Chapter 2

The Milyo [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tzuyu woke up with a gasp and beads of sweat sliding down her forehead. She looked around the place and a surge of relief shot through her. The corridor empty as it had been, no bodies or spots of blood to be found.

It was all a dream.

The dream had felt so real. But she was never more glad that Chanyeol was back at home, safe and sound. Suddenly, blood started trailing along the wall, writing a message.

Kill or be killed. You have an hour. The time starts now.

A beep was heard and a sand clock along with a speaker appeared in the cracked wall next to her.

Contestant 18, Chou Tzuyu, age 17 born in Taiwan currently living in Korea.

Tzuyu was now completely and utterly confused. This couldn’t be what she’d read about the other day, right? The speaker squeaked again.

“The rules are simple Tzuyu-sshi, this is the maze, make it to the center alive, you win. Actually, now that I think about it… There are no rules. Anything is allowed in the maze whether it’s stealing to murder. Now hurry along, the others are waiting~”

Tzuyu shuddered involuntarily. She knew she was going to die whether she’d like it or not. The chances of her making it out alive were close to 0. She had no experience nor tactics.

------------------------------

The Milyo. That was the name of the place, built in the late 1900’s by a mysterious inventor, who, to this day, has never been uncovered as to what his identity really was. People all around digged hard and deep for clues, but could only find fragments of who the person truly was. According to the latest research team that went to his tomb, his name was somewhere near the name of Park Youngmin.

And out of hundreds of experienced researchers that went in, there were only exactly 16 that came back. Those 16 that came back, weren’t the same person that went inside the tomb. 9 went insane and the other 7… well, let’s just say they were hanging onto life by a thread, literally.

After two decades of research, there still weren’t a lot of information regarding Park Youngmin, but they discovered something even more interesting. The maze, called Milyo nowadays.

At first, nothing was out of the ordinary. “It’s just a maze.” They had said. But when mysterious disappearance started appearing all over the news, people started to get suspicious. That was when the first body was found at the exit door of the maze, completely pale, ice cold, and not breathing. The second and third body appeared a day later, blood coating their chest and vital areas.

The scientists tried to open the exit, but to no avail. At that point, no one knew what to do, but wait and see people around them get sent in alive and out dead.

The Holy Redaniana, known for having the world’s most corrupted government has been sending many of its innocent citizens down into Milyo either against their will or forcing them to comply, through torture or threatening their family members. Although this is considered a serious violation of human rights, no one dared to say anything because of how powerful the country was with it’s high number of missiles and advanced technology.

Each year, the corrupted regime would randomly select “volunteers” to explore more and more of the maze by making it almost a survival show of some sort for the whole world to see. As they attach cameras and heartbeat monitors to the contestants, they livestream everything and put their new discoveries for scientists to see. Of course with the obsession of online thrills, more and more countries began doing the same (just in a more humane way) with prizes and money that lures the contestants in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“HEY GUYS THIS YEAR’S TEAM IS LOOKING REAL PROMISING!” Says watcher #91093, “I’m especially rooting that sister-con looking guy who has been yelling at thin air for the past three hours for his sister lmao, Imma bet 300 bucks that he probably won’t live long to see her tho HAHAHA.”

“I don’t know man, he seems like he knows what he is doing. Look at how many dungeon lurkers he just killed…” watcher #88109 retaliates.

______________________________________________________________________________

Chanyeol ran for his life. It was exactly 2:30 in the afternoon and if he didn’t get out of the area in the maz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter