Chapter 3

The Day We Fight

7 years later

5th of September. The day when everything I loved was destroyed by them. They came from above the sky, from an unknown place in the universe. Their technology were better than us. Their ships, troops, and even physical appearances. They looked just like us. Humans from outer space.

At first, I thought of them as our saviours from the Spark and Apples, but I was wrong. They came down on Earth to annihilate us and make us slaves. As far as I could remember, there were at least three attacks were reported each week on the radio. Four and other survivors including myself in the mansion were the only people to survive the attacks. We succeeded in defending our beloved home. We are well trained and were ready for combat thanks to Four for teaching us. However, we thought that they will come back in a huge number, so we needed to be ready anytime. Four was an android, a machine that was supposed to kill humans by living with them in disguise. But Four was different from the others. That's what we said. He's a kind, gentle and the most caring person in the world. He was like our father.

Father.
Mother.

My parents. How long has it been since the last time I visited them? I was sure their graves were full of tall grass and vines and couldn't be seen clearly. I missed them so much. The only thing that they left me was an energy sword. I missed them so much and our lovely hotel. We didn't own any house since the last one had been destroyed by a tank from the military. Unfortunately, that tank blew up after that due to a GiApple went berserk and threw a tow truck at it. After that tragedy, we moved into the fortress and lived in a hotel that was located near the Eastern Gates. The GiApple was a bigger version of an Apple. They started to evolved and turned into various type of creatures. They could fly, swim, run faster and move underground. 

My parents died because they were killed by humans. It's because the three of us were immunes. We sneaked into the fortress without being noticed by those Gate Guards.
We were so lucky that time. But, as time passed, many people started to feel suspicious about us. 

The day after Four saved me, we went to the fortress. As soon as we arrived at the hotel, it looked different. Neither noises nor lights were there. Without hesitating, I ran into the hotel and climbed upstairs toward my room. I gasped in surprise as I saw the door was half broken. The other parts of it were scattered across the floor. I walked slowly into the room, hoping that my parents were still alive and were waiting for me. My feet trembled violently as I saw two lifeless bodies were lying on the bloody floor. The bodies were covered in blood. I was speechless at that time. I couldn't believe that the both of my parents were dead. I turned my face to the right and saw a custom made energy sword. It was given to my father by a retired soldier. He gave it because he felt grateful for my father after he helped him to find his missing grandson in the fortress. It was so special to him. So I took it and kept it. In the evening, we buried father and mother at the mansion's backyard. 

That was the story of how I lost my parents. And today, I was witnessing the mansion that was once belonged to Four collapsed. They were shooting lasers at the building mercilessly. I took a glance at my friends, who were sitting near me. They were all armed with weapons and armours. I only wore a light plate on my chest, a pair of arm protectors and leather gloves. I did not wear heavy armours like some other people because I was one of those sword users in the group. Those armours would only make me slow. I needed to be fast in order to use the energy sword efficiently.

They were still firing at our beloved mansion, the place where we grew up and became strong survivors together. There were a lot of memories in it. I was so sad to witness this violation. I looked at the girl beside me. She was sitting on the ground. She was holding two energy swords in her hands and she stared into the distant sky, as if she was wishing for something. Her hair was dark as the night sky, her pale skin gleam in the dark. Her shiny eyes was greyish black in colour. I could see clearly that she was trying to hold the tears up in her eyes. I sighed and smiled wryly. I put an arm over her trembling shoulder and tried to calm her down. 'It's okay Chorong. I'm here for you. Just let it all out.'