Chapter 7

The Day We Fight

'Where should I place it?' A girl was walking around the small room, finding the perfect place to put the tiny alarm clock in her hands. She was a survivor and the only one left around there. She was the last to survive in A City, where its Fortress was built before being crushed into pieces by a GiApple. It was very huge that its head could almost reach the clouds. How could an Apple become so big? She always thought that.

After finding the best place, she put the clock carefully on a shelf which had a few more space that could be filled with the clock. She found it around her home. After the Fortress was destroyed, she went to find a new home which was safe from the mutants. Finally, she found an RV buried underground. With only a handgun, she survived every obstacles until now. She was a tough girl.

Her hair was long and she like it being tied up into a ponytail. It was dark brown in colour and a bit curly. She seldom wears a white thick sweater and long skinny jeans. She found those in a forbidden mall in the city.

One day, she was out in the desert, travelling to another city in order to find other survivors. Thank god she brought her QZJ with her. It's a type of weapon that looked like a shotgun but shoots rays of lasers. It was a laser shotgun. She had killed countless mutants using this weapon and she glad the ammo was infinity. As long as its source was around, she will not run out of ammo. The shotgun absorbs an amount of helium, hydrogen and krypton gas and convert them into energy. She had to wait for a few seconds before the second shot could be used.

She has been driving on the road for hours now, not knowing how much longer the trip will be. She's the type with less patience and could be such a badass when it comes to waiting. She would never wait unless in an emergency case where she has to wait for something important. She won't wait a Speedster to rush toward her and a Flyer dive in the air toward her. She would usually kill them before they could even make a move on her.

She checked the fuel gauge and her water bottle. Both of them almost empty. She had no choice but to walk after the car is out of fuel. She was not sure wether she could survive the hot sun without much water and food left.

As expected, the car went out of fuel and she was walking on her foot. She walked for a few miles and she was out of water and food. She walked a bit more and was glad to see something not so far from her. 

A truck. 

She then ran towards it with the hope she would found water and food. As she reached the truck and opened its door at the driver seat, she could see 4 bottles of water on the passenger seat. In the blink of an eye, she took it before pouring the crystal clear liquid down her drying throat. She was very glad to find this truck in the middle of the desert. 

What did it do here in the middle of the desert?She took a look at the cargo behind it and discovered a weapon. It looked like an assault rifle but its design was so unique. It was not human's doing. It must be from them.

For a while, she thought maybe the truck's owner was being captured by them and left the truck just like that. She took all of the bottles and stuffed them into her bag. She looked around the place and saw a cave. 

'It's best to take a cover in a cave than an abandoned truck since the cave is dark and good for camouflaging.' She talked to herself before walking towards the cave.