Chapter 12

H&H

“Hey Minghao! Mingyu is here!”

 

Minghao shouted back an ‘okay’, typing out and sending in another resume as he relaxed on his bed. He really fed off of Hoon’s advice, making sure he wouldn’t give up. “This time I’ll get it.” He muttered to himself, not noticing the taller friend creep up behind him.

 

“Boo!” Mingyu shouted, only for Minghao to turn to him with a blank stare. “What’s up?” He responded.

“You’re no fun Hao, react a bit!” He whined, sitting down beside him. The younger rolled his eyes, closing the laptop he was previously using. “You ready to go?”

 

“Yeah, hold up, let me get my jacket.” He responded, setting the laptop down and standing up to travel across the room.

 

The three were getting ready to eat dinner together. It was a slight tradition, as they would eat together frequently. Today, Mingyu was paying, which means that Minghao could order anything he wanted.

 

“Minghao!” Wonwoo called out, walking inside the room. “Don’t order so much, he’s not made out of money.”

 

Or not.

 

“Oh come on, he pretty much is.” He replied, scoffing slightly.

 

Despite it being a clear joke, the taller agreed. “Lighten up, Wonwoo,” He said, standing up only to wrap an arm around his shoulder. “I can buy you whatever you’d like too~” He cooed, the other trying to pull away.

 

The male’s cheeks puffed out as he watched the two, a small twinge of pain striking his heart. Quickly, he turned away, only for his phone to buzz. He dug through his jacket pocket, pulling out the device.

 

Hoon: You busy?

 

The boy blinked owlishly, glancing back to the other two. The two were chatting relentlessly, seemingly having the time of their lives. He rolled his eyes, turning his attention back to the phone.

 

Hao: ehhhhhhh a bit??? I’m going out soon

 

Hoon: That’s okay man, I’ll text you later

 

He would have let it go, saying goodbye before leaving with the other two. But he decided to chat a bit more as he thought the other two were in their own world.

 

Hao: No it’s alright!!! Are you okay???

 

Hoon: Yeah, I’m just bored lmao

 

Hoon: & need inspiration for new songs

 

Hao: oooooooo okay well I’m going with my friends outside, I’ll send photos of food and stuff! OuO

 

Hoon: Oh! That’s good!

 

Hoon: Yeah that’ll help a lot

 

“Who are you texting?” Minghao jumped slightly, hurriedly turning around to meet eyes with the other two.

 

“A friend.”

 

“You have a friend?!” The other shouted, teasing him.

 

He scoffed loudly, nodding. “I have more than you now.”

 

“Rude! Wonwoo, tell him to stop!”

 

“He’s right.” The oldest shrugged, smirking before smacking his back. “Also what are you, five? Grow up.”

 

“Wonwooooo…” He whined, making the youngest laugh. He recovered soon enough, turning back to Minghao. “So? Who is it?”

 

“It’s some guy in Korea.” Wonwoo answered for him, the other snapping his head towards him. “He’s been talking to them forever.”

 

“What, are you jealous?” Minghao teased, putting his hands together as if he was mocking the other. “Like, ‘Oh no! What should I do?! Minghao is talking to this guy and not me!!!’”

 

“Get out of here.” He chuckled at his actions, shaking his head. The boy felt a warm feeling as he watched the other laugh, smiling softy.

 

He was quickly snapped out of his daze by Mingyu, who held up his wallet. “Alright, let’s not waste another minute!”

 

The other two nodded, following Mingyu out of the apartment. Ki tried following as well, but was stopped by Minghao at the door.

 

“Not today Ki.” He said, crouching down to reach her level. The dog whined, sitting down as well. The male couldn’t live seeing Ki this disappointed, so with a sigh, he spoke. “If you stay, I’ll get you a new squeaky toy.”

 

The dog jumped up in delight, tail wagging as she barked happily. With a hearty laugh, he petted her head, standing back up after. In realization, he whipped out his phone, videotaping his cheery friend.

 

After ending the video he pointed at the food left by Wonwoo earlier before walking out the door and locking it. The two stared oddly at him as he hummed happily, tapping on his phone.

 

Hao: She wanted to come but I bribed her >u>

 

Hao sent a video

 

Hoon: Omg

 

Hoon: You better give her the best toy ever

 

He laughed softly as he read the message, about to type another message when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

 

“What are you doing?” Mingyu said, raising an eyebrow.

 

Minghao chuckled awkwardly, burying his phone in his pocket. “Sorry, sorry, was sending something.”

 

“Minghao, are you going to replace us?” Mingyu asked, making the other’s eyes widen his eyes.

 

“Are you crazy? Calm down, no one can replace you guys.” He answered, nodding.

 

“Yeah, Mingyu, stop being so insecure.” Wonwoo teased, strolling in front of the two.

 

“Yeah Mingyu.” The other repeated, joining the older.

 

“Wow, shut up!” Mingyu shouted, running after them.

 

The three continued their way to the restaurant, Minghao continuously taking photos of everything that could be mildly interesting. He didn't notice but after taking the fourth picture of his food that Mingyu was starting to get annoyed.

 

“Dude holy .” He hissed, stealing the phone away from him. “Just eat already.”

 

The boy pouted, huffing slightly as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. Maybe he shouldn’t be so fixated on his phone when he was out with his friends.

 

The eldest sighed, shaking his head as he took the phone away from Mingyu, giving it back to the other. “He’s right, let’s eat.”

 

“Oh come on, you didn’t have to give it to him so quickly! He’s gonna act childish with it.” The tallest retorted, bringing his spoon filled with what seemed to be a dessert to his lips. The Chinese male couldn’t help but scoff. What was he, a child?

 

He raised his eyebrows, giving him a look. “Says you, what are you doing, eating dessert before the actual meal.” Wonwoo stole the spoon away from the boy, putting it in his mouth. The other cried in disappointment that someone else ate his treat.

 

“You guys are like a couple.” Minghao spoke unintentionally, which he now wishes he hadn’t. The two visibly got uncomfortable, somewhat embarrassed? Even Mingyu had a light blush appear on his skin. He almost gagged at the sight, the slight pain in his chest coming back. He didn’t realize he could get jealous so easily.