p r e l u d e

r e s t r i c t i o n
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] p r e l u d e [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

Mingyu smiled sadly to himself as he looked at the small mark on his upper torso. It was a beautiful flower that his partner had chosen himself. He traced the etched in petals with his forefinger methodically, a dull pain in his chest at the memory of his long gone lover.

Mingyu knew the moment Wonwoo had left that he was doomed to a life of isolation. Not only because his partner was gone, but also that he could never fall in love again. Not that he had any plans on moving on anytime soon, but the engraved symbol on his chest made it clear—he was taken, even if his spouse had passed away. 

Mingyu put on his suit and brushed back his hair before leaving the house. He was tempted to call in sick again but he’d already been given plenty of laxity following Wonwoo’s funeral, and it had already been nearly a year since. He had to stop dragging his coworkers down and return to business, however painful it was.

When he arrived, he was met with an unfamiliar face. From the side, the male in front of him had a breathtakingly faultless profile, from the eyes to his nose to his sharp jawline.

Mingyu blinked at the sight when the man turned, his bangs falling over his forehead, eyes sparkling.

“H-hello, I’m Hong Jisoo. I’ll be working in this section of the department from today, nice to meet you,” he said. Each word leaving his lips was adorned with a honey-like cadence that made Mingyu wish Jisoo would keep on talking forever.

Mingyu realized Jisoo was awaiting a response so he quickly extended his hand. “Kim Mingyu, uh, nice to meet you too.”

Jisoo smiled and accepted the greeting, his small hand lacing into Mingyu’s. Then he walked off to get to business.

“How old is he? He looks young,” Mingyu commented to one of his coworkers, Junhui.

Junhui snorted. “Older than both of us, apparently. He’s 25.”

Mingyu’s eyes widened as he turned to catch sight of the petite male once more. “No way.”

“Not our fault we’re both outrageously tall. But yeah, his face is definitely on the younger side. I’d totally hit him up if he was interested.”

Mingyu rolled his eyes. Junhui took it upon himself to flirt with every attractive person he laid eyes on, Mingyu included. That is, until he realized Mingyu was already marked and taken. 

Jisoo was returning now, with a stack of papers in his arms. He was walking hastily and tripped a little, the papers cascading out of his hold and onto the floor. Mingyu rushed to go help the poor guy, who was snatching papers left and right. 

“Let me help,” he said, bending down to assist Jisoo.

Jisoo smiled at him. “Ah, thanks. Sorry for being so clumsy.”

“Oh trust me, you’re not the only one. I trip all the time, even sitting down,” Mingyu replied in an effort to cheer him up.

Jisoo laughed softly, his hand over his mouth in an endearing way. “I see.”

Mingyu gazed at him and noticed a red smear across Jiso

Please log in to read the full chapter