Chapter 3: Babysitting

HOUSE 10-1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The atmosphere is too quite at House 10-1. Half of residents isn’t at House 10-1, because of the lecture. Only Kang Daniel, Kim Jaehwan, and Kwon Hyunbin are at there. Everyone is busy with their own activities. Jaehwan with his musical arrangements, Hyunbin with his tasks, and Kang Daniel with Kong –his cat –and Lee Soojin, daughter of Lee Seokhoon, the owner of House 10-1.

It started with the arrival of Lee Seokhoon an hour ago, carried Soojin and large pink bag with toddler equipment. Seokhoon was like in a hurry. He handed over Soojin to Daniel who opened the door when he came, and gave the large bag to Jaehwan who stood behind Daniel.

“Please, take care of Soojin for two hours. I have to go to Music School! I can’t wait for my son, so I leave her to you. Bye!!” Seokhoon run immediately to his car and left House 10-1 without heard complaints from Daniel, also Hyunbin and Jaehwan.

Daniel looked at Soojin who just laughed as she grabbed Daniel’s pink hair hard. “Ouch! Soojin-ah! Andwae! Jaehwan-ah! Hyunbin-ah! Help me!”

“I can’t help you.” Jaehwan replied. “I have to arrange music for tomorrow. Sorry.”

Daniel glanced at Hyunbin, while Hyunbin avoided his gaze. “I can’t either. I still have a lot of tasks that I must finish. You have plenty of free time.”

“You can do it after help me to take care of Soojin. I never become a babysitter before. I’m just the only child.” Daniel almost cried. “And I have to go out too, I have B-Boy Schedule!”

“Everyone in your team can replace you or wait until you finish take care of Soojin.” Jaehwan said. “Actually I’m also the only child in my family.”

“So do I.” Hyunbin added.

“So, all of us are the only child and doesn’t have experience with babysitting?” Daniel asked. Hyunbin and Jaehwan nodded. “Good, we have to take care of Soojin together. Deal?”

“Not deal!” Hyunbin refused.

“How about to play rock, paper, scissors?” Hyunbin offered. “You have to take care of Soojin by yourself if you lose. Got it?”

“Okay!” Daniel agreed. “Loser should not complain! Be a gentleman!”

Jaehwan nodded as he glanced to Hyunbin. It looked like he and Hyunbin had a plan to fooled Daniel. Jaehwan gave a gesture with his right hand to Hyunbin when Daniel was off guard with Soojin who had been furious with Daniel’s hair. Jaehwan’s hand clenched. Jaehwan was already knew that Daniel is very predictable when they play paper rock scissors together. Daniel often uses scissors.

Hyunbin nodded slightly. “Let’s start! Paper rock scissors!!”

Just like Jaehwan’s prediction. Daniel used scissors, while Hyunbin and Jaehwan used rock.

Daniel was in shock. He lost.

“Woohoo~” Hyunbin screamed. “Have fun with Soojin, Daniel!!”

Daniel gawked at Hyunbin who went straight into his room and Jaehwan who walked quickly toward the stairs. Then, he glanced at Soojin who still wants to reached his pink hair. Daniel sighed deeply and finally ended up with Soojin at the backyard, along with his cat, Kong. He let Soojin plays alone with the toy that Seokhoon had prepared in the bag, while he is combing Kong’s fur.

“Your fur is already long.” Daniel muttered. “And loss to. No wonder if Ong always gets mad about swallowed your fur, Kong.”

Seongwoo got angry at Daniel last night because he almost swallowed Kong’s fur. Daniel forgot to clean after Kong slept on Seongwoo’s bed that afternoon. So, Daniel just grinned and promised to bring Kong to Pet Salon.

“Cat…” Daniel looked up and saw Soojin already in front of him and touched Kong’s fur. Her face was curious with her innocent gaze. Makes Daniel smiled at Soojin.

“Do you like cats, Soojin?” Daniel asked. “This is Kong.”

Soojin didn’t answer and keep touching Kong with her small hand. Soft at first, then…

“KYAA!” Daniel shouted as Soojin hit Kong’s belly hard enough. Daniel looks panic, while Soojin laughs slightly.

“Soojin-ah! Andwae-yo!” Daniel protected Kong’s body from Soojin. He feelt so scared if Soojin suddenly hit Kong’s belly for the second time. “Soojin-ah! You shouldn’t hurt Kong!”

Soojin briefly looked at Dan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter