Chapter 4 (Pt. 1)

The Milyo [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

Jihyo closed her phone and glanced to where Chanyeol was sitting at, playing with his fingers out of boredom.

“I heard your friends found mine.”

Chanyeol nodded, his back still facing Jihyo, but it was shuddering by a tiny bit. Jihyo walked over to his spot and gently placed her hands on his shoulders.

“You okay man?” Chanyeol didn’t reply, instead sniffling and slightly gasping out breath.

“Hey,” Jihyo cupped his face. “Look at me.”

She was met with a tear stained face of Chanyeol, who finally burst out in tears.

“H-hey… why are you crying?” Jihyo wasn’t the type of person people would go to when they needed comfort. She was the type of person people would look to when they needed leadership and guidance. “I’m here for you. What happened?”

Chanyeol raised his head and met eyes with Jihyo.

“Baekhyun disappeared.”

-----------------------------------

Two hours prior…

“Hey, let’s split up and try to find weapons and resources around here. I’m pretty sure no one else has came before us… I mean, look at this place,” Kyungsoo said, scanning his eyes around the perimeter of the mansion in front of them.

“It looks like a good place for hiding as well. You sure about this, Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun felt uneasy and jittery. Something was off about this place, but he couldn’t quite place his finger on what it was.

“Let’s split up to cover more ground. I’ll take second floor, you take first. We’ll meet back here after half an hour. Whistle if anything happens and you know the rest,”

The second they enter the mansion, a cold shiver shot up their spine and there were visible goosebumps all along their arms and legs. Baekhyun began searching the first floor while Kyungsoo went up to second floor.

On the first floor, there were multiple hallways with doors. From what Baekhyun could recognize, it had looked like an old hotel that had been abandoned ever since the Milyo was made. He was naturally an easily scared person though, all the more reason to hesitate in front of the first door next to the somewhat-torn apart reception desk. Several seconds later, he mustered up the courage and kicked the door with all his might.

The door fell down with a loud thud, making Baekhyun jump back unintentionally towards the opposite wall. When he got closer to take a look, it seemed like a normal bedroom, with a simple bed and closet. After kicking down more doors that were just bedrooms and storage rooms, Baekhyun sighed in defeat at the last door.

“Kyungsoo better have found something on the second floor or we’re gonna be dead before tomorrow evening,” Baekhyun muttered, opening the door with his hands.

The last room was different from all the other ones. It contained weapons, food storage, water supplies, and apparently an unconscious person who looked like he’d been stuck here for days. The head of the unconscious person was turned slightly away from him, making it hard to tell who it was. As Baekhyun got closer, familiarity started to wash over him.

“S-Suho hyung?” The man in question stirred slightly at the call.

“Please, don’t kill my members! They don’t deserve to go through this! Kill me instead-”

Baekhyun enveloped his leader in a hug, “You’re okay, hyung. I’m here.”

“Baek?”

“Yes hyung. I’m here,”

Suho relaxed. It had been a while since he saw another member and it made his heart swell with happiness from that alone. He had been locked in this room for days, hopelessly waiting for someone to come and rescue him. His face, sunken and sickly pale from the lack of sunlight, followed with mice roaming around next to his body.

“Hyung, are you ok? Let me help you stand up.” Baekhyun didn’t wait for a reply, he knew it was best to first get his hyung out of the tiny claustrophobic room.

And while Baekhyun and Suho were catching up, Kyungsoo was on the second floor hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter