Chapter 1

Sorry, I'm Late

'Do I really have to join the both of you here?' Minhyun sighed as he looked at the two males who were queueing to enter the library.

It was a few minutes before the opening time, and there was already a long queue - Another reminder to himself that he's back to face reality.

'You wanted to hang out with us, and we have to finish our work before wasting our weekend away. It's a win-win situation.' Jonghyun replied, also unamused with the thought of having to study.

'You make it sound as though my presence isn't appreciated.'

'How excited can I get when you see us queueing for the library? Plus, we're already organising a welcome party at my place.'

'But then what am I supposed to do while you finish your work?' Minhyun asked, looking at the books that they were carrying, while he had nothing to prepare for, yet.

'Work on your university application. Though you probably don't even need to apply.'

'Exactly, and that doesn't even take much time.'

'Contemplate on your choices.'

'You know I don't have any.'

'Well at least your dad is allowing you to attend the same university with us.'

To which Minhyun could only sigh again. Everything evolved around his father. He nearly don't have any say in his life decisions at all, since he was going to take over his father's company. At a time like this, how he wished that he has an older brother.

Just when the queue started moving, Baekho finally decided to ask the question that has been lingering on his mind when he could not find you anywhere around them. And he was certain that you were joining them that day, as usual.

'Where's she?' He asked as he took another take at their surroundings, but he did not see anyone that resembled you. 

'I ditched her. She was taking her own time.' And right at that moment, his phone vibrated.

     From: Dahyunie

Dongho oppa! Jonghyun oppa abandoned me before I was done, I'll be slightly late I'm so sorry!


'You could have waited for her.'

'You could have went to fetch her from home.' Jonghyun mumbled. First Minhyun, now Dongho. That girl better reach soon or else I'm not going to hear the end of it. 

'The last time I did that, you were unhappy too.' 

'Well then too bad.'

'Who her?' Finding himself excluded from the ongoing conversation, Minhyun quickly asked once he spotted a pause, especially when a girl was mentioned. 

'Jonghyun's cousin.' / 'Dongho's girlfriend.' And the fact that both of them responded at the same time doubled the surprise. 

'Oh. Woah. I didn't know that. You could have updated me.'

'What? Call you who was in UK, despite the time difference and be like. Hey Minhyun. Kang Dongho has been hitting on my cousin for like forever and he finally succeeded.'

'You don't have to put it that way. You make me sound so- clingy.' 

'Finally? How long did you wait for?'

'A year.'

'So you've been together for?'

'Six months.'

There was silence before Minhyun asked the next question, 'Is she cute?'

'Yes.' To which Baekho earned a 'tsk' from Jonghyun at the silly smile that made its way onto the former's face.



 



Seeing Minhyun heading for the seat next to Baekho, Jonghyun pulled him towards the seat next to himself. 'You're supposed to sit here.'

'Aren't they all the same?'

'Just don't touch the seat next to Dongho.'

'Why?'

'Girlfriend.'

'Oh right. Forgot about that.' Minhyun nodded as he quietly sat down, actually looking forward to who the girl could be to actually make Baekho grin so much, even when they were about to hit the books.  



 

 


'Sorry I'm late.' You whispered as you gently pulled out your chair, trying as much as possible not to make any noise in the library.

'It's okay, it's only a few minutes.' You smiled as Baekho helped you with your things while you tried to calm yourself down from rushing over. If only your lovely cousin did not abandon you just because you couldn't find your assignments, you wouldn't be in such a mess.

Finally collecting yourself, you remembered the flask lying in your bag and placed it on Baekho's side of the table, 'It's honey.' To which you got a wide grin and a quick peck on your cheek - a silent 'thank you'.

Not before an eraser was sent flying at Baekho.

'It's not just me here this time okay, can the both of you stop it.'

That was when you finally looked up, noticing that the seat opposite you was taken unlike the previous times you were here. And you froze when the identity of the male registered into your mind. 

Hwang Minhyun-

On the other hand, he had been staring at you the moment you sat down, and especially during your interaction with Baekho. 

She's the girlfriend? It can't be- I didn't know that- She's Jonghyun's cousin too?

Not thinking much of how the both of you were staring at each other blankly, Baekho leaned into you and whispered, 'He's our close friend, he just came back from overseas a few days ago. You'll probably see him around very often.'

'Oh.' Was all you managed to utter, and in that instant, your mind was sent into a turmoil. It's him. It's really him. 



Minhyun watched you as you removed your eyes from him and focused back to your books. He couldn't believe his eyes. Before he even started to look for you, you simply appeared right before him when he least expected it. 

And as Baekho's girlfriend.

How did they even meet each other? And I didn't hear of Jonghyun from her back then- They're- But how? 

A tap on his arm from Jonghyun got his mind back as the former pointed at Minhyun's application form.

He didn't actually have to filled it up. He knew that his father probably already had everything settled for him. But glancing at the book that you had next to you, he took up his pen and started writing. It's still worth a try.

And Economics isn't that far off from Business Analytics. Dad will probably understand, if I try explaining. 

I just can't- leave her alone again. 


 

 

He noticed how you stuck to Baekho the moment you left the library, and you never glanced at him, even for a second. 

But unfortunately for you, Jonghyun held you back, before gesturing to the male next to him. 

'Oh right, Dahyun, this is Minhyun, you know the party tonight? It's for him.'

'It's nice to meet you, I'm Kim Dahyun, Jonghyun oppa's cousin.' You mastered your best smile, but your eyes darted everywhere, refusing to make eye contact.

'H-Hwang Minhyun-' 

Not waiting for him to continue, you bit onto your lips as you quickly retreated back to Baekho's side, grabbing onto his arm.

'She needs time to adapt to new people.' Baekho chuckled as he patted your head gently before placing his arm around your shoulder. 'He's harmless, you don't have to worry.' 

You nodded slightly, not wanting to talk about it anymore. 'Oppa, are we heading home straight away?'

'Mhmm.'

'What about Aron oppa and Minki oppa?'

'They should be coming soon.'

'Do I need to cook tonight?'

'Nope, I think we're calling delivery.'

'Okie.' 






You were extremely fidgetty seeing Minhyun around, and to find out that he was in your cousin's group of friends. How could you never have noticed? You didn't even know.

Just that afternoon, you were brainwashing yourself that everything will proceed as per normal, and you waved off your thoughts whenever they started wandering.

But now, hearing his laughter echoing through your house, you thought otherwise.

'You'll probably see him around very often.' But I don't want to. I can't see him. Especially not when I still can't figure out my feelings - the same feelings that you thought you have clearly ended once you gave in to Baekho. 

Why is it that he's doing this to me-

'Aigoo, where were you looking at?' Baekho's teasing voice broke you out of your thoughts as you found his chest centimetres away from you as he held you by your shoulders.

'S-Sorry oppa- I wasn't paying attention.' You mumbled softly, shaking your head as you glanced at the empty glasses in your hands, remembering why you were heading to the kitchen in the first place. 

However, you did not know that Baekho had seen you in a daze and purposefully stepped in front of you, not actually thinking that you would really walk straight into him.

'Dahyun, are you okay? Do you want to rest first?' Baekho asked worriedly as his hand felt your forehead. 'Do you feel unwell?'

'I think I'm just tired, it's okay...'

'I'll take this, go sleep first okay? I'll tell them to lower their volume.' You nodded as he took the glasses from you, before you headed back towards your room.

 

 



But being left alone, and with your fingers running through a bracelet, you could not help but to think about him again. He left. All he said was 'I'm sorry.' And he disappeared. Without a trace.    

You actually thought that you've forgotten about him, and things are going well with Baekho. But now that he appeared, you were starting to doubt yourself. And you hated yourself for being that vulnerable. 

Why am I feeling like this. I have Dongho oppa. I shouldn't even think about Hwang Minhyun. He's a jerk. He's a jerk. He's a jerk-

Hearing a knock on the door, you froze when you turned to see Minhyun looking straight at you, merely metres away, not realising that it has slipped out of your hands.

'Dahyun-ah, can we talk?' Minhyun asked.

Stay calm, stay calm. Kim Dahyun, don't let it show on your face. You smiled slightly despite your heart beating faster and faster, before answering, 'Yes?'

'Are you really dating Dongho?'

It was a question that you had expected, but you didn't expect him to be that straight forward with it. Especially from the same Minhyun who left you three years ago. 

'Yeah.'

How is it that she seems so, unconcerned? Am I the only one who had her on my mind the entire time? But if she doesn't care, why is she avoiding me? 

'Dahyun, can we ta-'

No we can't. 'I've got something to ask Dongho oppa-' Mumbling, you quickly walked past him, dodging his hand reaching out for yours by mere inches. 

'Dahyun-ah-'

But he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Baekho right in front of you once he followed you out of the room.

'Oppa-' Minhyun saw how your hand flew to the edge of Baekho's shirt as the he leaned in closer to you.

And he found himself turning away back to your room by instinct. Which was also when he spotted a broken braided bracelet on the ground.

She still kept it?

     Flashback-

'How do you braid this?' He asked as he pulled you by the chair closer to him. To which he got a soft whine from you as you tried waving him away. 

'Oppa you're supposed to be doing your work.'

'You don't know how much I went through to get these. Just look!' He shook the coloured twine before you, trying to get your attention, and by the small smile on your face, he knew that you were trying hard to resist him. 

'I saw you asking for leftovers from the carnival. It wasn't actually that hard.'

'But it's pretty! And I thought of you once I saw it, are you really not going to help me with it?' He pouted, and your cheeks immediately blushed. 

'Y-You're supposed to do it like this.' Taking the three coloured twine from Minhyun, you demonstrated the first few braids to him, not realising that all he did was to stare at your fingers. 'Here, oppa try it.' 

And of course, he had no idea how to continue once you placed it in his hand. 'How?'

'Like this.' This time, you tried again as you guided his fingers through the rope, making three more braids, before looking up at him. 'Okay?'

'I don't think I know how to-'

'You're going to give it to me yet I'm the one making it?' You asked frustratedly, not noticing that it was slightly too loud until the people from the surrounding tables 'shushed' you. While all Minhyun did was laugh silently. 

You immediately kept silent, ignoring him for the next few moments, until you felt him tugging onto your left wrist.  

'Here you go, you whiny baby.' He whispered as he tied the braided twines around your wrist, a makeshift bracelet. It wasn't the most sturdy, but it could still stay as long as you don't exert too much force on it. 

'Oppa screwed up a part.' You pointed out, and he quickly rotated the bracelet such that the missing braid was facing away from you. 

'There.'

'You do know that the school rules say that we can't wear accessories to school right?'

'When you get caught then you can take it off. And keep it somewhere you can see everyday.' 

'But then I'll be reminded of you everyday.' 

'That's exactly the point.' 

     ---

She was waiting right? Or else why would she keep it? And maybe that's why it took Dongho a year to get close to her. 

And she wouldn't avoid me if she doesn't have any feelings for me anymore.
 

 

 

 

'You're not asleep yet?' Baekho asked as he bent down closer to you, holding onto your hand that grabbed onto his shirt. 'Did something happen?' 

'I forgot to ask oppa something.' 

'Hmm?' You could see how worried he was as his eyebrows furrowed together, his hand gripping tightly onto yours. 

'There's a new menu tomorrow and there's a discount for me. Do you want to get it after my work?' 

'That's all?' His eyes widened as you looked at him, both of you equally confused. 'You sure you're feeling okay?'

'Yeap, I'm really fine oppa.'

'Okay then, of course I'll be there tomorrow. The usual timing?'

'Mmhmm.'

'Okay, now go sleep. You wouldn't want to look like a panda tomorrow.'

'Oppa, don't go back too late today too okay?' 

'Yes miss. Sweet dreams.' You could not help but to blush when Baekho leaned in to give you a slight peck on your forehead, not forgetting to pinch your pink cheeks lightly before you were pushed back into your room. 



 



 

[A/N] Okay this is up earlier than I had expected hahahaha. 

I really hope that this wasn't too bad of a start to the fic, and that it wasn't disappointing!

As mentioned, there's a poll below this chapter on who you would like the OC to end up with, and your opinions will be greatly appreciated! (but then again it might be too early for you to decide hahahah)

Please do feel free to subscribe and comment!!

Thank you! 

<3