Chapter 8

The Hunt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Type. Click. Drink. 

That's what Tzuyu's been doing for the past few hours. She's type a few codes, then check the results and finally drink from her 3rd cup of coffee that day. Hacking into a private agency agency of highly trained people is surely not easy. She had to though because Dahyun left a trail and she has to make sure eveything is clean or they'd get killed. 

It was past 10 when Tzuyu realized that it was already dark and that she hasn't seen Dahyun yet or even visit Mina from her room. She stepped out to grab another cup of coffee and probably to see Dahyun. She couldn't admit to herself that Mina is the one she actually wants to see. It's just the survival instincts planted in her brain after being an agent for so long. You can never long for someone or it will just bring you down. 

Tzuyu got her coffee and headed to Mina's room a few corridors away from her office. Dahyun was already sleeping when she got there but she was still in front of the door. Tzuyu woke her up gently.

"Tzuyu?" Dahyun grumbled as she try to open her eyes. "I got this, you can go to your room," Tzuyu told her. Dahyun nodded her head and stood up. "I think she's still awake, I've been hearing her trying to escape the room," Dahyun said while rubbing her eyes. 

"Okay, I'd handle it."

Dahyun left after that and Tzuyu is left standing by the door. Thinking whether it's right for her to show up after everything she did to Mina. She was about to retreat when she heard Mina shout.

"Please let me out. I don't like the dark!"

Tzuyu realized that the room Mina's in is actually really dark. She made sure that no light can pass through and that it was sealed tight. She felt bad and immediately scanned her fingerprint for the door to open. Tzuyu got the flashlight she had in her belt and pointed it at the center of the room where Mina is securely tied.

Tears were falling down from her eyes and panic was written on her face. Tzuyu immediately wiped it away. She uttered a long string of apologies, she wanted to untie Mina but her stone cold heart disagreed. She kneeled and is now eye-level to Mina. 

Mina has stopped crying and could only stare at Tzuyu. She was able to see the supposedly missing agent a few hours ago, 6 hours and 14 minutes to be exact, but only a glimpse of her face. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter