Spec. Part: Happy Birthday, Hwang Minhyun! (1/2)

HOUSE 10-1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SPECIAL PART: Happy Birthday, Hwang Minhyun! (1/2)

***

“Knock! Knock!”

Jonghyun gets up and opens the door for Hyunbin who has just arrived. Hyunbin occasionally turns his back as he enters the room, instead of fearing that Minhyun would show up and sees him with others in Jonghyun’s room. Jonghyun closes the door, while Hyunbin immediately takes a position on the bed with sigh of relief.

“Minhyun’s still in the bathroom, right?” Jonghyun asks as he takes a potato chips from inside the pack.

“Yes.” Hyunbin replies. “Looks like he have an additional class this morning.”

“So…what’s the plan?” Seongwoo asks to Jonghyun.

“Look.” Jonghyun starts to explain his plan to others. “We know that he has a tight schedule today. And I recently know that he has a plan to hang out with his friends after that until latenight –I heard him when he talked with his friend on the phone yesterday. So we don’t have to worry. We a plenty of time to prepare a little surprise party for Minhyun before he arrive.”

“Really?” Daniel’s in shock. “It seems that handle Minhyun is not as difficult as handle Jaehwan.”

“The moment when we must handle Jaehwan is one of the hardest part of my life.” Seongwoo sneers as glancing at Jaehwan who’s busy with a comic on his hand. Jaehwan turns the comic down and glancing at Seongwoo back. It seems like Jaehwan wants to throw the comic to Seongwoo’s face so annoyed.

“Minhyun won’t get drunk, will he?” Seongwoo asks again.

They –except Jaehwan –remembered the moment they had to keep Jaehwan from going home because of the surprise party they made. But unexpectedly Jaehwan went home drunkenly and made a psycho-like laugh in front of House 10-1. They were forced to bring Jaehwan into the house, before their neighbours would complain to Seokhoon.

“He isn’t a drinker like Jaehwan.” Jonghyun replies. “It will never happen.”

“Actually…” Jaehwan gets up from his sleep-position. “Don’t blame me for being drunk that time, blame my friend who kept poking me with beer.”

“I want us to share the tasks for today. Buy gifts, buy a cake, and cooking.”

Seongwoo suddenly chokes while hearing ‘cook’ word when chews some potato chips. Then he reaches a mineral water bottle besides him and drinks it quickly. “Cooking? Jonghyun-ah, none of us can cook in this home!”

“But we have to! Our budget is running low because we spend too much money to order food outside and pay the electricity and water bill. It’s because you’re too extravagant last month.”

Except Jonghyun who’s complaining about how extravagant they are last month, the rest choose to shut their mouth and pretend to be busy with themselves, as long as they don’t have to face Jonghyun. Jonghyun is scary when he’s in serious mode. For the students who live far away from their parents, they are fairly extravagant. They always forgot to turn off water and electricity, buy large amounts of food, or buy something that isn’t important and just end up in the corner of the house.

“So…” Jonghyun clears his throat. “Who wants to buy gifts, cake, or cook at home?”

“I’ll buy gifts with Daniel!” Seongwoo immediately embraces Daniel who sits next to him. He whispers to Daniel. “Just avoid anything that related to cooking.”

Daniel nods quickly after Seongwoo whispered to him. They know that it would be a disaster if they decide to cook at home. Whether there’s a fire or poisoning case.

“I’ll buy a cake.” Hyunbin says. “I have a friend who owns a pastry shop. Actually his parents, but I can get a discount.”

“Alright, then I cook with Jaehwan. Is it okay, Jaehwan?” Jonghyun turns to Jaehwan.

“No problem, I can cook.”

Daniel holds back his laugh when he feels Jaehwan’s confidence on his words. “Kim Jaehwan, seriously? Even you can’t cook ramyeon properly for me…” Daniel just remembered when he asked Jaehwan to make a ramyeon for him and he ended up to not eat because it’s a lot of water and didn’t taste good.

“Take it easy. I’ve learned a lot from my mom during last holiday. We’ll be fine if we have ramyeon’s soup. Just trust me.” Jaehwan pats his chest proudly.

“Actually, we’re not…” Seongwoo mutters. “Jonghyun-ah, watch him.”

“I can handle it with Jaehwan. I hope.” Jonghyun replies. “At least it’s still edible. Ah, you two don’t buy something weird things for Minhyun.”

Daniel and Seongwoo looks at each othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter