Chapter 6

The Hunt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 year old Mina woke up in the middle of the night after hearing screams, broken furnitures and finally the sound of a gun being shot. The noise came from the room across hers, her parents room. Mina knew that those screams she heard earlier are from her mother, she also knew that it's impossible that her mom is screaming because she and her dad are fighting, her dad said he'd be away for a few days for some trip.

Out of curiosity, Mina left her room to check what's happening to her mom. She noticed that her parents' room is open, they never leave it open. She walked her way to their room, slow steps, heart pounding, her breathing unsteady.

She entered the room and saw her mom lying down the floor, pool of red liquid, little Mina believed as blood, surrounding her unconcious body. It made Mina's heart pound faster, she can't breath, she's scared but she doesn't know what to do. She got more scared when she saw a man standing near her mom's body and slowly walked to her.

"Tell your father that if he doesn't stop messing with my mafia, you will be next," the man in black threatened before he left. Mina stood there motionless not sure of what to do next.

 

Mina woke up drenched with sweat and heart racing. She clutched her chest and tried to calm herself down. She looked at her watch and noticed that it's only 3 in the morning. She sighed, she was only able to sleep for 30 minutes. 

"Damn that nightmare."

To relax her mind, Mina decided to head out and get some air. She'll go to the nearest park and probably stay there until sunrise. She left her bed, took her phone and wallet before heading out. 

"Mina!" Momo greeted to Mina as soon as she got out from her room, she swore she almost had a heart attack. "Why are you out at three in the morning Momoring?" Mina asked as she calm herself down.

"Oh, I just got back from the cafeteria, I helped Sana with some paper works," Momo answered with a grin. "Well okay, you can stay here if you if you want but I'd be heading out first," Mina said while pointing to her room.

"Nope that's okay I'd sleep in my room," Momo declined and Mina responded with a gentle nod. "I'll see you later, let's have brunch together," Mina said before she and Momo parted ways.

_______________

Mina's P.O.V

The compound is quiet when I left the building, who would be awake this late anyway. I wore my earphones to listen to some mellow music while walking towards the park.

I miss my Mom and my Dad. My Mom would still be here if it wasn't for my Dad's profession. My Dad himself would still be here if he isn't a mafia boss. I wouldn't be having this nightmares that always haunt me if my Dad didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter