Chapter 4

The Day We Fight

9th of September
2:41 p.m.

There was still no sign of Flyers. We were resting in an abandoned building. A few hours ago, we were being chased by group of Apples on the street. And now, Flyers. They looked just like those Apples, but thinner and had wings. Their wings were twice the size of their body. Based on my observation, they only attack anyone who walks alone. They rarely attack a group of survivors. That's why I was safe with the others. 

I turned around and called Luhan. He heard me and ran to me immediately. 
'What is it, Chorong?' His face showed curiosity.
'Looked over there. Did you see the red truck over there?'
'You want me to drive it and bring us to somewhere safer than this city.' He gave me a blank expression. 
'How did you-'
'I can read your mind.' He's weird and scary lately. I thought.

'Oi lovebirds. Can you stop it already? We're enjoying our joyful moments right now.' The both of us turned our head around and sent a death glare at Kai, the lad who was an expert in demolition. He's one of the best bomb maker we ever had. He's a jerk although he had a handsome face. Unlike Suho, he was charismatic and yet charming. I wanted to marry him one day. 

'Listen up, everyone! Chorong and I discovered a truck near here. I want a volunteer to go with us!' Luhan asked. 'I'll go.' The owner of that voice was Suho. How charming his eyes were. I thought again.

'Area secured!' Suho shouted from a distance. He was holding an assault rifle which he stole from them a few days ago. Its design was so unique. They didn't talk like a normal person would do. They communicated with each other by howling like a wolf. Honestly, they weren't humans. They were aliens that came to Earth for slicing our neck. 

Luhan was a sword user, just like me and Baekhyun. I disliked guns because they were heavy and loud unlike energy swords, they were better than guns when it comes to stealth and speed. For me, those swords felt so light. I felt like holding two marker pens.

Luhan was in front of me as I followed him silently. He suddenly stopped. He saw something but didn't say anything. I saw it too. A Speedster, walking slowly on the asphalt. Its long and strong legs were stomping on the road. Without any sign of hesitation, Luhan charged towards that creature in incredible speed. He's so fast. 

He leapt forward while activating his energy sword. As fast as lightning, he cut the creature into halves. There were no blood spraying out from the body. His cut was so perfect that the creature couldn't even regenerate itself anymore. I was amazed by the fight.

Luckily, we reached the truck. It was in good condition and was ready to go. After carrying Four into the truck, we departed. Two days ago, we were being encountered by them. Four had tried his best to fight them and ended up dying. Luhan and Baekhyun managed to wipe them out but Four died. He didn't actually die. He's just in a deep sleep. We would need someone with the knowledge to fix him one day. Maybe in the Sanctuary.