O1.

Lipstick Traces

 

     O1. F I G H T     
 
Hoya sighed and loosened his tie. He unlocked the door of his apartment and stumbled inside, rubbing his tired eyes. Once again, his co-workers left all the frustrating customers for him to deal with. While he was in the middle of ing his shirt, his girlfriend of three years, Hyunji, appeared in the doorway of their room.
 
She was a pretty and tall girl with fair skin. By the looks of it, she didn't appear happy. Her arms were crossed and she had a frown planted on her forehead. 
 
Hoya and Hyunji started to fight...again. This time was about Hoya not picking up his phone whenever she calls, or even replying to texts.
 
"I was busy! You should know that by now! I can't even get myself a cup of coffee, how am I supposed to text or call back?!" Hoya spat.
 
"Well, you used to do it all the time! You were always free and you would never miss a call from me!" Hyunji snapped.
 
Hoya groaned and ran his fingers through his hair. He was about to go crazy if this fight went for longer. Throwing the jacket of his suit on the cream couch, he stormed towards the front door. "Where are you going now, Lee Howon?!" Hyunji yelled. Hoya put his hand on the door handle and turned around. "Anywhere but here," he growled before slamming the door shut, leaving the hurt Hyunji alone in the house again.
 
Hoya didn't know where he was going, but all he knew was that he didn't want to think about Hyunji or work, so he went to a nightclub that had recently opened up closeby. 
 
Ordering himself an alcoholic drink, he took the burning liquid down his throat in one whole gulp. He ordered himself another one just when he heard a familiar girl's voice call his name, "Lee Howon? Is that you?"
 
Hoya flipped his head around only to come face to face with an old high school friend. "Oh! Jinhee, is that really you?" he asked. "What is a good girl like you doing in here?"
 
Jinhee shrugged her bare shoulders and said, "Could say the same to you." Hoya smirked before sipping his drink, "Touche."
 
"I just recently broke up with my boyfriend...he cheated on me..." Jinhee quietly mumbled the last part. Hoya nodded, intently listening. As Jinhee continued her story with her ex-boyfriend, Hoya started to feel some resemblence to his relationship with Hyunji.
 
Jinhee and her boyfriend fought every single day, and her boyfriend just got tired of her, so they broke up. Hoya stared at his drink in deep thought, *Will it also end that way for Hyunji and I?*
 
Jinhee's voice made Hoya snap back into his surroundings, "Eh? What about you, Howon? I've already told my story, so you should tell me yours." Hoya let out a heavy sigh before spilling everything about what's going on to Jinhee. 
 
When he finished, they both let out a sigh. Jinhee pursed her lips and then an idea popped into her head. "Hey, let's dance." Hoya's eyes widened. "Come on, I still remember you being the dancing king of the school in high school. No need to be embarrassed," she chuckled. *Hm...I guess dancing could take my mind off everything for a while.* With a shrug, Hoya followed Jinhee towards the dance floor.
 
Hoya laughed as Jinhee started to do crazy dance moves to fit the beat of the song. Jinhee laughed along, which caused Hoya's head to echo with her angelic laugh. He stopped and stared at Jinhee's bright smiling face. It reminded him of someone, but he couldn't get to the point to find out who before Jinhee dragged him with her around the dance floor. 
 
The upbeat song was trailing off until it was replaced with a slow and soothing song. All the singles left the dance floor while the couples pushed themselves closer towards each other. Jinhee and Hoya glanced around awkwardly. "Are you going to ask me to dance?" Jihye teasingly said. 
 
Hoya smiled before melodramatically bowing, "Will you, Miss Park Jinhee, care to join for a dance?" Jinhee giggled and placed her small hand in his warm ones. The singles saw the scene and jealousy swept across their faces. "She's so lucky," they whispered.
 
Jinhee and Hoya swayed together to the beat and as the song went by, their bodies came closer and closer together until there were no gaps between them. Jinhee placed her cheek on Hoya's broad chest and closed her eyes. She turned her head, causing her cherry lips to leave lipstick traces on Hoya's attire.
 
Hoya closed his eyes as he held Jinhee closely. Flashbacks of a pretty girl with a angelic laugh just like Jinhee's dashed through Hoya's mind. The person was familiar to him, but he didn't know who it was. 
 
A few minutes of dancing flew by and Jinhee glanced up at Hoya. He was intently staring ahead. She bit her lip before stepping on her toes and placing a soft kiss on Hoya's lips. 
 
Hoya's eyes widened when he felt Jinhee's lips on his. It took him by surprise, but for some reason, he didn't push her away. Instead, he forgot about everything and kissed her back.
 
They danced together all night long. 
 
     E N D