Chapter 2

H&H

“Whoa, who messaged you?”

Jihoon blinked owlishly as he sat in front of the couch of his living room, his friend and neighbour Soonyoung sitting on the furniture and leaning towards him with his phone in hand. Quickly, he snatched the phone out of his hands, typing in the passcode. 

The male pouted, crossing his arms. “Wow, you didn’t have to be so rude about it. Don’t be so salty about dogs.”

He rolled his eyes playfully, going to his messages. “All I’m saying is that cats are so much fluffier and better.”

“And evil!” He shouted, throwing his arms up hysterically. “Do you not remember that video?! The cat pushed the other down!”

“They were just playing, Soon.”

“Uhm!? Hoon, if I push you down, is that playing?!”

The other didn’t answer his question as he raised his eyebrow at the message went to him. 

Unknown: “Hi! I’m the guy from China, the one with pink hair? I didn’t catch your name ;;”

“Dude, you didn’t answer my question- What’s that?” Soonyoung asked, peering at the message. “Looks like someone got the wrong number~”

“China, huh? But he’s typing in Korean.”

“Maybe he’s pretty good at Korean?” He questioned, shrugging.

Jihoon groaned, placing a finger on his cheek. “What should I say back?”

“Ask him who he is? Or at least how he got the number.”

Hoon: “How the did you get a Korean number?”

“Jesus Hoon, a bit too forward?” He scoffed, widening his eyes as the other ignored him.

“Look look, he’s typing.”

Unknown: “.”

Hoon: “ is right bud. Looks like you ain’t getting that job.”

Unknown: “Yup. This is horrible I’m so sorry. You could just delete me, I won’t bother again.”

“Wait wait wait,” Soonyoung stopped the boy from typing any further, staring seriously at him. “Ask him the question.”

After laughter and a disappointed grunt later, someone entered the house. “I’m home- Oh. Hello Soonyoung.”

The two made eye contact with the male who entered the house, Jihoon smiling softly. “Welcome home, Jaehwa.”

“Welp, I’ll take my leave,” Soonyoung started, standing up and dashing out the door. Jaehwa visibly sighed, closing the door behind him.

The shorter of the two raised an eyebrow in confusion. “What’s wrong?”

“I thought I told you not to hang out with him.” He angrily spoke, sitting on the couch tiredly.

His eyebrows furrowed. “What’s the problem?”

“We talked about this already,” He replied. “I thought you understood.”

“No, I don’t. Your reason is silly!” Jihoon blurted out.

“Listen babe, I don’t want to talk about this, I’m stressed. Could we just cuddle?”

The boy frowned, standing up to sit beside him on the couch, resting his head on his shoulder. He didn’t pay attention to his phone after that.