never judge a book by its cover

Run to you

Seungcheol was sure he's being subtle about it, not until Hyungwon come up to him one time after practice, "Coups?" He calls out, the mentioned man just hums in response, "is there anything you need to tell us? I mean- It wasn't my intention looking through your stuff but you left your bag last time and I'm not sure who's this was but there are so many pills with your name on it, and-" hearing this Seungcheol freezes and sighs, "Don't worry hyung, I'll be fine" he smiles bitterly, "how long?" Hyungwon may seem quite but Seungcheol is still his basketball team leader and his junior, without him, hyungwon probably won't know Minhyuk too, "Does Minhyuk knows about it?" remembering that his boyfriend loves this man like his own brother, he shook his head, "Wonwoo knows," he response opening the bag and take out his pills, "I'm fine as long as I have these with me Hyung" he tries to convince him at least, "Cheol-" the other just shook his head, "This is why I didn't tell anyone about it, all of you would've given me that look, I'm fine, I'm still the same coups or cheol or anyone you know, stop giving me that pathetic look" he finally snapped because of how tired he gets, first Wonwoo now Hyungwon? He just stares at him, "I'm sorry," Cheol just sighs "Me too, but, hyung please, don't tell anyone, i- I'll find a way to survive," he smiles bitterly, again, swallow the lumps in his throat he nods, "Alright," before asking further questions they heard the rest of the team coming into the locker room, "Yo, Coups, your sweetheart already waiting," hearing this Cheol remember that he indeed has a plan with Jeonghan today, patting Hyungwon's shoulder slightly he left, "thanks dude!" Not even bothering they just named Jeonghan 'his sweetheart' 

After yesterday Seungcheol called him the night after, saying that he just forgot one of the assignments that due literally that night and he hasn't done , so he tolerates that, in exchange he promises him to company him studying in the library, as the locker room opens, then appears, Seungcheol in an all black attire, and wears a "USA" blue cap, "Sorry, I was just talking to Hyungwon hyung," he gummily smile, "Don't worry, lets go then," they walked to the library and Jeonghan tells him how's his day was, "One of my professor talks about you today," Seungcheol quirks up, "Oh? What did he say?" remembering the morning talk he just had as he answer "you should really look up to your friend from Business major, he's top student and basketball leader, rather than drown yourself in books without a good decent score why don't you ask Seungcheol for an advice to higher your scores?" He mocks his professor way of saying, Seungcheol laughs at that, "Gosh, I did a lot of kissing to get a good score honestly" he jokes, "So you're an guy huh?" Jeonghan concluded, "I count myself as 'never see a book from its cover'" he said coolly, "liar or you're both? s and guy?" Seungcheol furrowed his eyebrows, "you think I'm straight?" He asked, hearing this Jeonghan's heart beats faster, the 'Choi Seungcheol' who had been hanging out with him is not straight? Holy , he stares blankly, "I'm panual, it doesn't matter to me," he says, nodding understandingly they continue to walk to the library.

In the library, Jeonghan can only turn page by page and still nothing, dammit Seungcheol and his beautiful brown eyes and thick lashes, he can feel those eyes bore to his side as he keeps on turning page after page looking for certain evidence for his argumentative essay, "Y'know, if you keep on turning page by page rather on reading it you won't be able to find it right?" Seungcheol finally comment on Jeonghan's weird attitude all of a sudden, the other just sighs, he hates the class, yet he still in it, "I'm stuck, I don't know what else to write," Jeonghan finally close the book, Seungcheol shift closer to the closed book, 'Human Rights' "You're talking about Human Rights? what kind of class you're in any way," Seungcheol snorts, "Global Issue class, I thought it was interesting until Professor Oh had to ruin the whole point of debating class to a boring history and essay making class," He complains, "Ah, Professor Oh, He's alright, as long as you know how to flatter him with fancy words in your essays, works everytime for me," Cheol grins, considering his suggestion, Jeonghan decided to put s into his essay but polish it with some fancy vocabulary, since he's a language student it won't be that hard, and Seungcheol just play with his phone or lean his head on his arms, after Jeonghan finish with his full-of-bullcrap essay he sees Seungcheol fast asleep in front of him, he could not help to take a picture, and dear God, he's beautiful, Jeonghan cracked a slight smile his thick and long lashes closed covering his warm brown eyes, and he's mouth a little parted, he must be very tired, Jeonghan thought, but he still look effortlessly cute, after carving the picture in front of him into his eyelid he finally shake Seungcheol to wake up, "Cheol- Cheolie~" He calls him and tap his cheeks slightly, "Wake up~" He practically babying him to wake up right now, opening his eyes Seungcheol realized he just fell asleep while waiting on Jeonghan, "I'm sorry" he said groggily as he just wake up, Jeonghan chuckles, "Don't be, I should be the one who said sorry," He frowns a little bit, "No- I owe you for having time together, and instead I left you by falling asleep," he puts too, "But even if you wake up I probably still going to ignore you as I'm doing my work," he assures him that it's not merely his fault, and Cheol nods, "You're done?" He asks, Jeonghan nods too. 

