Chapter 2

The Day We Fight

"Help!" Luhan screamed as loud as he could. He was being chased by a herd of Apples. Their huge and tall body scared Luhan. They were running like bulls, smashing anything in front of them. Some crashed into cars and trucks. He was running for almost an hour. He felt his feets couldn't take it anymore. So, he stopped. The ape-like monsters surrounded him, ready to pounce on the exhausted boy.  I should not leave the fortress. Luhan thought as he was catching his breath. There's a long knife in his right hand.

Suddenly, he heard a sound of a truck. He tried to find it and there it was, driving towards them. The monsters turned their heads at the truck, looking at it in confusion. 

"Help me!" Luhan screamed again. This time, it was louder than before.
Then a man who wore a black overcoat came out of the window. He's holding a machine gun. 
A machine gun. Luhan thought. He gasped before he sprinted across the road. He ran into a nearby building and hid in there. Those monsters didn't notice he was missing. 

He heard gunshots and the horrible shrieking sounds of the monsters. The gunshots was so loud that he needed to cover his ears with both of his hands. He hoped the gunshots stopped so that he could go back home.
A few minutes later, it was over.
He waited for a few minutes. Then, he stepped out of the building. He was extremely surprised to see a lot of disgusting corpses laying on the road, covered in blood.

There's no sign of the man. But the truck was still there. Luhan then walked towards the truck. He was being cautious. He afraid if one of those monsters would jump out of nowhere and eat him.

He examined the truck. This truck looks weird. He thought. The truck looked like a four-wheeled Kite.
The Kite was a transportation used by the rich people. The poor can't afford one because they were very expensive. They looked like a plane and the wings looked like a kite. They were very fast. And big.

"Does it look good to you?" 
He jerked backward. The man was leaning his shoulder against the truck, the machine gun in his hands. "I customised this Kite and put some tyres on it. Looks great, isn't it?" "Who are you?" The ten years old boy asked him. "I'm a man." The mysterious man introduced himself. "Just kidding. My name is FR 56T. But, you can just call me Four. Nice to meet you, young boy." The man grinned. "I'm Luhan." Luhan shook his hand with the man. "So, what are you doing here, Luhan?" He asked the boy. "Actually, I'm lost. I don't know where I am." Luhan answered sadly.

"Don't worry. I'm gonna help you. I'm sure you will like my house." The man said to him. FR 56T. Is he a robot? Luhan thought as he entered the Kite with the mysterious man.

Luhan was being brought to a big mansion. He was amazed by the beautiful place. It was painted with white. The roof were black.
There's a fountain in front of the mansion. "Like this place?" Four asked him. "I loved it!" Luhan was being very impatient. He couldn't wait to explore the whole place.

They entered the mansion. Four then lead him to a room. He was very curious, want to know what's waiting for him. The man opened the door and Luhan could see a group of children around his age were sleeping soundly on their bed. The room was very big that it can be filled with four cars. "They are your new friends. This will be your home until we found your family. Okay, now change your clothes and go to sleep. Understand?" Four was looking at his face, waiting for an answer. Luhan nodded slightly before he went to the bathroom to change his clothes. Four closed the door and went to somewhere else. Maybe his bedroom.

After finished changing his filthy clothes with a pair of pajamas, he went to find an unoccupied bed for him to sleep. He found one. It was next to a girl. Luhan took a look at her face. She is pretty. He thought. Her hair was long, black and shiny. Her skin was pale and she was snoring loudly. Luhan climbed onto his bed and crashed his body on the soft mattress. It felt like home to him. He miss the hotel so much. What are they doing right now? He let out a sigh. He missed his parents too. He wished they were with him. He wanted to sleep with Mr. Henry, his cat. That siamese cat was so cute with its blue eyes and grayish fur. He stared at the girl and wondered if she was lost too. He was staring at the girl until he fell asleep.