다섯 05

Outcast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jayeon walked through the forest, slowly feeling the breeze and enjoying the singing of the trees surrounding the forest. Whenever she stepped on grass, it just became greener and some flowers wilted unbeknownst to her. Creatures lurked around her, sensing her comfortable presence compared to other creatures who preyed on them. 

Something about Jayeon was so natural for the animals, and the environment. 

She knew why, and this was the reason why she was still holding on. 

She continued to walk, hearing the animals' small footsteps as they ran towards her. A deer slowly lurking behind the bushes, looking to see who the beautiful creature was. Sensing some kind of familiarity to the creature, the deer walked forward and Jayeon stopped with a small grin on her face. 

She gestured the deer to come closer, coaxing the deer to come to her touch. 

"Come, little one," she reached out her hand to the baby deer - who didn't seem to hesitate to come to her call. 

The deer reached her and Jayeon immediately caressed the deer's head. "Where's your mom?" Jayeon asked the deer. The deer looked at Jayeon's brown orbs as she gestured towards the west side of the forest. Jayeon smiled, continuing to the deer's head. "My mom should be there too. Do you want to keep me company?" Jayeon offered with a smile, her hand dropping down to her side as she led the way. 

She walked towards the west, walking a bit more further until she can see a marsh - where a bigger deer was drinking some water. The bigger deer looked up from the water and turned its back, gesturing the little one to come and drink water with her. The baby deer nudged Jayeon on her side, offering her to drink water with her. 

Jayeon giggled, shaking her head. 

"Thank you," she stated with a grin. She watched the deer hop to her mother as Jayeon took a deep sigh and looked around the marsh. She walked to the biggest cedar tree right beside the marsh and immediately settled just below it and sat down. Jayeon turned around and looked at the tree bark, touching it and smiled. 

"Hi omma," she whispered with tears forming around her eyes.

---

Jungkook sat on his usual spot in class, but he somehow felt kind of weird that the girl who annoyed him the most didn't attend any of their classes for the day. As much as he tried not to let it get to him, the curiosity burned his annoyance of the girl. Jungkook was the type to listen in class, but would still look like he wasn't paying any attention to the Professor. 

However, today, he looked like he wasn't paying attention, only because he really isn't paying attention. 

So when he hears his Professor say that class was dismissed, he was left shocked. 

Jungkook's stare went from the girl's desk to his Professor who was staring right at him as the students left the classroom one by one except for him. Jungkook looked away, scoffing lightly as he passed by Jayeon's desk. He sluggishly walked towards the door when the Professor stopped him. 

"Jungkook," she called. 

Jungkook stopped in his tracks, his fists slowly coming into a clench inside his pockets. Without turning around, he listened to whatever his professor had to say - though he doubted it was something worth listening for. 

"Your father wants to see you," she stated without hesitation. Firmness could be heard from her voice, as if she was just a Goddess herself. 

Jungkook scoffed and turned around, his glare evident from his eyes. His eyes turning golden as he stared at his professor, "Why would he want that? To mock me? To ridicule me? I already know what the outcome will be. Stop trying to make our ends meet." He said with finality in his voice. 

But deep inside, he was hurting and he never liked showing it. 

"Your father has to choose a successor, regardless of what you might be - who I am and what your brothers and sisters might be," she explained further. 

Jungkook scoffed, shaking his head in disbelief. 

"Do you really think my own father would look at me as a good enough competition with your offpsrings?"

The professor clenched her jaw. 

"I'm doing this because I don't see my sons or daughters to be responsible for your father's powers. I am not doing this because I want to spite you, or your mother. I am doing this because I know and I see the potential in you, Jungkook," she coaxed as she took a step closer. 

Jungkook looked at her, dead set on her eyes before his eyes turned back to dark brown. 

He closed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter