Chapter 6

The Day We Fight

'Where are Luhan, Chorong and Baekhyun?' Chen asked. He was looking everywhere around him but he didn't see those three.

'I don't know. Maybe they are sleeping while the ships fly over us.' D.O retorted. He was holding an MKJ-003 in his hands. It was the latest model which he stole from a weapon shop in the last city they went a few days before.

'Let's split up and search for them.' Suho ordered the other four before all of them scattered across the desert to find the missing survivors.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun woke up due to a growl he heard. 'What's that?' He asked Chorong and Luhan, who were lying on the ground, unconscious. Scared, he took out his energy sword and activated it. A bright yellow line was coming out from the hilt, radiating in a way that made him stare at it in awe. Quickly, he went back to his sense because of the growl again. He saw a movement in the shadow in front of him. The three of them actually fell off the small cave and ended up lying unconscious in this unknown place. Baekhyun thought of it as a Nest. The place is dark, humid, cold and smelly like a Nest should be.

His both hands were trembling while holding the energy sword while waiting for the mutant to make its move. He kept on calling for Luhan and Chorong, who were still in the state of unconscious.

Silence interrupted the scene where no sound of movement or growl could be heard. Baekhyun thought it has ran away but he was wrong. The mutant, which appeared in front of him came running straight at him in a high speed. Being the scaredy boy he was, he could not evade the counter attack and was sent flying backward before hitting the wall. His mouth spilt some blood and he got a backache.

Luhan awakened at the impact made by Baekhyun. Although his head felt dizzy, he got up from his feet and pulled out his energy sword before switching it on. He charged at the Speedster that was already on top of Baekhyun, ready to eat him alive with a great speed before cutting amd slashing it into pieces.'

'Are you okay?' was the only thing he asked before collapsing onto the ground with a light thud. Baekhyun went panicking and shook the latter's body but earned no response.

He then tried to wake up Chorong. Fortunately, she woke up after Baekhyun gave her a slap in the face. Her hair was messy and her face was dirty with sand, plus the reddish palm shape Baekhyun made on her cheek.

'Where are we? Where are the others and where's Luhan?' She asked the boy. The boy shook his head. He then pointed at the figure lying on the floor lifelessly. Chorong could see blood was everywhere on the ground even though it was dark there. It was not a mutant's, but it was a human's. She muttered 'Luhan' before rushing toward the unconscious male and checked his pulse. A sigh of relief escaped at the heartbeat she felt. How could she live without the most important person on Earth? She then looked at his hands and saw nothing serious like a wound or anything. Then she saw something at his left waist. It looked like he was being stabbed by a silver knife. 'They got him.' Baekhyun whispered. Blood was pouring out of the wound slowly and Chorong was crying as she tried to pull it out. Luhan then growled in pain while spitting out some blood. Baekhyun then offered to help pulling it out. After a few attempts, they succeeded but Luhan was losing much blood. She stripped her sleeve and tied his waist up so the bleeding would stop.

'Baekhyun, can you light a fire?' She turned to Baekhyun, standing not so far from her. He gave her a nod before taking out a small, black and round object from his pocket. He put it on the ground and then lit a match before putting it on the object. The object then emitted a faint light as it grew brighter and brighter as the time passed. Finally, the light was enough for them to look around the place and the heat was warm. He helped Chorong carried Luhan near the 'fire' and let him rest.