t o u c h

r e s t r i c t i o n
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] t o u c h [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Jisoo woke up next to Seungcheol. As usual. Seungcheol had an arm holding him protectively in place, except it felt more like a heavy weight over his chest.

His mark was throbbing. He was reminded of last night where his heart had began working before his head, and he’d almost gone and done things he absolutely should not have. 

He gently removed Seungcheol’s arm off him and got up, examining himself in the bathroom mirror. He looked awful. Dark, tired rings around his eyes. They no longer held that childlike sparkle to them from back when he first met Seungcheol. They were dull with grief and a need to escape the reality he was stuck in.

He lifted up his shirt and examined his mark. It was slightly red and irritated, but nothing more. Thankfully. 

Every moment in his life was a guessing game for Jisoo. Which Seungcheol would he see now? An angry, snappy Seungcheol? A violent Seungcheol? A sweet, caring Seungcheol? A pitiful, apologetic Seungcheol?  Jisoo sighed, putting his head in his hands. This was all growing to be too much to handle. One of these days, he was going to break. And he felt like it would happen soon.


Mingyu groaned. It was too early in the morning for him to be awake. And on a weekend, too. But the birds were practically screaming through his window so he was forced to get up. It was then that last night’s events tumbled down into his fogged up brain.

Jisoo.

Even though Mingyu had made a resolve to help Jisoo, he had no idea how. It’s not like he could just destroy the system, right? It was all wishful thinking.

He looked to his left to find the framed photo of him and Wonwoo on his bedside table. His mark throbbed again. What was he planning to do last night?

Jisoo’s face flashed in his mind. His eyes sparkling with tears. His trembling breath. His parted lips.

Mingyu stood up, trying to snap out of it. Enough. Since it was the weekend, he had the whole day to himself. He ought to make use of it. So, he took a walk outside. The morning air was slightly chilly as he stepped out and headed down the sidewalk. About a block down the road he spotted someone vaguely familiar. After racking his brain he realized it was Jeonghan, the person Junhui was enamored with.

And next to Jeonghan was a man. They were hand in hand, strolling down the street.

Mingyu’s eyes widened. Surely–no, this couldn’t be Jeonghan’s partner. Jeonghan was in a relationship with Junhui, the secretary wouldn’t have accepted his friend if he was already in a relationship. 

But then the unnamed stranger took Jeonghan and kissed him right then and there. Jeonghan smiled and wrapped his arms around the man’s neck to deepen the kiss. A few people shot them looks for being so public, but otherwise it was left unmentioned.

Mingyu gaped at the sight as he watched them turn a corner and disappear.

So then…was this person cheating? The consequences were huge and Mingyu felt compelled to let Junhui know. The last thing he wanted was for his friend to fall for a cheater. Though Junhui was still unmarked so he wouldn’t get in any trouble if they were caught. But nonetheless.

He returned home after his so called walk and texted Junhui, asking if he knew about this. A moment later he received a reply.

“Yeah I already know.”

Mingyu nearly dropped his phone in surprise. Another message came through.

“But it doesn’t matter.”

“What are you talking about? This is serious!” Mingyu responded urgently. 

“I’m helping him. He needs someone that really loves him. That guy he’s with doesn’t.”

“What do you mean?”

“The person he’s with only pretends to love him. It was a business marriage. No love.”

“I saw them kiss.”

“It’s all for show.”

Mingyu groaned, running his hand through his hair. “That doesn’t excuse the fact that it’s cheating! If he gets caught, you know what will happen!”

“I’ll protect him. I’ll find a way.”

Stubborn as always. Mingyu gave up, texting him a quick “good luck” before putting his phone down. 

Junhui made it seem so easy. The guy had always been pretty nonchalant about things, not really caring about consequences. Mingyu wished he could say the same. Unfortunately, he himself was more of a law abiding do gooder that knew no wrongs.

What would it be like if he decided to break the rules for once?


Jisoo sighed, sinking into his work chair after finishing his paperwork. Seungcheol sat down next to him, arms crossed. “Done?”

Jisoo nodded. “That’s my share of the work today.”

“Then can you leave?” 

Jisoo shook his head. “My shift ends at 5, I can’t leave before then.”

“Why not?”

“U-um, company rules…”

Seungcheol stood up, looking more than slightly pissed off. “We’ll see about that.” He trudged away, heading to the front office where the department head was situated.

Jisoo really hoped the head would reject his demands, because the workplace was his only sanctuary, the one place where he felt safeguarded by the public eye. Seungcheol couldn’t do anything to him, at least not much, while they were here. He fidgeted in his chair, resisting the urge to get up and go to Mingyu’s work space. The last thing he wanted was to elicit an even more vicious Seungcheol.

As minute by minute ticked by, Jisoo finally gained the courage to get up and take tentative steps to where Mingyu was. Not too close, just enough so he could spot the head of hair that stood out due to the extreme height of his. Jisoo felt his nerves on end, constantly looking over his shoulder to make sure Seungcheol hadn’t returned. 

Mingyu’s back was towards him, his clumsy fingers prying apart a file with difficulty. Jisoo smiled. He was itching to fill that empty chair next to Mingyu and help him out. He took a couple more steps. One more. Another. A bead of sweat broke out on his forehead and he hastily wiped it away. He was close enough that he could see the folds of fabric straining on Mingyu’s shirt due to his broad back and arms.

Then it was like his intuition kicked in and Jisoo whirled around, backtracking speedily. He made it back to his chair just as Seungcheol appeared, looking even more enraged.

“This place is a joke,” he spat. “Can’t even let a good worker leave early.”

Jisoo sat there, unsure what to say. Seungcheol gave him a cross look. “Why are you even working here?”

Jisoo gulped. “W-well, the pay’s good…the workload is pretty standard..and the commute is ideal…”

Seungcheol shook his head. “No, we need to find someplace better for you. Not this pile.”

He grabbed Jisoo’s arm. “We’re leaving.”

“Wh-what? You can’t–”

“Yes I can. We’re leaving.”

Jisoo protested weakly before the grip on his arm tightened painfully and he whimpered, giving up. Seungcheol dragged him past Mingyu’s desk. At that moment Mingyu looked up and caught Jisoo’s eyes. Time seemed to slow down for a moment as he read Jisoo’s expression and glanced at the rough way he was being forced along with his parter.

It’s not even time to clock out yet, why are they both leaving? Jisoo looked scared as well…

Mingyu pulled out his phone and texted Jisoo. “Everything ok?”

About

Please log in to read the full chapter