After the exhausting time finishing an essay with Cheol falling asleep now they just wander around the school campus, again, Jeonghan talk anything that he wants to talk about and Seungcheol just listens to him, until Seungcheol, himself doesn't know who or how did it happen that now they end up wander around talking while holding hands, Seungcheol chuckles to himself, this feels right to him, Jeonghan, on the other hand, trying to keep his mind and mouth babbling so he won't have to pulls Seungcheol right there and then and kiss him, the warm from both of their hands spread to both of their bodies, and they finally reach their usual destination, the park, "I really should stop talking sometimes," Jeonghan sighs feeling guilty as he's the one who keeps on ranting about his things, Seungcheol squeezes his hands lightly, "I love it when you talk about your day or simply anything," he confesses, "But, I also want to hear about your day," Jeonghan frowns, at that the other laughs, "My life's boring, not as bright as yours," he says casually, "How so?" Jeonghan asks, "Uhm- I don't know, the brightest part of my day probably listening to your rants," He jokes but deep down he know he mean it, "bull," He snorts but couldn't help to smile too, they stayed there for awhile, "This Friday right?" Jeonghan all of a sudden asks him, Seungcheol just quirked his eyebrows, "The game," Jeonghan reminds him, "AH, yeah, You'll come right?" Seungcheol asks him officially, He cracked a smile, "Of course," Seungcheol smiles and nods, "Good, cause I already reserve you a seat, I told Coach Son that I'll have a guest," at that Jeonghan shot his head up, "Your- your coach knows me?" Jeonghan couldn't believe his ears, He did not even tell Shua yet that he's been 'friends' with Seungcheol, "Of course he knows, all of my teammates know too," Jeonghan's eyes about to come out of its place, and he feel even worse, Shua, Cheol, I'm sorry, "it's not like that, it's just we spend time together quite a lot of time so, when you waited for me they kinda found out then," He blushes, Jeonghan smiles at that, "I'll come, I'll come," He reassure Cheol, and the later nods happily. 

It's 3 days before the game, and Seungcheol has to work his off for both his grades and the game, he texts Jeonghan that he might get super busy for the past few days as he needs to catch up with his classes and practices, knowing that Seungcheol's teammates already knows him anyway it was Wednesday, 2 days before his big game, Jeonghan came to actually sit down and watch him practice, he also brought strawberry milk and onigiri for Seungcheol, he saw him, his smiley, calm, and caring Seungcheol gone and all he see is focused game face, and fast, he surely move fast from one to another he pass the ball to Vernon and catch ahead of him as Vernon passes the ball back to him and he scores, feeling a little of proudness he small clap, the opposite of him is the bench for the players and he saw Wonwoo, Mingyu's boyfriend watching his boyfriend practicing and go back to his book, as the final scoring, scored yet by Seungcheol, Coach Lee blow the whistle and call it finish for the day, almost slumping on the spot Seungcheol recognized the skinny figure sitting by the audience bench wearing a white shirt and grey sweatpants and glasses on, knowing the figure so damn well, he's about to walk to him as he's head start to get dizzy and his vision start to get blurry, Seungcheol dead stop on his track and press a hand to his head, noticing this from a far, Jeonghan stand up from his place was about to walk to him but before that he saw Seungcheol's body went limp and he collapsed, Hyungwon was the first and the closest ran up to him with Minhyuk yelled his name, Jeonghan also ran up to him, "Coups, Hey-" Hyungwon held his head tapping his cheek, the others noticing this also ran up tot he scene, Wonwoo one of the least who know about Cheol's secret trying to pass through sweaty bodies and stand near Hyungwon, Jeonghan sat next to Seungcheol's body, seeing Jeonghan's there some of them did not even realize he was there when they practice but Hyungwon let Jeonghan held his head to his own lap as he pushed Cheol's hair back, "Someone get him a fan and a water," Minhyuk called out, Vernon immediately went to the locker room and back with a small paper and water, Minhyuk trying to fanned him with the paper as Jeonghan keep on calling out his name, 

Hyungwon just stand there not knowing what to do but also concerned by his friend's state, he stared blankly, should I tell Minhyuk? He would've known what to do, Hyungwon thought, but he will most likely breakdown and cry first rather on finding a solution, as he keep on thinking and thinking, finally Seungcheol wake up, and Jeonghan's shoulder looked less tense, not noticing this Hyungwon smiled at the scene, such a thing can affect aa big thing to the skinny figure who's been holding his captain's head and tapping him to wake up, but Hyungwon frowns again, what would he think about Cheol's heart condition? It would've shred him to pieces, he predicts, and maybe it will.

********'

almost there yall, just 1 or 2 more chapters and we're done