real, then it is. Or if you want to know if you can turn back and disregard this contract, you can. But I'm not sure about the threshold of pain you can get with its consequences. What I have shown you last time might or might not be enough to let you experience it. It's up to your choice."

"Uhmmm...Ok.... I'll read it first."

She added, "And if you're wondering, we could actually negotiate some of the terms. If we come up with a mutual decision, then we could modify it. Modify not change. I better go ahead first to give you an ample time. I'll be back after an hour to hear your decision. Mind you. It's 1 hour not two or three. I'm not letting your justifications pass this time. Should you have any inquiries, violent reactions and complaints, just tell them later. Goodbye," her presence dissipated like air in a second.

"Hey wait! Aigoo! WAHHH! I am definitely doomed," he whimpered as he messed up his hair.

.

 

.

 

.

Form: 1004

 

GENERAL PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT

THIS GENERAL PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT effective this month of *** 2017 by and between Jiwoo / 지우,    hereinafter referred to as "Promisee", and Matthew Kim / 김우진 / 김진석, hereinafter referred to as "Promisor", each individual hereinafter sometimes referred to as "Partner."

NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the premises and the mutual covenants and agreements set forth herein, the parties agree as follows:

W I T N E S S E T H:

WHEREAS, the parties hereto, having confidence in each other, do hereby desire to form with each other a general partnership as the most advantageous business form for their mutual purposes;

 

ARTICLE I

Purpose and Powers

The partnership shall operate for the purposes of engaging in the general practice of law in accordance with all rules and regulations of the Ruler above. The partnership shall  have and exercise all powers now or hereinafter conferred by the Heaven for a general partnership organized pursuant to its laws, as may now exist or hereafter may be enacted, all in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein.

 

ARTICLE II

Terms and Conditions

The "PROMISOR" is hereby obligated to fulfill his duties and responsibilities towards the "PROMISEE." He/she must abide to the following rules and regulations mentioned in this article.

[1.] Confidentiality is of highest priority in the partnership. He/she must not disclose, by any means, a part or clause that pertains to whatever is enclosed in the contract. No one, except for the parties involved, must have knowledge about the said partnership. Failure to comply would result to immediate termination of the contract.

[2.] The parties involved must both observe respect to each other. Furthermore, the Promisor is obligated to respect any individual around him.

[3.] Professionalism must be observed in order to prevent the delay of achieving progress with regards to the assigned tasks. The parties involved must always maintain their professional relationship with each other.

[4.] Honesty is another high priority of this agreement. Both parties are not allowed to keep secrets, in relation to the tasks, to each other. Non-related matters to the tasks are exempted in this clause.

[5.] The promisor is prohibited to be engaged in any form of violence that can cause minor or major injury, critical condition and demise of any individual.

[6.] Both parties are not allowed to engage in a relationship more than what is required in the contract. See Clause #3.

[7.] He/she must never hurt himself/herself intentionally which may cause the delay of the tasks assigned to him/her. Intentional stoppage of tasks would result to certain sanctions.

[8.] Time must never be wasted for unimportant matters. He/she must respect, as well as comply to it always.

[9.] All forms of indecent actions are strictly forbidden (e.g. promiscuity). The promisor may engage to a monogamous relationship, but must adhere to the Clauses #1 and #4.

[10.] He/she must take care of his health by all means and must comply to related clauses: #12 and #13.

[11.] The Promisor is allowed to tell the Promisee when he/she is physically unwell. It would be upon the approval of the latter to determine the truthfulness in the said matter of the former.

[12.] The use of illegal and recreational drugs is strictly prohibited. See Clause #10.

[13.] He/she must not drink alcoholic drinks in excess that may cause or aggravate health problems. Socializing with friends and drinking are allowed, but must be done in moderation and must be upon the approval of the other party involved.

[14.] In case of untoward incidents, he/she may or may not be allowed to have a range of one (1) day to fourteen (14) days of leave, which is upon the discretion of the Promisee.

[15.] Tasks must be done with all honesty and diligence. These should be completely finished during the assigned date and time. A justifiable resting period would be given by the Promisee during the timeframe of the tasks.

[16.] He/she must always be present during the day of the tasks. Absence/s may result to certain consequences.

[17.] Time management is a must. He/she must be able to finish the task on the required time (when it should be finished). Refer to Clause #15 .

[18.] He/she must refrain saying disrespectful words towards the other party, and other people, in accordance to Clause #2. In the same manner (towards the Promisor), the Promisee should adhere to it as well.

[19.] If tasks are accomplished ahead of time, he/she may  request for a (1) day leave (which can vary, e.g. : once a month) during the duration of the contract depending on his/her performance, and upon the approval of the Promisee.

[20.] Complaints and violent reactions with regards to the tasks given would only be addressed if proper justifications would be given by the Promisor.

 

Special Terms and Conditions:

The following clauses should be filled by both parties, and it is upon their decision on which numbers would be filled by the both of them. These are of equal importance to the other clauses mentioned above. Furthermore, the division of the numbers of clauses to be filled by each party would also be upon their mutual agreement.

[21.]

 

Filled by:

Date:

Signature:

[22.]

 

Filled by:

Date:

Signature:

[23.]

 

Filled by:

Date:

Signature:

[24.]

 

Filled by:

Date:

Signature:

[25.]

 

Filled by:

Date:

Signature:

 

ARTICLE III

Sanctions and Penalties

In order to protect the rights of both parties, certain measures upon the violation of aforementioned terms and conditions, would be duly and unilaterally implemented:

 

[1.] Definite termination of the contract

 1.1. It would be applied if the following clauses are breached: #1, #2, #3*, #4, #5 and #6*.

1.2. The sanction would be automatically applied with regards to the violation of Clause #1.

1.3. Complete ceasing of the tasks and life punishment would be given. 

1.4. The decision of whether or not the rule/s is/are violated, would be given by the Ruler.

1.5. Implementation and delivery of punishment would be solely rendered by the Ruler.

1.6. May be applied to both parties.

 

[2.] Suspension of the contract

2.1. It would be applied if the following clauses are bypassed: #3*, #6*, #7, #9, #10 #12 and #13*. 

2.2. The duration of days would be upon the decision of the Ruler.

2.3. In addition to the complete ceasing of work (during the decided duration of days), it also includes the reduction of days in doing the tasks.

2.4. The decision of whether or not the rule/s is/are violated, would be given by the Ruler.

2.5. Implementation is done by the Ruler and the Promisee (upon the approval of the former).

 

[3.] Reduction of working days

3.1. The duration of days would be decided by the Ruler.

3.2. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter