Let's Race (ChangRick)

Drabbles for Days

Changjo threw the crimson car into a lower gear, it leapt forward up the steep slope as he wound around the car he was chasing. As they crested the hill he shifted back up and felt himself thrown back into the seat as the car accelerated. With a cocky glance out the window he watched his competitor slide backwards out of view.

He had him now.

All he had to do was hold out until they reached the bottom of the mountain and he would win.

The first few turns were fine, Changjo slid the car around them, moving through his gears and completely focused. As he reached the fifth turn a flicker of green caught his eye; the other guy had already caught him up!? The sleek lime-green machine inched up beside him as they roared down to the next corner. Changjo had to keep his line, and his nerve. All he had to do was hold his line in the corner and make the other stay out of his way.

The bend rushed up. The green car wasn’t slowing down. They would sideswipe each other if they stayed this way. Down through the gears, overrevving the engine slightly. Changjo backed off the corner at the last moment, letting his competitor have the ideal position but making sure neither of them would crash and tumble into the ditch. He swore loudly.

Staying close on the taillights of the green car Changjo wove down the mountain, searching for an opening that never came. They breezed over the line, passed the lines of spectators with their cars and parked up alongside one another. In an instant Changjo was out of his car, leaving the door hanging open and striding over to the other machine.

“YAH!” He yelled, his temper overflowing, “What the hell was that!?”

He stood, hands on hips waiting for the other man to emerge from the car. The cartoon pig on the door seemed to be laughing at him; it did not help his temper. The door opened and the driver climbed out. He was grinning widely, in a square way, dimples showing in his adorable cheeks.

“Good race! Better luck next time though.” Ricky said with a giggle.

“Good race!? You! You can’t do that! We nearly friggin killed ourselves!” Changjo yelled, throwing his hands around wildly.

“Nah, we were fine. You need to learn to hold your line though, that’s why you always lose.” Ricky observed impartially, leaning on the boot of his car.

“What!” Changjo felt like his head would explode.

“If you held your line on that turn I wouldn’t have gotten passed you.”

Changjo stood dumbfounded, mouth agape, too irritated to react.

Ricky pushed off the car and sauntered over to him, sliding his hands over Changjo’s waist and pressing himself against the taller man intimately.

“Don’t worry sweetie, you win in all the right places.” He grabbed Changjo’s to emphasise his point. “You hold your line in all the places it really counts.” He mumbled seductively.

“I’m still mad at you.” Changjo growled, arms reluctantly folding around Ricky.

Ricky nodded in an exaggerated way, trying to hide his smile.

“Best two out of three?” Ricky teased. Changjo’s less than pleasant response was lost in the roar of people that finally caught up to congratulate Ricky on his win.