Chapter 5

The Milyo [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How’s the experiment going” A young looking female poked at her.

“Great, they haven’t raised any suspicion just yet.” The other one replied

“Remember, we can’t let them get to the center. I expect you to not fail next time.” The first female says.

“Yes Boss,” the second one began moving away, “I promise you that there won’t be a next time.”

___________________________________________________________________________________

“Left! Left, Tzuyu! Always have your eyes on the opponent!” Dahyun instructed.

Tzuyu had been training, quotes on training, ever since she met Dahyun that day. Although all she has fought were very weak mutant mobs, Dahyun could tell her change with the strong resolution she saw in her eyes.   

“Unnie, I think I’m ready for something stronger and I want to meet up with my brother and friends. Let’s go deeper into the Milyo” Tzuyu says.

There was a slight pause in Dahyun’s reply and she sighed.

“It’s dangerous in there, Tzuyu. You haven’t seen anything yet,”

“But I can-” Tzuyu was cut off.

“It’s dangerous in there. What I’m training you for it barely nothing compared to what others are going to teach you. You thought this was hard? Wait till we reunite with the others and your brother and his group, so please Tzuyu, save your energy,” Dahyun said. You’ll need to have every last ounce of sanity to go in there, physically and mentally.

Tzuyu sighed in defeat, but before she could continue, the overhead speaker squeaked and began talking.

Leader of TWICE, Park Ji soo, Jihyo has been declared dead, the new leader will be decided later on. The number of remaining contestants is sixteen.

The two girls were shocked. Beyond shocked. They didn’t know how to react to the sudden death of their leader, Jihyo, out of all people. She always been the one to care and help out everyone else whenever the members were in trouble.

“How can this be….?????” Dahyun said in disbelief, “A few days ago, I encountered her and she helped me briefly before going to look for you. A few hours ago, she was still talking with her speaker to the team. A few minutes ago she was still Alive. Breathing.”

The defeated redheaded girl slumped down next to the broken Tzuyu. Tzuyu watched as she began wailing uncontrollably on the side of her shoulder, then at the damp, cold rigid wall. She couldn’t process the information. Jihyo. Out of all the people, it had to be Jihyo. Her favorite unnie, the most caring friend she’s ever had, was now pronounced dead.

Seconds went by, the droplets of an unknown liquid glided down the wall. Dripping on her already soaked jacket. As if reminding her of what the utterly annoying emotionless voice had just said.

Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop.

The sound of droplets…. no, water, intensified. As if it was a slap from reality the two woken up from their depressing slumber. Only to see the approaching flood riding through the claustrophobic tunnel behind them. Tzuyu was the first one to snap out of it. She wasted no time to stand up and run while grabbing her unnie’s hands.

“Unnie! We have to make a call to the rest of the team! We can’t be stuck at the beginning stages of the maze anymore!” Tzuyu screamed and shook Dahyun.

“But you wouldn’t be able to survive in the deeper dungeons! You certainly are getting stronger in handling the little mobs but the monsters down there are ten times as strong” Dahyun says while she struggles to fight back her tears in the midst of their running.

“UNNIE LOOK BEHIND YOU. WE ARE EITHER ABOUT TO GET SWALLOWED BY THE TSUNAMI WAVING HIGH AT US OR WE STOP RUNNING BLINDLY IN CIRCLES A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter