Chapter 3

The Milyo [Hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun sent one of his daggers through the air, straight into a lurker’s heart. The ground under them was covered in black goo mixed with bits of their blood.

“Is that the last of them?” Xiumin asked, finishing the last ones of lurkers that remained.

“Should be,” Kai gasped out, punching another one square in the face.

Sehun wiped his hands on the wall, realizing too late that there was another lurker hiding in the shadows. Fortunately, Kai saw it just in time and shot an arrow through its heart from the back with perfect precision. Sehun whipped his head around to be met with the melting body of the lurker staring at him with completely black eyes.

“You’re next, Oh Sehun.” The lurker managed to choke out the last words before dissolving into a pile of goo.

Sehun rolled his eyes, “I ain’t going down that easily!”

Xiumin smacked him across the head, “Language, you idiot.”

Sehun mumbled an apology and they continued to explore the huge mansion that was in front of them. The gates creaked loudly in the silent night and the front door automatically slid open for them. These seemingly-scary things were the norm in Milyo. No one got by each day without facing something similar to a scary encounter or a haunted house/mansion.

Kai started quietly singing to a part of the song “Overdose”, which they had released as a group years before they’d been brought inside the maze.

“You still remember that song?” Xiumin tried to lighten the mood, instead getting interrupted by Sehun who pointed to the body that was leaning against the wall in front of them, apparently unconscious and bleeding at the head.The atmosphere turned serious almost immediately.

“Kai, take the back. Sehun, go check around the area but don’t go too far,” Xiumin ordered.

As the two boys timidly walk towards the what appeared to be unconscious girl, they noticed what the bleeding body was trying to cover, or more so, protect. The bleeding body had been hugging another girl who appeared to be unconscious and curled up closely with the wounded one.

“Hyung, can you identify who these girls are?” asked Kai, “They look like they just escaped hell and back. I mean look at these wounds on her head, it almost looks as if there was something that tried to eat away her brains.”

“Xiumin can you inform Chanyeol’s friend Jihyo about these two girls, she probably knows them better than we do.” earning a responses with a nod Sehun continues to say, “In the meantime let’s tend to this girl’s wounds, she looks like she’s on the brink of death.”

The three boys quickly pull the significantly wounded girl into their makeshift medical facility and begin to examine her while taking the other girl into their tent.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter