love

a week.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
10 LOVE    

It was Friday, a beautiful sunny day but Irene was grumpy. Usually, the woman wouldn’t be a moody person, but it was almost lunch time and a certain bear haven’t showed up yet. Not even a good morning text. It was making Irene want to get out of her office and go straight to Seulgi’s work, but she couldn’t do it because she would have a meeting right after lunch.

It had been a month since their last day living together, they have been texting each other every time and Irene always would drop by Seulgi’s house after she left her office, so they could be all cuddly with each other. It wasn’t the same thing as living together, but Irene liked it anyway – being around Seulgi was enough to make her happy. Irene sighed once more and heard a knock on her door. “Come in.” She said and someone opened the door. She didn’t bother to look up, it probably was her secretary who wanted to remind her of her schedule, but once she heard the voice, she looked up. “Noona!” Kwangmin was running toward Irene and he immediately hugged her legs. His twin came inside the room right after him, but he was holding Seulgi’s hand. “Omo, what a surprise!” Irene smiled widely and picked Kwangmin up, making him sit on her lap.

Seulgi had a goofy smile on her lips as she walked toward Irene to peck her lips quickly. “Hey gorgeous.” She said and Irene glared at her playfully. “What are you doing here? I thought you were at work. And you didn’t text me today, I was about to go out and look for you, Kang Seulgi.” Irene talked fast, almost spitting fire as she kind of scolded the younger woman. Seulgi pouted a bit before giggling. “I’m so sorry. I just wanted to make a surprise and bring those two cuties to see you at work.” Irene glared at Seulgi again before noticing Youngmin clinging on her, wanting to be on her lap just like his brother did.

“Vic told me you have a meeting today. I was hoping to take you out for dinner, though. You think you can be at home around 7PM?” Seulgi asked, sitting down in front of Irene. She noticed Irene still had the painting she gave her when they were living together and it made Seulgi smile. “Vic… Hmph. Aren’t you getting too close with my secretary, Seulgi?” Irene said in a serious tone before laughing it off. “I don’t think the meeting will take too long. I’ll be ready for you at 7PM.” Irene looked down and noticed Kwangmin leaning to grab some of her papers and she just let him be; meanwhile, Youngmin got off her lap and ran to Seulgi. “Great! What about having lunch now? Those two have been asking me for Happy Meals all the way long. Plus, it’s Friday, so I guess some junk food would be totally allowed.”

***

After their lunch, Seulgi took Irene back to her office. The twins were too busy playing with their new toys, so the women could have a time alone. Irene was almost glued to Seulgi. She was surprised with her own way to act towards Seulgi; she had never been this clingy with someone. “I gotta go now, Rene. Taeyeon will scold me if I don’t bring them back soon.” Seulgi tucked a strand of hair behind Irene’s ear. Irene pouted but nodded her head and peppered Seulgi’s face with light kisses. “Aw, okay. Tell Taeyeon next time we will be taking the kids out to the park.” Seulgi nodded her head and gave Irene a last kiss before letting go of the woman. “Hey little buddies! Let’s go back. Taeyeon said she will bake cookies for everyone today!”  The twins squealed in happiness and quickly ran toward Seulgi. She picked both of them up, so they could kiss Irene’s cheek and say goodbye. “I’ll be at your house around 7PM. Don’t be late.”

Irene watched as the woman walked out with the twins; she had a smile on her face and her mood was so much better now. Irene could totally say she was in love with Seulgi and she could tell Seulgi cared just as much about her. “Vic, why don’t you take the rest of the day off, hm?” Irene smiled at her secretary and went back to her office. Victoria stared at her boss and laughed softly. Irene in love was the best version of Irene.

***

Yeri was surprised when she saw her sister at home so earlier. Usually, Irene would be back late at night because she would spend her time with Seulgi. But it was only 4PM and Irene already was at home, humming and smiling widely as she walked through the house. “Unnie, are you okay?” Yeri asked, walking behind her sister. Irene turned to face the younger Bae and hugged Yeri tightly. “Of course I am!” “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter